Indian Navy SSR Selection Process 2023 with Exam pattern and Syllabus
Online applications are being accepted from unmarried male and unmarried female candidates who meet the eligibility criteria set by the Government of India for the enrollment as Agniveer (SSR) for the 02/2023 (November 2023) batch. The total number of vacancies available is 1365, including a maximum of 273 vacancies exclusively reserved for female candidates. These vacancies will be allocated state-wise. Lets know Indian Navy SSR Selection Process 2023 with Exam pattern and Syllabus.
Interested candidates who wish to join as Agniveer (SSR) for the November 2023 batch can submit their applications online. It is important to ensure that the eligibility conditions specified by the Government of India are met before applying for the position.
Indian Navy SSR Selection Process 2023:-
The selection process for the Agniveer (SSR) – 02/2023 batch will consist of two stages, namely, shortlisting (computer-based online examination) and the subsequent stages of written examination, Physical Fitness Test (PFT), and Recruitment Medical Examination.
In the initial stage, candidates will be shortlisted based on their performance in the computer-based online examination. This examination will assess the candidates’ knowledge and aptitude in subjects such as Mathematics, Science, English, and General Knowledge. Candidates who meet the required cutoff marks in the online examination will proceed to the next stage.
The second stage of the selection process includes a written examination, PFT, and Recruitment Medical Examination. The written examination will test the candidates’ understanding and proficiency in subjects such as English, Science, and Mathematics. It is essential for candidates to prepare thoroughly for this examination to enhance their chances of selection.
After the written examination, candidates who qualify will undergo a Physical Fitness Test (PFT). The PFT consists of various physical activities such as running, push-ups, and sit-ups, which assess the candidates’ physical fitness and endurance. Clearing the PFT is crucial for the candidates’ selection in the Agniveer (SSR) – 02/2023 batch.
Here is the information about the computer-based examination for the Agniveer (SSR) – 02/2023 batch in tabular form:
|Question Paper||Computer-based with a total of 100 questions|
|Marks per Question||1 mark each|
|Language||Bilingual (Hindi & English)|
|Question Type||Objective type (multiple-choice)|
|Sections in the Question Paper||1. English|
|4. General Awareness|
|Standard||Equivalent to the 10+2 level|
|Syllabus and Sample Papers||Available on the official website:|
Here are the physical eligibility details for Navy Agniveer recruitment in 2023:
|Height||157 cm||152 cm|
|Running||1.6 km in 6 minutes 30 seconds||1.6 km in 8 minutes|
|Squat Ups (Uthak Baithak)||20 times||15 times|
|Push Ups||12 times||Not applicable|
|Bent Knee Sit-ups||Not applicable||10 times|
These physical eligibility criteria are specific to the Navy Agniveer recruitment in 2023. Male candidates need to meet the height requirement of 157 cm, while female candidates should have a minimum height of 152 cm. The running test requires male candidates to complete 1.6 km in 6 minutes 30 seconds, while female candidates have a time limit of 8 minutes. Male candidates need to perform 20 squat ups, and female candidates need to perform 15 squat ups. Male candidates also need to complete 12 push ups, while female candidates are not required to perform push ups. Female candidates need to perform 10 bent knee sit-ups.
Syllabus of Agniveer SSR 2023:-
The syllabus for the computer-based examination for the Agniveer (SSR) – 02/2023 batch is based on the 10+2 level. The question paper will consist of four sections: English, Science, Mathematics, and General Awareness. Here is a brief overview of the syllabus for each section:
- Comprehension passages
- Grammar (e.g., tenses, verbs, adjectives, prepositions)
- Vocabulary (e.g., synonyms, antonyms, idioms)
- Sentence structure and formation
- Basic comprehension and writing skills
- Physics (e.g., laws of motion, gravitation, optics, electricity)
- Chemistry (e.g., periodic table, chemical reactions, acids and bases)
- Biology (e.g., cell structure, human anatomy, nutrition, reproduction)
- Environmental science
- Number systems
- Algebra (e.g., equations, polynomials, arithmetic progressions)
- Geometry (e.g., lines and angles, triangles, circles)
- Statistics and probability
- General Awareness:
- Current affairs (national and international)
- History, geography, and culture of India
- Indian Constitution and politics
- General science and technology
- Important dates and events
- Awards and honors
- Books and authors
Candidates are advised to refer to the official website, specifically the syllabus section, for a more detailed and comprehensive syllabus. Additionally, they can access sample papers available on the website to understand the question format and practice solving similar questions.
Here is the information regarding the duration of service, leave, and pay structure for Agniveers in the Indian Navy:
- Duration of Service:
- Agniveers will be enrolled in the Indian Navy under the Navy Act 1957 for a period of four years.
- They will serve for the entire duration of the engagement period.
- Agniveers hold a distinct rank within the Indian Navy and are considered the junior most rank.
- Agniveers are entitled to 30 days of leave per year.
- Additionally, they can avail of sick leave as per the recommendation of a competent medical authority.
- Leave is an essential component to provide Agniveers with an opportunity to take time off and rejuvenate.
- Pay, Allowances, and Allied Benefits:
- Agniveers will receive a monthly package of ₹30,000.
- They will also receive a fixed yearly increment.
- In addition to the basic pay, Agniveers are eligible for various allowances such as risk and hardship allowance, dress allowance, and travel allowance.
- These allowances aim to provide financial support and recognize the unique challenges and requirements of Agniveers in their service.