The General Knowledge plays an important roles in the Defence examination and also covers 1/3 portion of the paper. It is very important to prepare this portion in very well manner. Here in this article, I am sharing with you the complete details about the Rivers And It’s Tributaries Related information for Defence exam. All the candidates who are preparing for the exam, It can be really helpful for them. Check out the blog below to get complete information.
Rivers and its Tributaries Related Information for Defence Exam:
Indian River and tributaries are considered religious Spots at some places. and it also plays a significant role in the Indian Tradition in a different manner. Almost every state of India is blessed with rivers and some of the rivers are very famous while some are underrated. Most of the rivers in India is flow from the east direction and end at the Bay of Bengal. Only around five rivers are there that flow East to West Direction and end in the Arabian Sea. Here in this, we will see the names of the top ten rivers and Its Tributaries.
List of Famous Rivers and their Tributaries :
Here is the list of top ten rivers of India and their Tributaries. I have shared the information like the origin of the river, Length of the river, States that is covered by the river etc.
The Source of this River is from Gangotri Glacier, the Length of the Ganga River is 2,525 km and its Destination is the Bay of Bengal, Name of the States Covered by Ganga: Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand & West Bengal.
Tributaries of Ganga:
- The Yamuna etc.
The Source of the river is Himalaya, Tibetan plateau China, Length of the Brahmaputra River is around: 2,900 km, Destination: The Bay of Bengal and the States Covered by the Brahmaputra River in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh.
Tributaries of Brahmaputra River:
- Dihang River or
- Siang River
- Manas etc
- Source of Yamuna is from Yamunotri Glacier, Champasar Glacier
- The length of the river Yamuna is 1,376 km, Destination: Merges with Ganga, Triveni Sangam.
- Tributaries: Tons, Chambal, Hindon, Betwa and Ken, Hindon, Sharda.
- Source: Gar Tsangpo, Tibetan plateau china, Enter India at Jammu and Kashmir.
- Length: Length: 3,180 km
- Destination: Arabian sea near Sindh in Pakistan.
- Tributaries: Beas Sutlej, Ravi, Chenab, Jhelum.
- States Covered: Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Delhi.
Mahanadi River and its Tributaries Related Information:
- Source: Sihawa mountain, Dandakaranya In Chhattisgarh state of India.
- Length: 858 km
- Destination: The Bay of Bengal near Odisha state.
- Tributaries: Seonath, Hasdeo, Mand, Ib, Ong, Tel, Jonk.
- States Covered: Chhattisgarh, Odisha.
- Source: Brahmagiri Mountain near Trimbakeshwar, Maharashtra.
- Length: 1,465 km
- Destination: the Bay of Bengal in Andhra Pradesh.
- Tributaries: Purna, Pranhita, Indravati, Sabari River, Pravara, Manjira, Manair.
- States Covered: Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, and Orissa. (Total 6 states)
- Source: Near Mahabaleshwar, Satara district in Maharashtra.
- Length: 1,400 km
- Destination: the Bay of Bengal at Hamsaladeevi in Andhra Pradesh.
- Tributaries: Bhima, Dindi, Musi, Venna, Koyna, Panchganga, Dudhganga, Ghataprabha.
- State Covered: Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Telangana.
- Source: Talakaveri, Western Ghats mountain range in Karnataka.
- Length: 765 km
- Destination: the Bay of Bengal at Poompuhar in Tamil Nadu.
- Tributaries: Shimsha, Hemavati, Arkavati, Kabini, Amaravati, Lokapavani.
- State Covered: Tamilnadu (87%), Kerala (9%), Karnataka (4%).
Narmada River and its Tributaries Related Information:
- Source: Narmada Kund, Amarkantak Plateau in Madhya Pradesh
- Length: 1,312 km
- Destination: Gulf of Khambhat, Arabian Sea.
- Tributaries: Burhner, Banjar, Shakkar, Tawa, Hiran River, Tendoni, Kolar River, Orsang, Uri River.
- States Covered: Madhya Pradesh (MP), Maharashtra, and Gujarat. (Three States)
Tapi or Tapti:
- Source: Multai, Satpura Range
- Length: 724 km
- Destination: Gulf of Khambhat (Arabian Sea).
- Tributaries: Girna River, Gomai River, Mausam River, Panzara River, Purna River, Shiva River, Arunavati etc.
- State Covered: Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat.
Luni River and its Tributaries Related Information:
- Source: Pushkar valley of the Aravalli Range.
- Length: 495 km
- Destination: Rann of Kutch in Gujarat.
- Tributaries: Sukri and Jorari River
- State Covered: Rajasthan and Gujrat etc.
These are the name of the some famous rivers in India that covers maximum states in India. Almost all these rivers starts from the east and ends at the bay of Bengal and some flows in East to west direction and ends at the Arabian Sea.
Two rivers in India is considered as the longest river in India. Brahmaputra River and Indus River. The Length of the river is around 2900 km.
The Arvari river in Rajasthan is considered as the smallest river in India that is around 90 km long and flows through the Arvari District of Rajasthan.
The Brahmaputra River has considered the deepest river in India and the depth of the river is around 380 feet deep.
The Brahmaputra River has considered as the most widest river in Asia Sub-continent.
You can Avail our Service:-
For purchasing any books for defence examination- Click Here
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
Visit our YouTube Channel For Free Education:- Click Here
This is all about the Rivers and its Tributaries Related Information for Defence Exam. If you guys want to serve the nation and wanted to clear the Defence examination, can join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you.