Indian Coast Guard is a multi-mission organization that conducts real-life operations at sea. It has a team of officers who are responsible for operating ships and aircrafts to safeguard India’s maritime interests. Indian coast guard offers plenty of job opportunities for young aspirants. Candidates can join Indian Coast Guard as an officer or Yantriks (technicians) or Naviks (sailors). Indian coast guard officers can be appointed in three branches, including General Duty Officer / General Duty or Pilot officers, Technical officers and Law officers.
Different Posts To Join Indian Coast Guard As An Officer
General Duty Branch: It is an operational branch in which candidates will be responsible for operating weapons and sensors. In addition, they will perform the command function which demands excellent knowledge of equipment. The primary responsibilities are the safety of ship and passengers, maneuvering of the ship in war and so on.
Pilot: Operating aircrafts at sea is not an easy task. It requires proper skills and knowledge. As a pilot, the primary responsibility is to serve both in the shore Air Stations along the coasts of India and embark ships.
Technical Branch: Modern ships and aircrafts are designed with advanced technology and machinery. In this field, candidates are required to be responsible for keeping all these equipment serviceable.
Women in Coast Guard: Women can join Indian Coast Guard as an officer in General Duty, General Duty (Pilot / Navigation) and General Duty branches. The selection process is same for both male and female candidates. In general, women officers are posted in non seagoing appointments.
Join Indian Coast Guard As An Officer
- The recruitment process is conducted bi-annually.
- The advertisement for the posts comes in national newspapers in Hindi and English in the month of Jan/Feb and Aug/Sep.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection as per their choice of centers, including Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Delhi, Vizag, Kochi and Port Blair.
- The Preliminary Selection includes Mental Ability Test and Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
- Qualified candidates will be called for Final Selection Board at Delhi/Mumbai/Chennai.
- The candidates are selected as per merit list.
Hope, this blog helps you join Indian Coast Guard as an officer in a convenient manner. Apply for the desired post and build a bright future. All the best!
Candidate preparing for Defence Forces, avail the Best Books or Study Material from MKC Publications. For further inquiry, feel free to call us on +91 9696330033/9696220022 or
Visit us via:
- Our Official website
- Or at Shapath Building, 105/244, Tagore Town, Allahabad – 211002
To get detailed information on Notifications, Syllabus, Tips and Tricks, Admit Card Dates, Result, Cut off, Trend Analysis, Information about Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination and Current Affairs, simply Visit Our YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Instagram.
Feel free to share your thoughts about this blog in the comment section given below.