Paramilitary Forces is apparently a semi-militarized force whose institutional format, training, strategy, values, and functions are quite similar to those of professional military, but is directly not part of the Indian Armed Forces.
The two forces which fall under Paramilitary Forces are as follows
- The Assam Rifles (AR)
- The Special Frontier Forces (SFF)
Para (Special Forces)
Para (Special Forces), also known as Para SF, is the special operations unit of the Indian Army connected to the Parachute Regiment. There are total 8 Para SF units of the Indian Army, out of which 9th Parachute commando battalion is the oldest.
The roots of the Para (Special Forces) goes back to World War II, with the formation of the 50th Parachute Brigade in October 1941.
Features of the Paramilitary Forces and Para (Special Forces)
Parachute Regiment is the top-notch volunteer force of the Indian Army comprising of Para Military and Para (Special Force) Battalions. This regiment has the honour of being awarded the “Bravest of the Brave “distinction. They have already received plethora of awards like 08 Ashok Chakras, 11 Maha Vir Chakras, 21 Kirti Chakras, 106 Shaurya Chakras, 63 Vir Chakras and 491 Sena Medals and the list goes on.
At the time of operations, these regiments are assigned with the task which require very high standards of physical fitness and mental robustness. The Paratroopers have got ELITE Status because of the tough selection process, rigorous training and continuous deployment and preparation. They wear a maroon beret which distinguishes them from the rest of the Armed Forces.
Selection Process for Recruitment into Paramilitary Forces and Para (Special Forces)
The process to recruit motivated and energetic soldiers into Para regiment is as follows:
- Candidates obtaining 100% marks in Physical Fitness test and 50% marks in written examination are considered in merit list. The successful candidates will be asked to exercise an option of joining the elite Para Regiment by ARO’s. Then, these volunteered candidates will further have to appear for additional test for selection in Para Regiment.
- Those candidates who have exercised upon their option of joining Para regiment will have the assurance of joining the already allotted regiment if they fail to qualify the special screening test.
- Candidates will be subjected to the special test as given below
|5 KM Run
|40 reps in 1Minute
|80 reps in 2 Minutes
|17 times in 1 Minute
The successful candidates will be dispatched to PRTC. In case, the qualified candidates are not meeting the requisite training standards at PRTC, they will be moved to the parent Regt for further training.
- The above-mentioned tests will be held by the Bd of Offers of the PRTC at the ARO location/station.
Candidate preparing for Defence Forces, avail the Best Books or Study Material from MKC Publications. For further inquiry, feel free to call us on +91 9696330033/9696220022 or
Visit us via:
- Our Official website
- Or at Shapath Building, 105/244, Tagore Town, Allahabad – 211002
To get detailed information on Notifications, Syllabus, Tips, and Tricks, Admit Card Dates, Result, Cut off, Trend Analysis, Information about Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination and Current Affairs, simply Visit Our YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Instagram.
Feel free to share your thoughts about this blog in the comment section given below.