In order to become an officer in the territorial Army. The candidate will have to clear the several phases of tests and interviews to get selected in the service. Here in this article, I will share with you the complete details of the Territorial Army Exam Syllabus. Exam Pattern of Territorial Army and Selection Process of territorial Army, etc. I will all these things in detail. to get complete information, check out the article below:
Territorial Army Syllabus, Exam Pattern and Selection Process
Table of Contents
The Territorial Army’s pattern of selection and Exam syllabus is much different than the other defence entries. The selection process and exam pattern would be very similar in the process. Let’s see the selection process of the territorial Army and its Exam pattern and after, I will share with you the syllabus of it:
Territorial Army Selection Process:
The Candidate will appear for the Written Test and the qualified candidate in the Written exam will proceed for the Interview. This Interview is called as SSB Interview. To be an officer in the Indian Armed forces clearing SSB Interview is mandatory. This Interview is five days long and each day of this interview would be different you will appear for different types of tests and activities etc. The qualified candidates in this will proceed with the medical Tests. The Selection process of this would be like:
- Written Exam
- SSB Interview
- Medical test
This is the selection process of the candidates in the territorial Army for an Officer. Clearing each phase of the selection is mandatory.
Exam Pattern of Territorial Army:
The Written Exam Pattern of the territorial Army is like this:
|Paper-I||Maths and Reasoning||50+50=100||200||2 Hours|
|Paper-II||English and General knowledge||50+50=100||200||2 Hours|
The candidate will be given a total of 4 hours for Paper 1 and Paper 2. it is mandatory for all the candidates to clear both papers to be considered for the SSB Interview.
- The Candidate will be given 2 marks for each right answer.
- One mark will be deducted for each wrong response.
- No mark will be deducted for unattempted questions.
The candidate will have to score at least 40% on each paper of the Exam. The overall average percentage should be at least 50% to clear for the next phase.
Territorial Army Exam Syllabus
The paper would be conducted into two parts. Here we will discuss those papers individually as Paper 1 and Paper 2:
Paper 1: Maths and Reasoning:
- Number System: natural numbers, integers, rational and real numbers. Fundamental operations – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, square roots, decimal fractions.
- Unitary Method: Time and distance, time and work, percentages, application to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
- Elementary Number Theory: Division algorithm, prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 & 11. Multiples and factors, factorization theorem, HCF and LCM. Euclidean algorithm, logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, and use of logarithmic tables.
- Basic operations: simple factors, remainder theorem, HCF, LCM, the theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, and the relation between its roots and coefficients (only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear equations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable and their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions, conditional identities, and laws of indices. (v)
- Trigonometry: Sine x, cosine x, tangent x when O° < x < 90°. Values of sine x, cos x and tan x, for x = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° & 90°. Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of heights and distances.
- Lines and angles: Plane and plane figures theorems on Ø Properties of angles at a point. Ø Parallel lines. Ø Sides and angles of a triangle. Ø Congruency of triangles. Ø Similar triangles. Ø Concurrence of medians and altitudes. Ø Properties of angles, sides, and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle, and square. Ø Circle and its properties, including tangents and normal. ØLoci.
- Mensuration: Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangles, and circles. Areas of figures which can bisect into the figures (field book). Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of a right circular area of cylinders. Surface area and volume of spheres.
- Measures of central tendency: Collection and tabulation of statistical data, graphical representation-frequency polygons, bar charts, pie charts, etc.
The question paper will be designed to test the candidate’s ability to complete sequences as may be expected of a rational thinking person without any special study of the subject.
- Making logical conclusions
- The simple pattern of numbers
- Letters etc
Part 2- General Knowledge and English:
General Knowledge syllabus: General knowledge including knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience in scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject like:
- Latest Current Affairs
- Indian Constitution
- Indian History
- Indian Economy
- Indian Geography
- Indian Politics
- Indian Navy & Military
- Books & Authors
- Awards etc
English Syllabus: The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike the use of words. Questions in English are from:
- Sentence Improvement
- Reading Comprehension
- One Word Substitution
- Spot the Error
- Cloze Test
This is the complete syllabus of the Territorial Army India. A candidate has to prepare well for this to get to score well in the Exam.