LASIK means Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis, is surgery for the correction of vision, Many CDS aspirants wanted to know about the LASIK Surgery Criteria for CDS, So here MKC brings this article for our CDS Aspirants, Here we will tell you what is the criteria of LASIK Surgery? and LASIK Surgery Eligibility etc. First of all, I want to say you that LASIK Surgery is allowed in the Indian Armed Forces but there are some criteria for the LASIK Surgery. And if you guys are CDS Aspirants then you should read the full article.
LASIK Surgery Criteria for CDS Examination:-
What is LASIK surgery?
LASIK is simply an eye treatment, commonly known as laser eye surgery or laser eye correction. It is a type of refractive surgery which is used to treat the patients suffering from MYOPIA, HYPERMETROPIA, FORESIGHTEDNESS, And ASTIGMATISM. This surgery is done by the ophthalmologists who use a type of laser to give proper shape to cornea just to improve the visuality. It is the alternative solution of eyeglasses or spectacles.
- Lasik surgery is not meant for patients who have thin cornea or high myopia.
- In 2006 the National Institute for health and clinical excellence (NICE) collected evidence to prove the safety of Lasik surgery, NICE states that laser surgery for the correction of refractive errors is safe and beneficial.
RISK FACTORS OF LASIK Surgery:-
- Change in contact lenses and glasses.
- Certain medication use or conditions.
- Certain eye conditions like infections etc.
- Many people reviewed this surgery as they suffered eye dryness, sensitivity to light and blurred vision after the surgery.
LASIK Surgery Criteria for CDS:-
In order to be made FIT, the following criteria will have to be met:-
- Age more than 20 yrs at the time of surgery
- Minimum 12 months post LASIK
- Central corneal thickness equal to or more than 450 µ
- Axial length by IOL Master equal to or less than 26 mm
- Residual refraction of less than or equal to +/- 1.0 D incl cylinder, (provided acceptable in the category applied for).
- Normal healthy retina.
- Corneal topography and ectasia markers can also be included as addl criteria.
- Any candidate who has undergone any kerato-refractive procedure will have a certificate/operative notes from the medical centre where he/she has undergone the procedure, specifying the date and type of surgery.
- Absence of such a certificate will necessitate the Ophthalmologist to make a decision to reject the candidate with the specific endorsement of “Unfit due to undocumented Visual Acuity corrective procedure”.
- Is LASIK Surgery is allowed in Indian Armed Forces?
- CDS Eyesight Standard, What is Vision Standard for the CDS?
- EyeSight Parameters for Indian Air Force
- Eyesight Standard in Armed Forces Exams like NDA, CDS, AFCAT Etc
- CDS 1/2020 Study Material Download for Upcoming Exam
You can also Avail our Service:-
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
For purchasing any books for defence examination- Click Here
This is all about Is LASIK Surgery Criteria for CDS Examination. If you guys want to serve for the nation and wanted to clear Defence examination, can join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you. All the Best!