National Youth Day Special
National Youth Day (YuvaDiwas) is celebrated every year ON 12TH January with great enthusiasm and happiness. It is celebrated to commemorate the birthday of Swami Vivekananda, the great visionary and source of motivation for millions of youth.
Swami Vivekananda was born on 12thJanuary 2018 and lived merely for 39 years but in this short age he attained highest place in county and became moral for every citizen. He was a great philosopher and thinker and always followed the path of non-violence. It was his Master Shri Ram Krishna ParamHans who taught him deliver lecture
He was a farsighted and spiritual person who wanted youth to develop their inner soul by the means of spirituality and self-introspection in order to attain success in life and eventually becoming good citizen of nation.
Due to these contribution of The Swami Vivekananda, in the year of 1984 Indian Government proclaimed his birthday 12th January to be celebrated as National Youth Day and since 1985 it is celebrated throughout the nation as National Youth Day.
Celebration of NATIONAL YOUTH DAY 2018
Table of Contents
National youth day (YuvaDiwas or Swami Vivekananda Birthday) 2018 will be celebrated all over India on 12th of January, on Friday.
National Youth Day is celebrated by the youths at all the schools &colleges by practicing various activities like organizing the speech on Swami Vivekananda, playing dramas on his life, music, songs, conventions, Debates Yogasanas, presentations, various competitions and quiz, seminar, sports and etc. Lectures and writings related to the ideas of Swami Vivekananda are also performed by the students to inspire the Indian youths.
Apart from all these things various government organizations and state governments organize conventions, meetings all over the India in order to promote the teaching and preaching of Swami Vivekananda and to inspire the inner soul of the youths.
WHY DO WE CELEBRATE NATIONAL YOUTH DAY?
Talking about the Philosophies, teachings and ideas of the Swami Vivekananda so we find that it is of great traditional and cultural importance and considered as important asset of our country.
Youths plays very important role in the development and progress of any Nation.Youths are the most important part of the country who leads the country ahead, that’s why youths are selected to be inspired first by the ideas and ideals of the Swami Vivekananda. So, the National Youth Day is started celebrating every year to encourage and inspire the honorable youths of the India. Schools and colleges are delightfully adorned to enthusiastically celebrate the event.
Swami Vivekananda was a great person who always believed in the youth power to lead and nourish the historical culture of the country and carry some advancement required by the country to be developed.
NATIONAL YOUTH DAY THEMES
Every year Government of India releases theme for National Youth Day. Year wise theme of National Youth Day is given below:
- 2011:“Sabse Pehle Bharat”.
- 2012: “Celebrating Diversity in Unity”.
- 2013: “Awakening the Youth Power”.
- 2014: “Youth for Drugs Free World”.
- 2015:“Youngmanch” and “Youth for Clean, Green and Progressive India” (and slogan was “hum se hainayishuruaat”).
- 2016:“Indian Youth for Development, Skill and Harmony”.
- 2017: “Youth for Digital India”.
- 2018: Yet not declared
Quotes by Swami Vivekananda
As it is well known that Swami Vivekananda was a great preacher and a pious soul. He was a great writer too. Here we are providing some famous quotes by the Swami Vivekananda:
- “Your country requires heroes; be heroes; your duty is to go on working, and then everything will follow of itself”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Religion is the manifestation of the Divinity already in man”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Feel that you are great and you become great”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “A few heart-whole, sincere, and energetic men and women can do more in a year than a mob in a century”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Struggle hard to get money, but don’t get attached to it”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “He who sees Shiva in the poor, in the weak, and in the diseased, really worships Shiva”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Choose the highest ideal and live your life upto that. Look at the “ocean” and not at the wave”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “My hope of the future lies in the youths of character, intelligent, renouncing all for the service of others, and obedient – good to themselves and the country at large”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Each soul is potentially divine”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “My faith is in the younger generation, the modern generation, out of them will come my workers!”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Work, work, work – let this be your motto”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “The earth is enjoyed by heroes—this is the unfailing truth. Be a hero. Always say, “I have no fear””. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Death being so certain, it is better to die for a good cause”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “It is best to work among the youth in whom lies our hope — patiently, steadily, and without noise”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Arise! Awake! and stop not until the goal is reached”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “When an idea exclusively occupies the mind, it is transformed into an actual physical or mental state”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “The child is father of the man.” Would it be right for an old man to say that childhood is a sin or youth a sin?” – Swami Vivekananda
- “Talk to yourself once in a day…Otherwise you may miss meeting an EXCELLENT person in this World”. – Swami Vivekananda