CDS Mathematics syllabus full detail.
CDS Mathematics syllabus full detail:- Friends, one of the most popular application forms for joining the Indian Army is the written examination of the Combined Defence Service to be conducted on 7 February 2021. But in the year 2020, due to coronavirus, there has been a lot of change in educational activities. Due to which many academic course topics were reduced by about 30%. On the basis of this, a slight change has also been made in the syllabus of the mathematics subject asked in the CDS exam. What changed about the mathematics syllabus of CDS and their topics and what type of questions will be asked from which subject in the exam.
Today we will discuss all these important topics in our article and will tell you what is the Mathematics Syllabus of CDS. So let’s get started and give you information about the syllabus of CDS Mathematics and books related to it.
CDS Mathematics syllabus
Friends, you should be aware that through the CDS exam, candidates selected in the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Indian Air Force Academy. Due to which the pattern of CDS examination almost the same and the subjects asked in them are also the same. The CDS exam consists of a separate mathematics subject, in which candidates are give 2 hours. In the subject of Mathematics, the candidates are ask questions in the question paper and each question carries one mark.
During the examination, candidates have to solve objective type questions. Candidates have deducted 0.33 marks for each wrong answer. Friends, if you talk about the mathematics topic of the CDS exam, then they are number system, unitary rule, elementary number theory, basic operations of algebra, trigonometry, geometry, mensuration, and statistics.
CDS Mathematics syllabus All topics and its books-
- Number System – Natural numbers, fundamental operations, ratios and comparisons, gains and losses, Simple and Complex Interest, Percentage, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Unity Method, Decimal Fraction, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, division, rational and applications to applications real numbers, integers, and variations.
- Elementary Number Theory– Tests of divisibility, HCF and LCM by multiples and factors, theorem, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, and 11, Euclidean algorithms, use of logarithmic tables, prime and composite numbers, rules of the logarithm, and division algorithms.
- Plane and plane figures, lines and angles, properties of angles at a point, parallel lines, angles of side and triangle, Consistency of triangles, similar triangles, medians, and altitudes agreed upon, properties of angles, Circle and its properties including tangent and standard, square sides and diagonals, rectangles and parallelograms.
- Trigonometry –
- Simple trigonometric, simple cases of height and distance, using trigonometric tables.
- Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90°
- The Values of sin ×, cos ×, and tan ×, for ×= 0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, and 90°
- Algebra –
- Language sets and set notation, law of indices, rational expressions, practical problems, linear inequalities, Linear equations in two unknowns simultaneously- Analytical and graphical solutions, Relationship between roots and coefficients, Solutions of quadratic equations, Theory of polynomials, residue theorem, basic operations, simple factors, HCF, LCM, etc.
- Statistics –
- Graphical representation frequency polygons, collection, and tables of statistical data, central trend measures, histograms, pie charts, bar charts, etc.
- Mensuration –
- Square areas, circles, triangles, rectangles, and parallelograms, areas of figures that can be divided into surface area and volume of cuboids in these figures, Lateral surface, and right sphere, surface area and volume of spheres, etc.
Friends, as you have seen which topics are asked in the CDS exam from the subject of Mathematics. You can earn maximum marks in the CDS exam by studying all these topics easily. If you want the above-mentioned topics can be studied in a simple and well-equipped way. So you must study the book Elementary Mathematics for CDS published by Major Kalshi Classes. Published by Major Kalshi Classes or the book is available in both Hindi and English languages. To buy this book, you can order online by visiting the official website of Major Kalshi Classes. Below we are sharing some general information related to this book with you.
- Book Name: – Elementary Mathematics for CDS
- Book Type: – Textbook and practice book
- Language of the book: – Both Hindi and English
- Editing Year: – 2021
- Publisher: -Major Kalshi Classes Private Limited
- Author Name: – Mr. Saurabh Sir & Team
- Specialty:-In this book, an attempt has been made to explain the subject of mathematics in a very simple way. Through which candidates can easily solve the mathematics subject of the CDS exam without any dilemma.
(CDS Mathematics syllabus full detail)
Major Kalshi Classes Coaching Institute
Friends, if you are looking for a coaching institute to earn more marks in army-related examinations like CDS, NDA, etc., and for preparing for the exam. So Major Kalshi Classes is a better coaching institute for you. In this coaching institute, you are giving complete academic and physical preparation for defence-related examinations. If you want to easily pass the CDS exam and all kinds of defence-related examinations, then soon you reach the head office of Major Kalshi Classes. And start preparing for the exam by getting your nomination.
Major Kalshi classes have also started the publication of books keeping in view the intellectual abilities of the candidates. Through which the candidates preparing for the army can easily prepare for the subject asked in the examination. To buy books for all types of examinations related to defence, you should visit the official website of Major Kalshi Classes. And ordered the books sitting at home. If you want to prepare for the army by staying in any state of the country, then you can prepare for your exam by joining online classes of Major Kalshi Classes. Major Kalshi classes also organize free live classes for students from time to time. Click on the link below to join the free live classes run by MKC.
Frequently Asked question
- What is the math syllabus of CDS?
Answer:- The syllabus of the Math topic ask in Combined Defence Service given in detail above.
- Which book to study for math preparation?
Answer:- Must read CBSE syllabus to prepare for Mathematics and read the book published by MKC for preparation of Mathematics subject in Army.
- Is there a negative marking in the CDS written test?
Answer:- Yes, 0.33 marks of each wrong answer are deducting as negative marking in the written examination of CDS.
- How much time gives for mathematics in the CDS exam?
Answer:- In the CDS exam, 2 hours are given for the mathematics subject. In which the candidate has to do 100 questions.
- How to prepare for the CDS exam?
Answer:- For the preparation for the CDS exam, the candidate should study CBSC books and must join MKC Coaching Institute.