What is the Indian army judge advocate entry:- Friends, after 12th, the candidates start studying law and work as advocates in the High Court, Civil Court, Courts, etc. present in the district. But the candidates who have the courage to join the army, somehow join the army. Yes, today we will talk about one such entry in the army, in which candidates can easily join the Indian Army even after studying law. Today we will talk about the exam of the Judge Advocate General ie Jag. This examination conducted every year for candidates who have obtained a law degree in the Indian Army. But do you know what it is made for? And what tasks do the candidates have to do under it? Probably not, so let’s share with you all the information about Judge Advocate Entry from beginning to end.
What is the Indian army judge advocate entry?
The job of a Judge Advocate in the Indian Army done to carry out the legal functions of the Indian Army. That is when any type of legal action is to be taken on an Indian Army employee or soldier, then they do this work. The job of a Judge Advocate General is to assess the actions of the soldiers and take legal action against the disturbances committed by them. Every year a very low vacancy in the Indian Army comes for Judge Advocate Entry. If you have obtained a degree after studying law and want to join the army, then there is a better opportunity here. Let us share information about how you can apply through Judge Advocate Entry.
To become a Judge Advocate in the Army, the candidates should apply only if they are competent according to the following eligibility. Below we are giving you information about eligibility for Judge Advocate Entry.
- Only unmarried women and men can fill this application form.
- It is an application made under a short service commission.
- The age of the candidate should be between 21 to 27 years to fill this application form.
- The citizenship of the candidate must be Indian. Apart from this, candidates born in India who are living in the neighboring country of India can also fill this application form.
- As per the educational qualification, the candidate must have a minimum of 55% marks in LLB degree.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to register with the Indian Bar Council.
The selection process of JAG Entry
No written examination conducted to become a Judge Advocate in the Army. This is a direct joining service, The selection process in this service done as follows.
- First, the applications shortlisted on the basis of percentage marks obtained in the degree of the candidates filling the application form.
- Information on the shortlisted selected candidates communicated on the official website of the Army.
- Candidates whose applications found correct are notified for SSB interview at the selected selection centers on the date specified.
- During the SSB interview, candidates have to go through stages like Personal Interview in addition to Psychological Aptitude Test and Group Test.
- Interviews held from 5 to 6 days at SSB Selection Centers Under which candidates have to pass different types
- Reporting done at the SSB Selection Center on the first day Subsequently group tests psychological tests and interviews conducted within the next 4 days. For detailed information about the SSB interview, click on the link below.
- Candidates who qualified by the selection board sent to the medical board for medical examination.
- On being found fit in the medical test, the selected candidates selected according to the merit list and forwarded for training.
JAG का प्रशिक्षण (JAG Entry)
- Selected candidates sent for training (according to their status in the last order of merit) at the Officers’ Training Academy (OTA), Chennai.
- Candidates will neither allowed to marry during the period of training nor will they allowed to live with parents/guardians. Candidates should not marry until they have completed full training at OTA, Chennai.
- All candidates who successfully complete training at OTA, Chennai awarded the “Postgraduate Diploma in Defense Management and Strategic Studies” by Madras University.
Salary and allowances
All candidates are given a stipend of Rs 56,500 / -. On completion of the training, he will appoint to the rank of lieutenant. Then their salary is 56,500 – 177500 per month. The army provides free medical facilities, canteen facilities, ration, mess/club/sports facilities, housing, car/housing loans at a discounted rate, and furnace by the government, for self and dependents.
Documents for JAG Selection (JAG Entry)
- A copy of the print out of the application form was self-signed and self-attested.
- Copy of certificate of matriculation (10 V) / equivalent for proof of age.
- 12th-grade certificate and mark sheet.
- Copy of Bachelor’s degree / LLB / LLM degree (in case of having LLB degree three years after graduation).
- LLB Degree / Final Degree Copy.
- Copy of marks sheet for all years/semesters.
- Copy of registration with a certificate from Bar Council of India / State or College / University.
- All the above certificates required in the original. The original will returned after verification at the service selection board. The candidature of the candidate who does not take the above documents for the SSB interview will be canceled.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to keep a second copy of the printout of the online application.
Physical Standards for JAG
- Height and weight: The minimum height for men is 157.5 cm and 46 kg weight and 152 cm and 42 kg for female candidates.
- Visual standard: – For male candidates, better distance vision (right) should be 6/6 for eyes and 6/18 for poor eyes.
|Height and weight (for men)||Minimum height, 157.5 cm Weight: – 46 kg|
|Height and weight (for women)||Minimum height, 152 cm Weight: – 42 kg|
|Visual standard||6/6 (correct) 6/18 (bad)|
frequently Asked question
- Do judges become Advocate General after SSB interview?
Answer: – No, 49 weeks of academic training is done after the SSB interview. This followed by the charge of the Judge Advocate General.
- What is the job of Judge Advocate General (JAG Entry)?
Answer: – The job of a Judge General Advocate is to defend all the legal work done in the army.
- Whether or not the post of Judge Advocate General is under Permanent Commission?
Answer: – Recently after the order issued by the Supreme Court, the post of Judge Advocate General has been placed under the Permanent Commission.
- For how many years can a Judge Advocate General work under the Short Service Commission?
Answer: – The Judge Advocate General can work for 10 years under the Short Service Commission. But if the work is commendable, it can extend up to 4 years.
- If a candidate married after selection, can he become a Judge General Advocate or not?
Answer: – If the candidate filled the application form before marriage and he married during the SSB interview then he will be considered invalid.