Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) Work profile of Various Post like Constable, ASI Steno, SI Etc.
The Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) is one of the central armed police forces of India under the administrative control of the Ministry of Home Affairs. It primarily focuses on guarding India’s borders with Nepal and Bhutan. The SSB has various ranks and positions, including Constable Tradesman, Head Constable, ASI Steno, Paramedical staff, and Sub Inspector (SI). Here’s a brief overview of the work profile for each position:
Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) Work profile Of Various Post:-
- Constable Tradesman: Constable Tradesmen are responsible for performing various trades-related tasks within the SSB. These trades can include carpentry, plumbing, electrician work, masonry, painting, etc. They are involved in the maintenance and repair work of buildings, infrastructure, and equipment.
- Head Constable: Head Constables are generally entrusted with supervisory roles. They oversee the work of Constables and provide guidance and support. They may also perform administrative duties, maintain records, and assist in the coordination of operations.
- ASI Steno: Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) Stenographers are responsible for providing stenographic and secretarial support to their superiors. They are skilled in shorthand writing, typing, and documentation. ASI Stenos assist in maintaining records, drafting reports, and handling correspondence.
- Paramedical Staff: The SSB has a dedicated paramedical staff that includes medical officers, nurses, pharmacists, dental technicians, radiographers, etc. These professionals provide healthcare services to SSB personnel and their families. They are responsible for conducting medical examinations, providing first aid, administering medicines, and maintaining medical records.
- Sub Inspector (SI): Sub Inspectors are responsible for supervising and managing a team of personnel within the SSB. They play a crucial role in maintaining discipline, enforcing regulations, conducting investigations, and ensuring the overall security and well-being of the personnel under their command. SIs may be involved in intelligence gathering, operational planning, and coordination with other law enforcement agencies.
It’s important to note that specific duties and responsibilities may vary based on the operational requirements, rank, and deployment location within the SSB. The work profiles mentioned above provide a general understanding of the roles performed by each position, but the actual tasks can vary in practice.
Salary Structure of SSB Various Post:-
The salary structure for different ranks and positions within the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) can vary. It is important to note that salary scales and allowances are subject to revisions and updates from time to time. As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, here is a general overview of the salary ranges for SSB personnel:
- Constable Tradesman: The basic pay scale for a Constable Tradesman in SSB ranges from approximately Rs. 21,700 to Rs. 69,100 per month. In addition to the basic pay, they may receive various allowances such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, etc.
- Head Constable: The basic pay scale for a Head Constable in SSB ranges from approximately Rs. 25,500 to Rs. 81,100 per month. Additional allowances such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, etc., are also provided.
- ASI Steno: The basic pay scale for an Assistant Sub-Inspector (Stenographer) in SSB ranges from approximately Rs. 29,200 to Rs. 92,300 per month. Allowances such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, etc., are provided.
- Paramedical Staff: The salary for paramedical staff in SSB varies depending on the specific position, qualifications, and experience. As medical officers, nurses, pharmacists, dental technicians, radiographers, etc., they may receive salaries according to their respective scales and allowances as per government norms.
- Sub Inspector (SI): The basic pay scale for a Sub Inspector in SSB ranges from approximately Rs. 35,400 to Rs. 1,12,400 per month. Additional allowances such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, etc., are also provided.
How to join Sashastra Seema Bal:-
To join the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), you need to go through the recruitment process set by the organization. Here are the general steps to join SSB:
- Eligibility Criteria: Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria specified by the SSB for the desired position. Eligibility criteria include age limits, educational qualifications, and physical fitness requirements. These criteria can vary depending on the position you are applying for.
- Notification: Keep an eye on official notifications released by the SSB. Notifications regarding recruitment are usually published in leading newspapers and on the official website of the SSB or the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Application: When the recruitment notification is published, carefully read the instructions and fill out the application form as per the prescribed format. Ensure that you provide accurate and complete information.
- Written Examination: The recruitment process often includes a written examination. Prepare for the exam by studying the relevant subjects, such as general knowledge, mathematics, reasoning, and English. It is advisable to refer to the official exam syllabus and previous year question papers to understand the pattern and level of difficulty.
- Physical Tests: SSB conducts physical tests to assess the physical fitness and endurance of candidates. Physical tests may include activities like running, long jump, high jump, and other physical tasks. Practice physical exercises and maintain a good level of fitness to perform well in these tests.
- Document Verification: Once you pass the written examination and physical tests, your documents will be verified. Ensure that you have all the required documents, such as educational certificates, identity proof, domicile certificate, and caste certificate (if applicable).
- Medical Examination: Candidates who clear the previous stages are called for a medical examination to assess their medical fitness. This examination includes a thorough medical check-up to ensure that candidates are physically and mentally fit for service.
- Final Selection: The final selection is based on the cumulative performance in the written examination, physical tests, document verification, and medical examination. A merit list is prepared, and candidates are selected accordingly.
- Training: Once selected, candidates undergo training at the designated SSB training center. The training period can vary depending on the position and may include physical fitness training, classroom sessions, and practical field exercises.