Indian Navy AA Recruitment – Selection Procedure
Indian Navy recruiting Sailors for Artificer Apprentice (AA), only unmarried male candidates are eligible. The selection can be done, by qualifying in written test, physical fitness test and medical examination.
Table of Contents
- Indian Navy invites applications, by giving out advertisements in all leading National/ Regional Newspapers in Dec/Jan and Jan/Jul; the eligible candidates may apply for this course based on educational qualification.
- The candidates will be short-listed, on higher education and percentage of marks. The results of the Written Exams are announced at the same day. Those candidates who qualify in written test become eligible for physical and medical examination.
- The candidates, who are declared as Temporary medicallyunfit, can apply for Special review from the Special military Hospital. The candidates who are declared as Permanent Unfit will have a specialist opinion in a military hospital on payment of Rs 40/-. Candidates who are declared as unfitcannot do anything.
- A candidate who qualifies in all stages will be short-listed depending upon the vacancies on All India Merit. For final Medical Examination, candidates who are short-listed will send to Police Verification with call-letter. Candidates without Police Verification report will not be eligible for this course.
- Candidates applying for more than one type of entry are required to submit separate applications. However, only one application form is to be filled for a particular entry. Choice of entry is to be clearly indicated on the application form.
NOTE – Application forms available on the official website are rejected if received through speed post/ registered post or couriers.
Nationality: A candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal (Gorkhas) or Bhutan to be eligible for the post of Artificial Apprentice.
Age: A candidate’s age must be in between 17-20 years.
Educational Qualification: A candidate should be qualified in 10+2/equivalent examination with a minimum of 55% marks inMathematics and Physics and in at least one of the following subject’s ofChemistry/ Biology/ Computer Sciences.
Exam Pattern: In the Sailor Entry, Selection of recruitment is based on the order of merit in the Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Fitness in the Medical Examination.
Written Test: The Written Examination Question Paper will be given in two languages i.e., Hindi & English. All the Questions will be of Objective type. The Question Paper consists of 4 sections i.e., English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge. The Standard of Question Paper will be in 10+2 Pattern and the. The period of Examination will be conducted in one hour. Candidates must be Qualify in all sections.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT): Qualifying in Physical Fitness test is necessary.
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes
- 20 squat-ups (UthakBaithak) and 10 push-ups.
The following documents are to be punched and tied firmly with a strong thread to the application in the sequence as given below:-
- Application is to be filled in capital letters with one recent Passport size photograph pasted at the top right corner and one spare recent Passport size photos with the candidate’s name written on the reverse attached along with the form (in the absence of recent photograph, candidate will not be allowed to appear in the examination).
- Matric/equivalent certificate for verification of date of birth.
- Mark sheet and certificate of Diploma/Higher Board examination/ Matriculation as applicable.
- Domicile certificate
- Two self-addressed envelopes of size 22 x 10 cms with Rs 10/- stamp affixed on one envelope and one envelope without stamp is to be submitted along with the application form. (White colour envelop for AA entry). On top of the envelope containing the application the Type of Entry, name of State, Percentage in exam and name of Exam passed is to be clearly written.
- Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body / Gravitation.
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Heat Thermodynamics, oscillations, waves, electrostatics, current electricity.
- Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetic waves.
- Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Atomic Nucleus / Solid and Semi-Conductor Devices, Principles of Communication.
- Metals and Non Metals, Organic Chemistry, Food, Nutrition and Health, Physiology and Human Diseases, Computer Science.
- Relations and Functions, Logarithms, Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry.
- Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates, Straight Lines Family of Straight lines, circles.
- Conic Sections, Permutations and Combinations, Vectors, Exponential and Logarithmic Series, Sets and Set Theory, Statistics.
- Introduction to Three-Dimensional Geometry,Probability Function, Limits and Continuity, Differentiation, Applications of Derivatives.
- Indefinite Integrals Binomial Theorem, Matrices,Determinants, Definite Integrals.
- Passage, Preposition, Correction of sentences, Change active to passive/passive to active voice.
- Change direct to indirect/indirect to direct, Verbs/Tense/Non Finites, Punctuation.
- Substituting phrasal verbs for expression, Synonyms and Antonyms, meanings of difficult words.
- Use of adjective, Compound preposition, Determiners (use of a, the, any etc), Use of pronouns.
- Culture and Religion, Geography: Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland Harbours, And Freedom Movement.
- Sports: championships /Winners / Terms /No of Players, Defence, Wars and Neighbours, current affairs.
- Important National Facts about India, Heritage and Arts, Dance, History, Languages, Capitals and
- National: Bird /Animal / Sport /Flower / Anthem /Song / Flag /Monuments, Eminent personalities.
- Common Names, Full forms and Abbreviations, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition, Award and Authors.
Physical and Medical Standards:
Height and Weight Standards, Male (Weight in Kilograms) Age in Years:
Medical Standards: Medical Examination for candidates will be conducted by authorised military doctors, as per medical standards, in current regulations applicable to Sailor Entry.
- A candidate must attain a minimum height of 157 cm and weight as per height.
- A candidate must be free from any disease/disability.
- A candidate must not have any cardio vascular disease.
- A candidate must not have any surgical deformities like Knock-Knees, Flat-foot etc.
- A candidate must not have any history regarding fits or psychiatric ailments.
- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
- Medical standards should be as per detailed guidelines issued by IHQ MOD in No (spl).
|Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|