Indian Navy issued the notification in June for the Recruitment of Stewards, Chefs and Hygienists for April 2019 Batch. Everybody who is class 10th passed and is born between 01 Apr 1998 and 31 Mar 2002, was eligible to apply. The last date to apply was 1st July 2018.
Those Eligible Candidates who filled the Online Application form successfully will face the Exam. The Exam will be scheduled on September-October 2018 and the Date will be Announced Soon on the Official Website. The Written Exam will be Conducted First.
Indian Navy invites applications, by giving out advertisements in all leading National/ Regional Newspapers in Dec/Jan and Jan/Jul; the eligible candidates may apply for this course based on educational qualification.
The candidates will be short-listed, on higher education and percentage of marks. The results of the Written Exams are announced at the same day. Those candidates who qualify in written test become eligible for physical and medical examination.
A candidate who qualifies in all stages will be short-listed depending upon the vacancies on All India Merit. For final Medical Examination, candidates who are short-listed will send to Police Verification with call-letter. Candidates without Police Verification report will not be eligible for this course.
Candidates applying for more than one type of entry are required to submit separate applications. However, only one application form is to be filled for a particular entry. Choice of entry is to be clearly indicated on the application form.
- Written Test
- Physical Fitness Test
- Medical Standard
- The Written Examination Question Paper will be given in two languages i.e., Hindi & English. All the Questions will be of Objective type.
- The Question Paper consists of 4 sections i.e., English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The Standard of Question Paper will be in 10+2 Pattern and the.
- The period of Examination will be conducted in one hour.
- Candidates must be Qualify in all sections.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squats (UthakBaithak) and 10 Push-ups.
- Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk. The results of the Written Test are generally declared on the same day. T
- hose who qualify Written Test are permitted to undergo PFT and only those who qualify PFT undergo Medical Examination.
- Entry level Medical standards are different for different entries. Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standards prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Candidates declared Temporary unfit during Medicals in the recruitment medical examination can avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/ appeal will be permissible.
- Those candidates who are declared Permanent Unfit during Medicals can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital on payment of Rs 40 by Military Receivable Order (MRO) in the Government Treasury within 21 days.
- Medical fitness certificate from other than that of the specialist opinion in the designated Military Hospital will NOT be considered. This whole process is generally completed on the same day but it may also take 3-4 days depending on the service requirements or due to unforeseen contingencies.
- The Examination is divided into two parts. The first is Science and Mathematics. The second part is General Knowledge.
- The Question Paper isdivided into fourparts and each part consists of 25 Questions each.
- The Time Allotted is 30 Minutes.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections.
- There are four alternatives to every question. That means, as penalty, one fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to the question will be deducted.
Science and Mathematics
- Nature of Matter, Universe (Planets/ Earth/ Satellites/ Sun), Electricity and its applications.
- Force and Gravitation, Newton’s Laws Of Motion, Work, Energy and Power.
- Heat, Temperature, metals and Non- Metals, Carbon and its Compounds, Measurements in Science, Sound & Wave Motion, Atomic Structure.
- Mathematical Simplification, Ratio and Proportion, Algebraic Identities, Linear Equations and Polynomials, Simultaneous Equations, Basic Trigonometry.
- Simple Mensuration, Geometry, Measures of Central Tendency (Average, Median and Mode).
- Interest, Profit, Loss and Percentage, Work, Time, Speed and Distance.
- Geography: Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland, Harbours.
- Culture and Religion, Freedom Movement, Important National Facts about India, Heritage, Arts and Dance.
- History, Defence, Wars and neighbours, Awards and Authors, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition.
- Current Affairs, Languages, Capitals and Currencies, Common Names, Full Forms and Abbreviations.
- Eminent Personalities, National: Bird/Animal/Sport/Flower/Anthem/ Song/Flag/Monuments.
- Sports: Championships / Winners/ Terms/ Number of Players.
The following documents are to be punched and tied firmly with a strong thread to the application in the sequence as given below:-
- Application is to be filled in capital letters with one recent Passport size photograph pasted at the top right corner and one spare recent Passport size photos with the candidate’s name written on the reverse attached along with the form (in the absence of recent photograph, candidate will not be allowed to appear in the examination).
- Matric/equivalent certificate for verification of date of birth.
- Mark sheet and certificate of Diploma/Higher Board examination/ Matriculation as applicable.
- Domicile certificate
- Two self-addressed envelopes of size 22 x 10 cms with Rs 10/- stamp affixed on one envelope and one envelope without stamp is to be submitted along with the application form. (White colour envelop for AA entry). On top of the envelope containing the application the Type of Entry, name of State, Percentage in exam and name of Exam passed is to be clearly written.
Merit List of all those candidates who are qualified in all respects will be prepared at IHQ MoD (Navy), New Delhi for different entries depending upon the numbers to be inducted. Out of this list, the centre-wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the respective Recruitment Centres.
FINAL ENROLMENT MEDICALS:
- All select list candidates who are issued with a call letter for Final Medical examination will be required to report at INS Chilka (Odisha) on the specified date and time to undergo a Final Enrolment Medical examination at INS Chilka prior to enrolment. Sleeper class rail/bus fare will be reimbursed on production of the ticket/receipt on reporting at INS Chilka. Candidates found UNFIT during this medical examination will not be enrolled for training. No appeal is permitted for review after the final enrolment Medical Examination at INS Chilka. The final enrolment in the Navy will be subject to the candidate clearing the final medical fitness at INS Chilka.
- The candidature of candidates selected is valid for the current batch only. Merit List pertaining to the advertised batch is valid ONLY for the advertised batch. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final merit list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Call letter for final medical examination will be forwarded only to medically qualified candidates in the select list. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
- Candidates who send more than one application for the same entry or apply for more than one examination centre will be disqualified.
- The candidature of candidates selected is valid for the current batch only. All India Merit List pertaining to the advertised batch is valid ONLY for the advertised batch. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final merit list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Navy reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off-percentage without assigning any reason. No communication shall be entertained on this account.
Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitments for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply.