Hello, Guys, today MKC is going to share an answer to a very popular question which is frequently asked by Defence aspirants either they are preparing for NDA OR CDS, and this is CDS Eyesight Standard, What is Vision Standard for the CDS examination? Eyesight Standard of CDS Examination is very important to know of every CDS Aspirants. So in this article, we are sharing what should be Eyesight for CDS and how can anyone join CDS with low Eyesight.
CDS Eyesight Standard, What is Vision Standard for the CDS examination?:-
Eyesight could be the minor reason for rejection of your career but it is common in CDS or NDA. Most candidates get a rejection because of their weak eyesight. If you are defence Aspirant, you should know there are so many Parameter by which defence personnel checks the eyesight of the Candidate in your medical and physical test. They will check you in all manner. So make sure before going for the medical or physical you have taken enough education for that. If you would not be aware of it. Maximum chances are you will fail in your exams. In this article we will be discussing the Vision standard for the CDS examination, if you have any problem in eyes or wearing glasses then you should read complete article. There are several relaxations for the candidates for some branches who have weak eyesight. Let’s look at this below:-
Eyesight requirement for the CDS examination
Through the CDS, candidates are selected for the three major forces for the Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air force. and the eyesight requirement is different in these all. Let’s talk about a few common points that are common for these forces.
- You eyesight must be 6/6 without glasses.
- If you are wearing glasses it should not be bad than 6/12.
- Limits for myopia 0.75D and for Hypermetropia +1.5D
- Binocular vision III
- Limits for color perception I
- Should not have color blindness or night blindness.
- Eye correction surgery is allowed in the Indian Air Force, Indian Army, and Indian navy but there are some criteria for that:-
- Surgery should be done only once. If the candidate has had 2nd surgery in order to correct their vision, the candidate will be permanently rejected.
- Surgery should be done after the age of 20 years old. If the candidate’s surgery is done before the 20s, he will be permanently rejected.
- And after the surgery, your vision should be correct.
- You must have healthy eyes.
I have also written an article on Lasik surgery you can check out that for complete detail about the surgery.
Eyesight requirement for the flying branch of Indian Air force, Indian navy and Indian army and also the snipers of the Indian Army can be different from the rest of the departments of the force.
- For the flying branch of the defence either its Indian Air force, Indian Navy or Indian Army you cannot wear glasses, for the correction of eyes you can go for eye correction surgery.
- Pilots must have better color vision, near visual acuity of 20/30 without correction, distance visual acuity of no worse than 20/70 in each eye.
- Correctable to 20/20 and meet other refraction, accommodation and astigmatism requirements.
Indian Army Eyesight Standard Through CDS:-
- If you have weak eyesight you cannot become a front-line soldier.
- You can join other branches of the Army like education department, finance, logistic etc.
- But your eyesight must be correct after wearing glasses.
Indian Air Force Eyesight Standard Through CDS
- The same procedure for the Air force also. You cannot become a fighter pilot or fighter helicopter pilot in the IAF, you can join the flying branch as a cargo pilot, glasses are allowed in this.
- Or you can join other branches of the IAF like the education department, canteen department, finance or logistic, etc.
Indian Navy Eyesight Standard Through CDS
- Indian navy follows the very strict rules for the eyesight and internal fitness of candidates while recruiting. With weak eyes, you cannot join the flying branch of the Indian navy.
- There is an option for some other branches, which you can join but your eyesight should be correct after wearing glasses. You can join the Navy educational department, navy architecture, naval ship design, finance or logistic, etc.
But for the correction of eyesight, you can go for the eye correction surgery, and if your surgery has gone well and you get proper eyesight, then all the branches are open for you, you can join any branch of IAF , Indian Navy or Indian Army.
For the complete detail about the surgery read our previous article about eye correction surgery/lasik surgery.
- Eye Sight Parameters for Indian Air Force
- Eyesight Standard in Armed Forces Exams like NDA, CDS, AFCAT Etc
If you are defence aspirant, take care of your body parts, eat healthy, sleep well and for the eye try to stay away from the blue rays which come from electronic screens like mobile phones, television, laptop or computer, etc. You can use glasses while using these electronics gadgets. It can save your eyes.
You can Avail our Service:-
For purchasing any books for defence examination- Click Here
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
This is all about CDS Eyesight Standard, What is Vision Standard for the CDS examination?. If you guys want to serve for the nation and wanted to clear Defence examination, can join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you. All the Best!