Roles and Duties of the Colonel in a Regiment.
Roles and Duties of the Colonel:- Today in the Indian Army each infantry regiment has 16 to 20 battalions and the basic combat unit is about 1000 men and commanded by a Colonel. In the Armoured Corps, Artillery, Engineers and Signals it is called a Regiment. Colonel is usually the seniormost serving officer of that regiment or corps. It is an honorary position and largely ceremonial. He will be assisted by the three CROs, Adjutant and other Officers for the effective and efficient functioning of the establishment.
Roles and Duties of Colonel:-
- Commanding Officer (Colonel) is responsible for the maintenance of discipline, efficiency and proper administration in the Records Office.
- Colonel Officer will pay particular attention to the preservation of the health of the troops.
- Colonel will monitor and control all duties performed by under his command.
- It is the duty of Colonel to see that no officer, JCO, OR, noncombatant or civilian employee under his command who is unfit to perform his duties is retained in the service.
- Colonel is responsible for the correct receipt, issue, accounting stock taking of all supplies, stores and equipment.
- Colonel is responsible for the proper application of all public and regimental funds. He will monitor and control the committees formed for their management.
These are the basic Roles and Duties of the Colonel in a Regiment during peace time. But in war time Duties of the Colonel increased, he has to command all the officers and make to plan to destroy the target.
Indian Armed Forces Officers Ranks And Salary:-
|Air Marshall (AOC-in-C / VCAS)||Lieutenant General (Army Commodore / VCOAS)||Vice Admiral / FOC-in-C / VCNS)|
|Air Marshall||Lieutenant General||Vice Admiral|
|AVM||Major General||Rear Admiral|
|Wing Commander (S)||Lieutenant Colonel (S)||Commander (S)|
|Wing Commander (TS)||Lieutenant Colonel (TS)||Commander (TS)|
|Squadron Leader||Major||Lieutenant Commander|
|Flying Officer||Lieutenant||Sub Lieutenant|
You can Avail our Service:-
For purchasing any books for defence examination- Click Here
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
For Online Course at MKC Learning App- Click Here
Visit our YouTube Channel For Free Education:- Click Here
This is all about the Roles and Duties of the Colonel in a Regiment. If you guys want to serve the nation and want to clear the Defence examination, join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you.FOLLOW