IAF’s Surya Kiran Aerobatic team. Know Interesting facts about it.
Surya Kiran is an aerobatic team of the Indian Air Force for performance on various occasions. Here we are going to discuss Some Interesting facts about IAF Surya Kiran. In early 1996, serious planning began for AVIA-96, the first major air show and aviation trade event ever hosted in India. The organisers’ initial intention was to invite an aerobatic team from overseas, but some senior IAF officers were confident that the world’s fourth-largest air force would be able to field its own team. This formed the genesis of the present team, the Surya Kiran, meaning rays of the sun.
Interesting facts about Surya Kiran Aerobatic team:-
- The Surya Kiran Aerobatic Team (SKAT) was formed in 1996 and are a part of the 52nd Squadron of the IAF.
- The team was suspended in February 2011 and was re-established with Hawk Mk-132 aircraft in 2017.
- The Surya Kiran Formation Aerobatic Team (SKAT) flew its first 6 aircraft formation, on 27 May 1996.
- Surya Kiran operated 16 HJT-16 Kiran Mk.2 trainer aircraft.
- Pilots are selected twice a year for a three-year tour of duty.
- All pilots in the team are Qualified flying instructors (QFI’s) with about 2,000 hours of fighter flying experience and 1,000 hours on the Kiran aircraft.
- The Team is headed by a Commanding Officer who is also the leader of the formation during display sorties.
- They perform about ten to twenty minutes depending upon the location of the display site.
- The nine aircraft take off in groups of three and join up in close formation, maneuvering between speeds of 150 to 650 km/h with their wing tips less than 5 metres apart.
- A Surya Kiran aircraft crashed while practicing on 18 March 2006 near Air Force Station, Bidar during a training sortie, two pilot was injured.
I hope this will motivate you to join Indian Airforce and be a part of the glory of the sky. Here we announced that we have opened our off-campus for the preparation of all defence examinations. So if you are interested and wanted to join the armed forces then join Major Kalshi Classes.
You can Avail our Service:-
For purchasing any books for defence examination- Click Here
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
For Online Course at MKC Learning App- Click Here
Visit our YouTube Channel For Free Education:- Click Here
This is all about the IAF’s Surya Kiran Aerobatic team. Know Interesting facts about it. If you guys want to serve the nation and wanted to clear the Defence examination, can join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you.