It is the dream of many Indians to become an officer in the Indian Armed forces. But most of you, may not be aware of the procedure, Exams that one has to clear to become one. In order to become an officer in the Indian Armed forces either it’s Navy or Army or Airforce etc. You will have to clear the SSB Interview this Interview is five days long and in those five days, you will be tested in all different manners. Here in this article, I am going to share with you the complete details about the SSB Interview and will tell you about the What are OLQs and how to develop Officer Like Quality to qualify for the SSB Interview. Check out the complete article below for detailed Information.
What are the OLQ and how to develop Officer Quality for SSB Interviews?
Table of Contents
In order to get selected in the SSB Interview. A candidate must have Officer Like Qualities (OLQs). Basically, the examiners find the Officer Like Quality in the candidate and they recommend them on the basis of that. Here in this, we will discuss those officers’ Like Quality and how to develop that officer-like Quality in yourself. Most of the students take this Interview very lightly and think that this Interview is just a normal Interview. This Interview is one of the toughest Interviews in India at the 10+2 level. One must prepare so well for this Interview. Here in this, I will tell you how can you prepare for the SSB (Service Selection Board) Interview by sitting at home.
To understand the complete interview, let’s see its complete procedure of it, and then we will talk about the OLQ (Officer Like Quality).
SSB Interview Procedure
The SSB (Service Selection Board) Interview is five days long and each A candidate will appear for the different types of tests and activities. Here you will get the details about each day and what are tests that you have to appear for.
Day 1 of SSB Interview:
- Reporting ( at MCO moment control office)
- Documents Check
- Form filling
1. Verbal, non-verbal intelligence test
2. Picture Perception description test (PPDT)
The result will be announced within 2-3 hours and failed will be sent back, and the rest of the candidates will stay for the next 4 days.
Day 2 of SSB Interview:
On the 2nd day you will have to clear a few more tests also, remember each test and each round is very important for your selection, a few tests of these rounds would be written and few would be in verbal, so prepare for the best.
- Thematic Apperception Test
- Word Association Test
- Situation Reaction Test
- Self Description Test
Day 3 of SSB Interview: GTO (Group Testing Officers)
- Group discussion
- Group planning exercise
- Progressive group task
- Half group task
- Individual obstacle task
- Command task
- Group obstacle task
Day 4 of SSB Interview: Personal Interview
Day 5 of SSB Interview: Conference
This is the complete process of the SSB Interview. Through these tests, the examiner tests the officer-like quality in the candidate. Now let’s look at Officer Quality.
What are the OLQs (Officer Like Quality):
Officer Like Quality is Basically a Quality of being a leader, A soldier, a Quick decision-maker, etc. The OLQ has been categorized into four factors and each factor has its own role.
Factor-I Planning and Organising:
- Effective Intelligence
- Reasoning Ability
- Organizing Ability
- Power of Expression
Factor- II Social Adjustment
- Social Adaptability
- Sense of Responsibility
Factor–III Social Effectiveness
- Self Confidence
- Speed of Decision
- Ability to Influence the Group
- Stamina etc.
These are the officer-like Quality that one must have to get selected in the SSB Interviews. It might seem tough to get selected but you are well-prepared and passionate about your dreams. It will be easy for you.
How to Develop Officer-Like Qualities?
It might be tough to explain how can you develop an officer-like Quality in yourself. But it is not impossible. First of all, try to implant some good habits in your life that add some value. Start reading the self-improvement novels and watch the Interviews of Successful people, defence Personnel and defence Speakers, etc. For more details, you must watch our video on youtube. where we have explained everything about this Interview. You must watch that video.
Some Common Tips for SSB Interviews:
Here are some points that we will all always remember not only about the SSB Interview but also in daily life to get better in lives. These things are very important in the SSB Interview for your selection:
- Positive Thinking- Always think positive, never feel like what if I get rejected or He/she is better than me. Just prepare yourself better and be the best version of yourself.
- Free-Minded- Never take the stress of anything, make your mind free of things like your personal problems or Daily life problems, etc.
- Confidence- Always be confident and passionate about your career, and do not skip the SSB interview by thinking that you have not prepared well for this. The interviewer does not test your knowledge only, they check your overall performance if you are not good at studies you may be good at some other field.
- Interview procedure- be aware of the SSB interview procedure, Most of the candidates do not even have an idea of what is about to happen next. prepare yourself according to each day.
- Make yourself able to speak fluently in English or Hindi, whichever language you prefer to speak.
- Always show respect to the other candidates while speaking against them in the GD (Group Discussion).
- Never Point out a finger and speak with calmness.
Please share this post with your friends if you enjoyed it.
Best SSB Interview Coaching in India
Although, the candidates can prepare for the NDA SSB interview with Major Kalshi Classes. It is the Best SSB coaching in India. Moreover, for the best NDA preparation in Prayagraj, take admission to Major Kalshi Classes. Some of the features that make MKC the best are as follows:
MKC Offline Classroom Course Unique Features:
- “Trend Analysis” based unique “Teaching Plan”
- Most experienced faculty of MKC,
- Doubt Counter facility
- Spoken English Classes,
- Physical Training Sessions at Malviya Stadium,
- MEDICAL CHECK-UP AT MKH
- Best Study Material by MKC Publication
- Weekly and Monthly Testing System
- Special Current Affairs Sessions
- Sunday Extra Classes
- Best SSB Interview guidance by Retired Officers
- Fully Equipped GTO Ground
- Huge Computer Lab
- Comfortable Hostel & Mess for Nutritious food