Hey guys, today Major Kalshi Classes is going to share the detailed information about the LASIK Surgery in Indian Armed Forces, Some students always think about Is LASIK surgery is allowed in Indian Armed Forces? So here we bring the information about Is LASIK Surgery Allowed in Indian Army?, LASIK is allowed in Indian Air Force or not. Here you will be able to understand that LASIK is allowed in Indian Navy or not.
Is LASIK Surgery is allowed in Indian Armed Forces?
If you guys want to prepare for the Indian armed forces and wanted to serve for the nation and due to some reason you wear spectacles so it is obvious that this question comes in your mind that you are eligible or not for Indian Army, Indian Air Force, and Indian Navy. So the answer is Yes, but you have to go through the LASIK Surgery and here we are writing the article about the same.
There is some criteria for LASIK Surgery, So let’s go in detail and understand each and everything clearly.
What is LASIK surgery?
LASIK is simply an eye treatment, commonly known as laser eye surgery or laser eye correction. It is a type of refractive surgery which is used to treat the patients suffering from MYOPIA, HYPERMETROPIA, FORESIGHTEDNESS And ASTIGMATISM. This surgery is done by the ophthalmologists who use a type of laser to give proper shape to cornea just to improve the visuality. It is the alternative solution of eyeglasses or spectacles.
- Lasik surgery is not meant for patients who have thin cornea or high myopia.
- In 2006 the National Institute for health and clinical excellence (NICE) collected evidence to prove the safety of Lasik surgery, NICE states that laser surgery for the correction of refractive errors is safe and beneficial.
RISK FACTORS OF LASIK:-
- Change in contact lenses and glasses.
- Certain medication use or conditions.
- Certain eye conditions like infections etc.
- Many people reviewed this surgery as they suffered eye dryness, sensitivity to light and blurred vision after the surgery.
So here how’s the procedure works of Lasik surgery
- The cornea is the outermost layer of our eye, it bends or refracts the incoming light which focuses the beam and helps you see clearly.
- Lasik surgery reshapes the cornea and smooths out irregularities.
- First the surgeons numb the eye with drops.
- Then they use a laser to make a flap in the cornea.
- A computer-controlled laser shoots pulses of light into the eye
- Finally, the surgeon replaces the flap and our eye can begin to heal.
- You will probably experience blurry vision and light sensitivity for a few days after.
- It usually takes 2 to 3 months to completely heal your eyes.
Now coming to the Point why Indian Armed forces didn’t allow candidates with LASIK surgery.
NOTE:- Your eye correction surgery should be done after the age of 20 years old. As per rules of Indian Armed Forces.
LASIK Surgery is allowed in Indian Armed Forces-
IN INDIAN ARMY:-
- Indian Army allows candidates with one LASIK surgery. Only if your surgery is done after the age of 20 years old. And after the surgery, your eyesight must be 6/6 without any glasses.
- You must have healthy retina after any eye correction surgery.
- But for the ARMY Aviation, uncorrected vision can be no worse than 20/40 (correctable to 20/20) in each eye
- You are eligible to join any branch of INDIAN ARMY with 6/6 eyesight. Except for Army Aviation.
- But NDA does not allow LASIK surgery because the maximum age for Joining NDA is 19 years old.
- Indian Navy allows only one Laser eye correction.
- The Navy allows for both LASIK and PRK laser eye surgery, both for current pilots and NFOs and for pilot/NFO applicants.
- You can apply for the technical branches, onboard duty staffs etc.
- Indian Navy accepts a stricter of only -0.75D. but if you are having Color blindness or Night blindness individuals are disqualified.
- And for the fighter pilots of Indian Navy uncorrected vision can be no worse than 20/40 (correctable to 20/20) in each eye.
- But you can join as a transport pilot. if your vision is 6/6 after the glasses or without glasses.
INDIAN AIR FORCE:-
- Air Force also allows only one laser eye correction.
- For becoming a fighter pilot you must have good vision so that you can see and act quickly. For that candidate’s vision can be no worse than 20/70.
- To enter Navigator Training, the candidate can have vision no worse than 20/200 in each eye.
- You can join the technical branches ground staffs officers with the glasses if your eyesight is 6/6 after the glasses.
You can also Avail our Service:-
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
For purchasing any books for defence examination- Click Here
This is all about Is LASIK Surgery is allowed in Indian Armed Forces?. If you guys want to serve for the nation and wanted to clear Defence examination, can join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiry, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you. All the Best!FOLLOW