NDA Eyesight Standard 2021. NDA Vision Standard full detail
Aspirants who are preparing for the NDA examination 2021, should be aware of NDA Eyesight Standard 2021. As you know Armed forces select only candidates who possess good health condition. NDA Vision Standard paly a vital role in selection. Here let’s see what is the NDA Eyesight Standard 2021. NDA Vision Standard in full detail.
The primary responsibility of the Armed Forces in defending the territorial integrity of the nation. For this purpose, the Armed Forces should always be prepared for war. Armed Forces personnel undergo rigorous training in preparation for war.
Armed Forces also, assist civil authorities if required whenever the need arises like in the case of disasters. To carry out such tasks Armed Forces requires candidates with robust mental and physical health. Such candidates should also be capable of withstanding rigorous stress and strain of service conditions to perform their military duties in
adverse terrain and uncongenial climate incl sea and air, in remote areas, in austere conditions with no medical facilities.
NDA Eyesight Standard 2021:-
|Parameter||Standards : 10+2|
|6/36 & 6/36|
|BCVA||Rt 6/6 & Lt 6/6|
|Myopia||< -2.5 D Sph ( including max astigmatism ≤ +/- 2.0 D Cyl)|
|Hypermetropia||<+2.5 D Sph, ( including max astigmatism ≤ +/- 2.0 D Cyl)|
For the flying branch of the defense either its Indian Air force, Indian Navy or Indian Army you cannot wear glasses.
- Pilots must have better color vision, near visual acuity of 20/30 without correction, distance visual acuity of no worse than 20/70 in each eye.
- Correctable to 20/20 and meet other refraction, accommodation, and astigmatism requirements.
If you have week eyesight. you cannot join the following branches in the Indian Armed Forces:
- If you have weak eyesight you cannot become a front-line soldier.
- You can join other branches of the Army like the education department, finance, logistic, etc.
- But your eyesight must be correct after wearing glasses.
Indian Air Force
- Same procedure for the Air force also. You cannot become a fighter pilot or fighter helicopter pilot in the IAF, you can join the flying branch as a cargo pilot, glasses are allowed in this.
- Or you can join other branches of the IAF like the education department, canteen department, finance or logistic, etc.
- Indian navy follows very strict rules for eyesight and internal fitness of candidates while recruiting. With weak eyes, you cannot join the flying branch of the Indian navy.
- You can join the Navy educational department, navy architecture, naval ship design, finance or logistic, etc.
There is an option for some other branches, which you can join but your eyesight should be correct after wearing glasses. The Indian Armed forces are very strict in Physical and medical conditions. If anything goes wrong with your body while selection or after the selection, you will be rejected permanently.
LASIK or Equivalent kerato-refractive procedure
Any candidate who has undergone any kerato-refractive procedure will have certificate/operative notes from the medical centre where he/she has undergone the procedure, specifying the date and type of surgery.
Note: The absence of such a certificate will necessitate the Ophthalmologist to make a decision to reject the candidate with a specific endorsement of “Unfit due to undocumented Visual Acuity the corrective procedure”.
In order to be made FIT, the following criteria will have to be met:-
- Age more than 20 yrs at the time of surgery.
- Minimum 12 months post LASIK.
- Central corneal thickness equal to or more than 450 µ.
- The axial length by IOL Master equal to or less than 26 mm.
- Residual refraction of less than or equal to +/- 1.0 D incl cylinder, (provided acceptable in the category applied for).
- A normal healthy retina.
- Corneal topography and ectasia markers can also be included as addl criteria.