What is the work of a Navy Engineer With Salary and promotions?
Friends, there are many applications for the post of Officer in the Indian Navy. To fill this application form, candidates have to be eligible on the basis of educational qualification. On today’s date, we will give you information about the work profile and salary of the engineer working in the Indian Navy. Along with this, what promotions are given to the Indian Navy from time to time. All this important information is being shared with you. Whatever the functions of a general engineer, the Indian Navy engineers also do all those types of tasks. But the engineers of both departments are given different tasks according to their positions. Engineers are recruited for positions in the Indian Navy such as general service, submarine engineer, and naval architecture.
Engineering posts in Indian Navy
Table of Contents
Candidates are appointed in several departments to serve as engineers in the Indian Navy. Candidates are selected in the following departments according to educational qualification to work in the post of an engineer in the Indian Navy.
- General Service
- Naval Architect Engineering
The engineer selected in the above positions has to perform different types of tasks. Information about the works of selected engineers in all the posts is given below.
Engineer work as General Service
In order to work as a General Service Engineer in the Indian Navy, a candidate must have passed B.Tech degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks. An engineer working in a general service department has to do the following:
- To operate ships, submarines present in the Indian Navy using state-of-the-art technology.
- Operating and maintaining marine engineering equipment above seaplane, submarine, and airplane as an officer.
- Working in repair recalls and maintenance units to provide maintenance of the third and fourth line.
- Contribute to the construction of indigenous ships.
- Repairing marine platforms built at sea.
Engineer work as Naval Architect Engineering
In order to work as a General Service Engineer in the Indian Navy, a candidate must have passed B.Tech degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks. An engineer working in a Naval Architect Engineering department has to do the following:
- As a Naval Architecture Officer, you have to join as a broad spectrum.
- Designing Indian warships and submarines.
- Carrying out and inspecting construction in various shipyards.
- Testing platforms built at sea.
- Appointment of ships onboard and providing refinement and operational support to ships.
- Use of technical methods used in present and future in submarines and warships.
An engineer joining the Indian Navy is appointed to the rank of Sub Lieutenant. After the appointment, the Indian navy paid 56100 to ₹ 177500 per month as the tenth level. With the promotion of time, this salary increases and many kinds of benefits are also given. Below you are given a piece of brief information about the promotions and their salaries of the candidates to be appointed as engineers in the Indian Army.
|PAY BAND (in Rs.)
|Vice Admiral and Equivalent
|VCNS / C-IN-C/ Equivalent
|CNS / Equivalent
All the benefits and allowances recognized in the army are given in addition to the salary to the candidates working in the post of engineer in the Indian Navy.
Navy Engineer’s promotions
Candidates serving as engineers in the Indian Navy promote from time to time after passing the departmental examination. After passing the written examination conducted by the Indian Navy and the candidates who have received successful training, candidates are first appointed to the post of Sub Lieutenant. After which the candidates promoted every year as a result of their work. Below you are given information about working as an engineer in the Navy and promotions given to candidates.
Sub Lieutenants——> Lieutenants——> Lieutenants Commander——> Commander——> Captain ——> Commodore——> Rear Admiral——> Vice Admiral——> Vice Admiral and Equivalent——> DGAFMS——> VCNS / C-IN-C/ Equivalent——> CNS / Equivalent
- Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS)
- Vice Chief of the Naval Staff (VCNS)
- Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS)
Friends, if you too are looking forward to your future as an engineer in the Indian Navy. Then you can fulfil this dream by joining the examinations conducted by the Indian Navy. If you are looking for a good coaching institute for preparing for all other types of examinations conducted by the Indian Navy. So join Major Kalshi Classes today and give your future a better look. Major Kalshi Classes prepares candidates for the Indian Navy and all Indian Armed Forces examinations.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs).
- How to become an engineer in the Indian Navy?
Answer:- To become an engineer in the Indian Navy, it is mandatory to have an engineering degree as per the educational qualification of the candidates. Must have minimum 60% marks in engineering degree.
- What work does an Indian Navy engineer have to do?
Answer:- Indian Navy Engineers are required to work as per their appointment in the Department. Read the article in full for more information.
- Is an engineer in the Navy given the rank of the officer?
Answer:- Engineers in the Indian Navy are appointed on the rank of an officer only. After training, they appointed to the rank of Sub Lieutenant.
- What is the salary of an engineer in the Indian Navy?
Answer:- After completing the training, a candidate working as a lieutenant paid from 56100 to ₹ 177500 per month.
- Where to prepare for the Naval examination?
Answer:- Major Kalshi classes located in Allahabad is the best coaching institute for preparing for all types of examinations related to the Navy.