Awards and Honors List | Important for NDA GK Questions
NDA GK Questions – NDA 1 2019 written exam is going to held on 21st April 2019. Every year, as a part of General Knowledge Paper, multiple number of questions are asked regarding Awards and Honours that results in making this topic very important for NDA GK Questions.
Awards and Honours List | NDA GK Questions
- English writer Neelum Saran Gour, author of Requiem in Raga Janki bagged The Hindu Prize 2018 for Fiction.
- Indian football team Captain Sunil Chhetri & Kamala Devi were named as the 2017 AIFF Player of the Year.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi was awarded the first ever Philip Kotler Presidential Award. Philip Kotler Presidential Award aims to spread examples of individuals and companies who create an innovative culture for the economic, social and technological advancements of an industry or a country.
- IIFA Awards 2018: Best Director – Saket Chaudhary.
- Renowned writer Namita Gokhale was awarded Sushila Devi Literature Award for her work “Things to Leave Behind”. She was honored in the ‘Best Book of Fiction Written by a Woman Author’ category at the inaugural edition of Bhopal Literature and Art Festival.
- Javed Akhtar bestowed with Shalaka Samman, highest honor of Hindi Sahitya Academy.
- Andhra Pradesh was conferred with CBIP’s “Best Implementation of Water Resources Project” for better planning, implementation, monitoring and speedy execution of Polavaram multipurpose project on the Godavari River.
- Raghupati Singhania received Mexican Order of the Aztec Eagle award.
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MDSE) | NDA GK Questions
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) presented the National Entrepreneurship Awards 2018 by honoring 30 outstanding young entrepreneurs and three entrepreneurship ecosystem builders for their exceptional contribution in entrepreneurship development at a ceremony held in New Delhi. Those honored included –
- Roshan Kahtoon, 23, from Bihar, who despite her physical disability, has beaten all odds and has set up a small bangle manufacturing unit.
- Shruthi Reddy Sethi, 33, of Kolkata, who began Anthyesti Funeral Services to provide end-to-end funeral management service.
- Tana Sumpaaged, 35, of the Nyishi tribe, Arunachal Pradesh, who is successfully running piggery farms and sheries and helping local people, women, housewives and unemployed youth with quality training and livelihood support.
- Mahipal Chary Kadivendi, 38, of Telangana, who has developed a self-propelled weeder-cum-cultivator that can be used for a number of agricultural processes such as hoeing, weeding, tilling, sowing and also for applying fertilizer or insecticides.
Other Important Awards | NDA GK Questions
- Arunachal Pradesh’s Singchung Bugun Community Reserve (SBVCR) won the India Biodiversity Award 2018 in the Conservation of Wildlife Species.
- Kathak exponent Anindita Neogy Anaam has been honored with the prestigious National Nritya Shiromani award for her contribution towards preserving and promoting the dance form across the world. The award was conferred during the 10th Cuttack Mahotsav: International Dance and Music festival.
- Ramendra Kumar honored at the 36th International Board on Books for Young People Congress.
- The Madhya Pradesh Government has conferred the annual Tansen Samman upon eminent Sitar Player Manju Mehta for her contribution in the eld of Hindustani Classical Music. The award was presented by Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar on inaugural function of Tansen Music Festival in Gwalior.
- Smriti Mandhana was named the international cricketer of the year 2017-18 seasons.
- The United States government awarded the Legion of Merit (Degree of Commander) to General Dalbir Singh Suhag.
- Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi was honored with Santokba Humanitarian Award 2018.
- Veteran Bollywood actor Dharmendra was conferred with the prestigious Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement award 2018.
- Late Vinod Khanna received the Dadasaheb Phalke award, India’s highest film honor.
- Former Indian cricket Captain Rahul Dravid and Australian Ricky Ponting, have been instructed into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame 2018.
- Renowned Carnatic vocalist Aruna Sairam has been conferred with Sangita Kalanidhi award 2018.
- Mohammed Ra Award instituted by the NGO Spandan Arts was bestowed upon late music composer Laxmikant Shantaram Kudalkar and playback singer Usha Timothy. The Mohammed Ra Lifetime Achievement Award consisting of Rs 1 lakh and a trophy was conferred to Laxmikant Shantaram Kudalkar. The Mohammed Ra consisting of Rs. 51,000 and a trophy was conferred to Usha Timothy.
We hope that this article should’ve provided you with great details about Awards and Honors List.
For any other enquiries, visit
- our official website
- at Shapath Building, 105/244, Tagore Town, Allahabad – 211002
For detailed information of Notifications, Syllabus or Tips and Tricks, Admit Card Dates, Result, Cut off, Trend Analysis, Information about Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination and Current Affairs, visit out Youtube account.
Feel free to share your thoughts about this article on the comment section below.FOLLOW