How to Join the Indian Navy after Class 10th in 2023-24
The Indian Navy is one of the most esteemed and prestigious defence forces in the world. Joining the Indian Navy after completing the 10th standard is a remarkable opportunity for young individuals. In this blog, we will explore the various ways to join the Indian Navy after the 10th like eligibility criteria, selection process, physical fitness requirements, as well as the pay and allowances associated with the service etc.
Ways to Join Indian Navy After 10th in 2023:
Table of Contents
Right after passing class 10th, one can only join the Indian Navy as a Sailor. There are primarily two ways to join the Indian Navy after completing the 10th standard.
- Join Indian Navy as a Sailor after the 10th: Candidates can join as sailors through various entry-level exams such as the Indian Navy Matric Recruit (MR) and Indian Navy Non-Matric Recruit (NMR) examinations.
- Join the Indian Navy as an Artificer Apprentice (AA) after the 10th: The Indian Navy also offers the opportunity to join as an Artificer Apprentice, where candidates undergo a training program and gain technical skills.
In order to apply for any of these posts in the Indian Navy. There are some required criteria that have been mandatory to have. Here are the details about the required eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria to Join Indian Navy After 10th:
Required Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for joining the Indian Navy after the 10th standard, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- Age: The age limit varies based on the specific entry scheme. Generally, candidates should be between 17 to 20 years old.
- Educational Qualifications: Candidates must have completed the 10th standard or equivalent from a recognized board.
Physical Fitness to Join Navy After Class 10th:
Physical fitness is of utmost importance in the Indian Navy. Candidates must maintain a good level of physical fitness to be able to handle the challenges of the service.
Regular exercise, endurance training, and a healthy lifestyle are essential to stay fit and prepare for the physical fitness test. These are the same criteria that a candidate has to match to apply for the Indian Navy vacancies after passing class 10th. Now let’s see the overall selection Procedure.
Selection Process in the Indian Navy After Class 10th in 2023:
The selection process for joining the Indian Navy after the 10th standard typically involves the following stages. It is mandatory for each individual candidate to clear each stage of the selection process.
- Written Examination: Candidates need to appear for a written examination that tests their knowledge in subjects like English, Science, Mathematics, and General Awareness.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT): Candidates who qualify for the written examination are required to undergo a physical fitness test, which includes tasks such as a 1.6 km run, push-ups, and squats.
- Medical Examination: Shortlisted candidates undergo a thorough medical examination to ensure they meet the medical standards set by the Indian Navy.
Based on the performance in the written examination, PFT, and medical examination, a merit list is prepared. The final selection is done through a centralized merit-based system, and candidates are then called for training based on the available vacancies.
Pay and Allowances After Joining Navy after Class 10th in 2023:
Joining the Indian Navy after the 10th standard comes with several financial benefits. Sailors and Artificer Apprentices are entitled to a handsome salary, along with various allowances such as:
- Dearness Allowance
- Kit Maintenance Allowance
- Transport Allowance, and others.
The pay and allowances are revised periodically based on government policies. To get exact information about the Indian Navy Salary, check the Official Website of the Indian Navy.
Why Navy after 10th as a Career:
Joining the Indian Navy after the 10th standard is a rewarding and honourable career choice. The Navy offers diverse opportunities for personal growth, professional development, and a chance to serve the nation. You can become financially independent at a very young age.
By meeting the eligibility criteria, preparing diligently, and maintaining physical fitness, aspiring candidates can pave their way towards a successful career in the Indian Navy.
Yes, the Indian Navy encourages and supports higher education. While serving in the Navy, the Navy also offers various educational and skill development courses to enhance your knowledge and skills.
Yes, women can join the Indian Navy after the 10th standard. There are specific entry schemes available for women in the Navy, and they can apply based on their eligibility and qualifications.
The Indian Navy provides ample career growth opportunities. As you gain experience and seniority, you can progress through various ranks and assume higher positions.