The Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UPPRPB) conducts the recruitment process for the post of Constable in the Uttar Pradesh Police Department. Along with the written examination, candidates are required to undergo a Physical Standard Test (PST) and a Medical Test to ensure they meet the necessary physical and medical standards for the role. In this article, we provide a detailed overview of the UP Police Constable Physical Standard and Medical Test for the year 2023.
UP Police Constable Physical Standard
Physical Standard Test (PST): The Physical Standard Test is the first stage of the selection process for UP Police Constable recruitment. The PST is conducted to evaluate candidates’ physical measurements such as height, chest, and weight. Here are the physical standards candidates are required to meet:
- For Male Candidates: The minimum height requirement for male candidates belonging to the general and OBC categories is 168 cm. For male candidates from SC/ST categories, the minimum height requirement is 160 cm.
- For Female Candidates: The minimum height requirement for female candidates belonging to the general and OBC categories is 152 cm. For female candidates from SC/ST categories, the minimum height requirement is 147 cm.
- Chest (for Male Candidates only):
- The minimum chest measurement for male candidates is 79 cm (without expansion) and 84 cm (with expansion). The minimum expansion of the chest should be 5 cm.
- The weight of the candidates should be proportionate to their height and age as per medical standards.
|Category||Height (in cm)||Chest (in cm)||Weight (in kg)|
|Male (General/OBC)||168||79 (without expansion)/84 (with expansion)||Proportionate to height and age|
|Male (SC/ST)||160||79 (without expansion)/84 (with expansion)||Proportionate to height and age|
|Female (General/OBC)||152||–||Proportionate to height and age|
|Female (SC/ST)||147||–||Proportionate to height and age|
Note: Relaxation in height and chest measurements may be applicable for certain categories as per the official guidelines.
UP Police Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
Candidates who qualify the PST are eligible to appear for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET). The PET consists of physical tasks that evaluate the endurance, speed, and strength of candidates. The tasks may include running, long jump, and high jump. The criteria for the PET are as follows:
- For Male Candidates: The distance to be covered is 4.8 km, which should be completed within 25 minutes.
- For Female Candidates: The distance to be covered is 2.4 km, which should be completed within 14 minutes.
- Long Jump:
- For Male Candidates: The minimum required distance for the long jump is 11 feet.
- For Female Candidates: The minimum required distance for the long jump is 9 feet.
- High Jump:
- For Male Candidates: The minimum required height for the high jump is 3.5 feet.
- For Female Candidates: The minimum required height for the high jump is 3 feet.
UP Police Constable Medical Test:
Candidates who qualify the PST and PET are then subjected to a Medical Test to assess their overall physical fitness and health. The medical examination is conducted to ensure that candidates are medically fit to perform the duties and responsibilities of a UP Police Constable. The medical test includes the following assessments:
- Physical Examination:
- General physical examination to evaluate overall health, including heart rate, blood pressure, and overall fitness.
- Examination of the musculoskeletal system to check for any physical deformities or abnormalities.
- Vision Test:
- Candidates’ visual acuity is assessed to ensure they have adequate vision without color blindness or other vision-related impairments.
- Hearing Test:
- Candidates undergo an auditory examination to assess their hearing ability and ensure there are no hearing impairments.
- Other Tests:
- Additional tests may include laboratory tests such as blood tests, urine analysis, and X-rays to detect any underlying medical conditions or abnormalities.
It is important for candidates to note that meeting the physical and medical standards is essential for selection as a UP Police Constable. Candidates who do not meet the prescribed standards may be deemed unfit for the role.
The Physical Standard Test (PST) and Medical Test are integral parts of the selection process for UP Police Constable recruitment in 2023. Candidates should strive to meet the prescribed physical standards, maintain good physical fitness, and ensure they are in sound medical health. Regular exercise, training, and medical check-ups are recommended to enhance the chances of qualifying these tests.