CDS Physical Medical Standard, CDS Eyesight, Height and Weight Etc
If you have a dream of joining the Indian armed forces either its CDS (combined Defense Service), NDA or any other entries in the defense. You have to be physically and medically fit to be the part of the Indian armed forces. Here in this article, I will share with you the CDS Physical medical Standard, CDS eyesight required, height and Weight required for the CDS examination. I will give you complete information regarding this.
CDS Physical Medical Standard, CDS Eyesight, Height, and Weight:
The Combined Defense Service Examination is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year and the candidate has to appear for the Written Exam and SSB Interview and then they go for the Physical and medical test as per the Army Standard. The medical of the candidate will be done at the military hospital by the Military doctors. In the medical test, the body of the candidate will be fully checked and if you get the green signal from the Doctor only then you will be selected.
The Physical test is conducted by the defense Personnels to check the capacity and stamina of the candidate. If you have any problem while running or doing push-ups, you will be rejected. The Activity which you have to do in the Physical tests that is very normal and can be performed by any normal person who has average Physical health. let’s discuss these things in detail:
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
Physical & Medical Standard Required in CDS:
In Any force of the nation like Indian Police service or State Police Service, Indian Armed forces, National Security Guards, Indian Commandos they all entries have certain criteria for the Physical and medical standard.
Medical Requirement in Combined defense Service Exam- Right after the candidate clears the written test and SSB Interview, he will appear for the Medical Test which is conducted by the Military doctors in the Military Hospitals.
In this medical test, your body will be fully checked by the Military doctors under the rule of Indian Armed forces. In this, they will check your external Body parts like:
- The turning angle of Elbow. (it shouldn’t be turning more than 15 degrees in outer direction)
- Know knee
- Ears (your hearing must be normal)
Height and Weight required for CDS:
- Height: The height of the candidate should not be less than 157cm for men and 152cm for women.
- Weight: The weight of the candidate should be standard as per height. BMI rate must be good.
The CDS eyesight required that depends on the stream you are choosing like there are different criteria for eyes in the Indian Air force, Indian Navy and Indian Army. I will tell you the eyesight requirement for each force individually. Let’s talk about a few common points that are common for these forces.
- Your eyesight must be 6/6 without glasses.
- If you are wearing glasses it should not be worse than 6/12.
- Limits for myopia 0.75D and for Hypermetropia +1.5D
- Binocular vision III
- Limits for color perception I
- Should not have color blindness or night blindness.
- Eye correction surgery is allowed in the Indian Air Force, Indian Army, and Indian navy but there are some criteria for that:-
- Surgery should be done only once. If the candidate has had 2nd surgery in order to correct their vision, the candidate will be permanently rejected.
- Surgery should be done after the age of 20 years old. If a candidate’s surgery is done before the 20s, he will be permanently rejected.
- And after the surgery, your vision should be correct.
- You must have healthy eyes.
I have also given the complete details on Lasik surgery you can click on the link given below for complete detail about the surgery:
View this post on Instagram
CDS eyesight required – Eyesight requirement for the flying branch of Indian Air force, Indian navy and Indian army and also the snipers of the Indian Army can be different from the rest of the departments of the force.
- For the flying branch of the defense either its Indian Air force, Indian Navy or Indian Army you cannot wear glasses, for the correction of eyes you can go for eye correction surgery.
- Pilots must have better color vision, near visual acuity of 20/30 without correction, distance visual acuity of no worse than 20/70 in each eye.
- Correctable to 20/20 and meet other refraction, accommodation, and astigmatism requirements.
- If you have weak eyesight you cannot become a front-line soldier.
- You can join other branches of the Army like the education department, finance, logistic etc.
- But your eyesight must be correct after wearing glasses.
Indian Air Force
- Same procedure for the Air force also. You cannot become a fighter pilot or fighter helicopter pilot in the IAF, you can join the flying branch as a cargo pilot, glasses are allowed in this.
- Or you can join other branches of the IAF like the education department, canteen department, finance or logistic, etc.
- Indian navy follows the very strict rules for eyesight and internal fitness of candidates while recruiting. With weak eyes, you cannot join the flying branch of the Indian navy.
- There is an option for some other branches, which you can join but your eyesight should be correct after wearing glasses. You can join the Navy educational department, navy architecture, naval ship design, finance or logistic, etc.
Physical requirement in the CDS examination:
The Physical requirement in the combined defense service Examination is not very tough, The Candidate just have to do normal Running and some other activities.
- 1.6km running to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 squats
- 10 pushups etc.
These are the just basic activity which you have to perform, if you any problem while running or while doing any exercise consult to the doctor soon. A minor Mistake can cause permanent rejection.
You can Avail our Service:-
For purchasing any books for defense examination- Click Here
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
Visit our YouTube Channel For Free Education:- Click Here
This is all about CDS Physical Medical Standard, CDS Eyesight, Height and Weight Etc. If you guys want to serve for the nation and wanted to clear the Defence examination, can join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you. CDS eyesight required, height and Weight required for CDS.