Medical Requirements for NDA/NA
Candidates must meet NDA physical standards and NDA medical requirements in order to be considered for admission to the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination
A candidate who has left or been dismissed from one of the Armed Forces NDA II training institutions due to disciplinary reasons is ineligible to apply.
In this article, we will be discussing the Physical Requirements and medical requirements for Admission to the National Defense Academy Guidelines.
Many suitable candidates are subsequently turned down for reasons related to their health. In order to avoid disappointment at the last moment, candidates are encouraged in their own best interests to have themselves medically tested before completing their NDA II Online applications 2014.
In order to expedite the completion of the medical examination done at the Military Hospital after being recommended at the SSB, candidates are also instructed to correct minor flaws or diseases.
Below is a list of a few of these common malformations and illnesses:
- Hydrocele or phimosis,
- Wax in the Ears,
- a Deviated Nasal Septum
- Undersized Chest
- Overweight/ Underweight
All civilian applicants for Union Public Service Commission positions in the armed forces are eligible to receive outpatient care from service providers at no cost to the government for any illnesses or injuries they suffer while taking the SSB examination. Additionally, they will be entitled to publicly funded inpatient care at a hospital’s Officers ward if the following conditions are met:
- The disease is caught during the National Defence Academy examination by the selection board and there is no sufficient accommodation in the local civil hospital or it is impractical to send the patient to the civil hospital; 1. The damage is sustained during the NDA tests; or 2.
- The candidate must be admitted under NDA for observation by the medical board.
- An applicant who has been recommended by the Services Selection Board will go through a Board of Service Medical Officers NDA medical examination.
- The Medical Board will only approve individuals for admission to the academy if they are deemed fit. The Medical Board’s proceedings are private and will not be disclosed to anybody.
- The President of the Medical Board will nonetheless inform the applicants deemed unfit and will also inform them of the process for requesting an appeal medical board.
The provision of the Review Medical Board will be sent to candidates who were deemed unfit at the Appeal Medical Board.
NDA Height and Weight Standards
The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any illness or handicap that could prevent them from performing their military duties effectively.
There shouldn’t be any indications of a weak constitution, physical flaws, or underweight status. The applicant shouldn’t be obese or overweight.
157.5 cm is the minimum allowed height ( 162.5 cm for the Air Force ) The minimal height required for Gorkhas and people from the hills of India’s north-eastern regions, Garhwal and Kumaon, is 5 cm. Candidates from Lakshadweep may have their minimum acceptable height lowered by two centimetres.
|NDA Height / Weight Standards for Indian Army / Indian Air Force|
|Height in Centimetres ( Without shoes )||Weight in Kgs.|
|16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
NDA Height & Weight Standards for Indian Navy
Only the inner face of the forearm, from the inside of the elbow to the wrist, and the reverse side of the palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand / are permitted for permanent body tattoos. Candidates will not be allowed to move on in the selection process if they have permanent body tattoos on any other portion of their bodies. On a case-by-case basis, tribes with tattoos on their face or bodies in accordance with their prevailing customs and traditions will be allowed. For resolving such matters, Comdt Selection Centre shall be the appropriate authority.
|Height / Weight Standards for Indian Navy|
|Height in Centimetres ( Without shoes )||Weight in Kgs.|
|16 years||18 years||20 years|
NDA Medical: Pilot Requirements
|Leg Length||99.00cms.||120.00 cms.|
|Thigh Length||–||64.00 cms.|
|Sitting Height||81.50cms.||96. 00 cms.|
Our Success Stories:
A strong chest should be present. Chest circumference when expanded shouldn’t be less than 81 cm. After full inspiration, the minimum range of expansion should be 5 cm. A tape measure will be used to take the measurement, and it will be set such that its lower edge touches the nipple in front and its higher part touches the lower angle of the shoulder blades in the back. It is mandatory to get a chest X-ray, which will be used to rule out any chest diseases.
The bones and joints shouldn’t have any abnormalities in their growth or function.
NDA/ NA Physical Condition
Other than NDA medical requirements the prospective candidates are recommended to maintain good physical health by engaging in the following routine:
- 2.4 kilometres in 15 minutes of running
- pushups and situps ( minimum 20 each )
- Chin-ups ( minimum 08 )
- Rope climbing for 3 to 4 metres.
Best NDA Coaching in Allahabad
Although, the candidates can prepare for the NDA SSB interview with Major Kalshi Classes. It is the Best NDA coaching in Allahabad. Moreover, for the best NDA preparation in Prayagraj, take admission to Major Kalshi Classes. Some of the features that make MKC the best are as follows:
MKC Offline Classroom Course Unique Features:
- “Trend Analysis” based unique “Teaching Plan”
- Most experienced faculty of MKC,
- Doubt Counter facility
- Spoken English Classes,
- Physical Training Sessions at Malviya Stadium,
- MEDICAL CHECK-UP AT MKH
- Best Study Material by MKC Publication
- Weekly and Monthly Testing System
- Special Current Affairs Sessions
- Sunday Extra Classes
- Best SSB Interview guidance by Retired Officers
- Fully Equipped GTO Ground
- Huge Computer Lab
- Comfortable Hostel & Mess for Nutritious food
- NDA Medical Test with SSB: Complete Details
- NDA SSB Tips by Major Kalshi Classes
- NDA Cadets’ life inside Academy
- Best NDA SSB Coaching