Territorial Army Selection Procedure
Territorial Army Selection Procedure – The Indian Territorial Army (TA) provides golden opportunity to the candidates after the graduation till the age of 42 years. TA is a second line of defence after the Regular Indian Army,it is not a profession, occupation or a source of employment. It is only meant for those people who are already in mainstay civilian professions; in fact, gainful employment or self-employment in a civil profession is a prerequisite for joining the Territorial Army. Notification for the Territorial Army is released by Indian Army Recruiting Zone once in a year.
Territorial Army Selection Procedure
Table of Contents
To Join the TA as an officer candidates need to qualify three stages which are following-
- Written examination
- Preliminary Interview Board
- SSB Interview
Let us talk about these examination in detail. Talking about the written examination it is of basic in nature and candidates are expected to have good knowledge all most about all the subjects which is asked in the written examination
Territorial Army Written Examination Pattern
|Paper-I||MATHS & REASONING||50+50=100||200||2 Hours|
|Paper-II||ENGLISH & GK||50+50=100||200||2 Hours|
Territorial Army Marking Pattern
- 2 Marks is given for every right answer
- 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer
Territorial Army Minimum qualifying marks
Minimum 40% marks in each part of the paper separately and overall average of 50%.
Territorial Army Standard of the paper
The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be a Matriculation level. The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as maybe expected of a graduate of an Indian university.
Territorial Army Syllabus for written examination-
Syllabus of Paper-I and Paper-II is given here for the better understanding of the candidates:
Paper – I. Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics.
(a) Part – 1. Reasoning-The question paper will be designed to test the candidates ability to complete sequences making logical conclusion based on simple patter of numbers, statements, figures, letters etc as may be expected of a rational thinking person without any special study of the subject.
(b) Part – 2. Elementary Mathematics-
- Number System – natural numbers, integers, rational and real numbers. Fundamental operations – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, square roots, decimal fraction.
- Unitary Method. Time and distance, time and work, percentages, application to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
- Elementary Number Theory. Division algorithm, prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 & 11. Multiples and factors, factorization theorem, HCF and LCM. Euclidean algorithm, logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
- Basic operations, simple factors, remainder theorem, HCF, LCM, theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear equations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous liner equations or in equations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable and their solutions. Set language and set notation, rational expressions and conditional identities, laws of indices. (v) Trigonometry. Sine x, cosine x, tangent x when O° < x < 90°. Values of sine x, cos x and ten x, for x = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° & 90°. Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of heights and distances.
- Lines and angles, plane and plane figures theorems on Ø Properties of angles at a point. Ø Parallel lines. Ø Sides and angles of a triangle. Ø Congruency of triangles. Ø Similar triangles. Ø Concurrence of medians and altitudes. Ø Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square. Ø Circle and its properties, including tangents and normal. ØLoci.
- Mensutration-Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can bisect into the figures (field book). Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular area of cylinders. Surface area and volume of spheres.
- Collection and tabulation of statistical data, graphical representation-frequency polygons, bar charts, pie charts, etc. Measures of central tendency.
Paper – II. General Knowledge and English.
(a) Part – 1. General Knowledge. General knowledge including knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience in scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on history of India and geography of nature which candidates should be able to answer without special study.
(b) Part – 2. English. The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workman – like use of words. Questions in English are from synonyms, antonyms, reading comprehension, Para jumbles, error spotting, jumbled sentences, sentence correction and fill in the blanks.
Territorial Army PIB Interview
After clearing the written examination candidates are shortlisted for the Preliminary Interview Board for Personal Interviews to be conducted at the concerned command. It a is basic interview where suitability of the candidates for the SSB interview is assessed and the seriousness towards Indian Army and general awareness is judged
Territorial Army SSB Interview
Only those candidates who are recommended by PIB gets the chance to appear in SSB Interview to be conducted by Service Selection Board at Bhopal/Kapurthala/Banglore/Allahabad. SSB Interview is of 5 days divided into two stages namely Screening and Psychology, GTO, Interview, Conference.
Territorial Army Medical Examination
SSB recommended candidates are retained at the same Board for 4-5 days for the medical examination to be conducted by Medical Boards to check the candidates as per the medical standards of the Indian Army.
We hope that this blog should’ve provided you with all the required details about Territorial Army Selection Procedure. If you are a candidate preparing for Defence Forces then avail the Best Books or Study Material on MKC Publications. For some further inquiry feel free to call us on: 9696330033/9696220022 or Visit us on:
- Our Official
- Or at Shapath Building, 105/244, Tagore Town, Allahabad – 211002
For detailed information of Notifications, Syllabus or Tips and Tricks, Admit Card Dates, Result, Cut off, Trend Analysis, Information about Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination and Current Affairs, You can also Visit Our Youtube Channel or follow us on Instagram.
Feel free to share your thoughts about this article on the comment section below.