WAYS FOR GIRLS TO BECOME AN OFFICER IN INDIAN ARMED FORCES
JAI HIND, my lady officers. Women have been an integral part of our society. Be it household, society, work field or the Armed Forces, they have proved their worth. Women in the INDIAN ARMED FORCES was at some point of history the most talked about topic. The now scenario of women in context of the Indian Armed Forces is appreciable.
They have proved the fact that there isn’t a task in this entire world they can’t accomplish. From working in the kitchen and carrying a rolling pin to working on the battlefield and carrying a gun, women evolved.
To be a part of the Armed Forces, you must be aware of the ways to join the INDIAN ARMED FORCES. In this blog I shall be talking of the different entries for women in the Armed Forces.
You can join the Indian Army, the Indian Navy or the Indian Air Force. Just go through the complete blog and you will get to know about all the entries you are eligible for the entry in Indian Armed Forces
Table of Contents
If you fall in the age group of 19 to 25 years you can apply for this entry. You have to clear the exam conducted by UPSC which is held twice a year. On qualifying the written examination, you will be called for your SSB interview. To apply for this entry, a Graduate/Post Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University is required.
NCC Special entry
This entry is only for NCC women cadets who have a minimum of 2 years of service in the National Cadet Corps as senior division Army and should have minimum B grade in the ‘C’ certificate examination.
If you fall in the age group of 19 to 25 years you can apply for this entry. Final year student /graduate with 50% aggregate are eligible for this entry.
Women engineering students of age 20 to 27 years eligible for this entry. They can apply for it while in final year or after completing their degree. A graduate in any discipline of engineering is eligible to apply for it.
This entry is especially for the law graduates. The age required for this entry is 21 to 27 years. To be eligible for this entry, you must be have a graduate degree of LLB/LLM with minimum 55% aggregate and you should also be registered with Bar Council of India or state.
Indian Air Force
If you want to fly high in the sky or dream to be an Air Warrior of Indian Air Force, then you have to clear AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test). It is held twice a year. It is a written examination and if you are to qualify this, you are called for your SSB interview.
By applying for AFCAT you can opt for the following mentioned branches in Indian Air Force:
- Flying branch: Women candidates of age 19 to 23 years can opt for flying branch. You have the opportunity to fly transport aircrafts or helicopters and now also eligible for fighter aircrafts. To apply for this entry, you should be having a Graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University with aggregate of 60% marks and must have passed Math and Physics at 10+2 level OR B.E/ B.Tech degree from a recognized University with aggregate of minimum 60% marks.
- Technical Branch: Female engineering candidates of age 18 to 28 years can opt for technical branch. There are two types of technical service whose educational qualifications are as follows:
- Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical): Minimum four-year degree course from a recognized University with aggregate of minimum 60% marks and qualification in at least eight subjects out of eighteen.
- Aeronautical Engineer (Electrical): Minimum four year degree course from a recognized University with aggregate of minimum 60% marks and qualification in at least eight subjects.
- Ground Duty Branches: If you want to opt for the ground duty branches, the age requirements are different. For graduates: 20 to 23 years, Post Graduates: 20 to 25 years, LLB: 20 to 26 years, M.Ed/ PhD/ CA: 20 to 27 years. There are three types of services in Ground Duty Branches whose educational qualification conditions are given below:
- Administration and Logistics: Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University with aggregate of 60% marks OR a Post Graduate degree/ diploma in any discipline from a recognized University with aggregate of minimum 60% marks.
- Education: Post Graduate degree in any discipline with aggregate of minimum 50% marks
- Accounts: Graduate degree in commerce with aggregate of minimum 60% marks OR a Post Graduate degree/ diploma in Commerce (M Com) / CA / ICWA with aggregate of minimum 50% marks.
- Meteorology Branch: In this entry, you are to be short-listed and called for SSB interviews at Air Force Selection Board. Age group in this entry is 20 to 25 years and 27 years for PhD candidates. To be eligible for this entry you must be having a Post graduate degree in any science stream / Maths / Statistics / Geography / CS / EVS / Physics / Geo-physics etc. with minimum 50% aggregate and have scored 55% marks both in Maths and Physics at graduation level.If you are a final year students can also apply for it.
- SSC- Air Traffic Controller: If you are of the age group of 19 ½ to 25 years then you are eligible for this entry. You can apply for this entry if you have completed your graduation in any science stream i.e. Physics/Maths/Electronics OR M.Sc with Maths / Physics /Electronics.
- SSC- Observer: Women candidates of age 19 to 23 years can apply for this entry. For applying in this entry, you need to have a graduate degree in any discipline with minimum 55% marks with Maths and Physics at 10+2 level.
- SC- Law: This entry is for female Law candidates whose age is between 22 to 27 years. To be eligible for this entry you should carry a graduate degree in LAW with minimum 55% marks.
- SSC- Logistics: Women candidates who hold B.E/B.Tech in Computers, IT, Architecture, Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Marine engineering OR graduate with PG diploma in material management are eligible for this entry. The age group is 19 ½ to 25 years.
- UES SSC (Naval Architecture): Women engineers carrying the B.E/B.Tech degree in naval architecture / Mechanical / Civil / Aeronautical / Metallurgical / Aerospace engineering with 60% marks can apply for it. The age group for this entry is 19 to 25 years.
- SSC Naval Architecture: Women engineers within the age group of 21 to 25 years having B.E/B.Tech degree in Naval architecture / Mechanical / Civil / Aeronautical / Metallurgical / Aerospace engineering with 60% marks can apply for it.
- Education Branch: Women candidates of age 21 to 25 years are eligible for this entry if they have passed B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science, IT, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical OR M.Sc in Physics / Maths / Computer application with atleast 50% marks.
For more blogs and articles related to Indian Armed Forces subscribe to blog.mmajorkalshiclasses.com