Daily Current Affairs For All Defence Exams | 01 November 2021 | MKC
Monthly Revision of October Month
Health Insurance for India’s Missing Middle report is published by which organization?
On 29th October 2021, NITI Aayog released a comprehensive report titled Health Insurance for India’s Missing Middle, which brings out the gaps in the health insurance coverage across the Indian population and offers solutions to address the situation.
- 50%: The Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana—a flagship scheme towards Universal Health Coverage, and State Government extension schemes—provides comprehensive hospitalization cover to the bottom 50% of the population.
- 20%: Around 20% of the population is covered through social health insurance, and private voluntary health insurance primarily designed for high-income groups.
The ‘Missing Middle’
- 30%: The remaining 30% of the population, devoid of health insurance, is termed as the “missing middle”.
- The missing middle contains multiple groups across all expenditure quintiles and is spread across both urban and rural areas.
Which two states are ‘Focus States’ in this year’s India International Trade Fair (IITF) to be held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from 14th of November to 27th November?
Odisha & U.P
Gujrat & M.P
Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand
Kerala & Tamil Nadu
Which two states ranked first and second respectively in the State Energy Efficiency Index 2020, released by the Union Ministry of Power recently?
Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand
Goa & Delhi
None of these
Which of the following commissions recommended to repeal Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) law as it was “a symbol of oppression”?
Justice Jeevan Reddy Commission
Santosh Hegde Commission on Manipur Encounter Deaths
Second Administrative Reforms Commission
None of the Above
Consider the following statements:
Recently, India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) formally launched negotiations for a Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA).
Currently the UAE is India’s second-largest trading partner.
The UAE is the eighth-largest investor in India, having invested USD 11 billion between April 2000 and March 2021.
Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
A 1 and 2
B 2 and 3
C 1 and 3
D All of the above
On 27th October 2021, a Surface to Surface Ballistic Missile (SSBM), Agni-5 was successfully tested from where?
Shri Hari Kota, A.P
APJ Abdul Kalam Island, Odisha
Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu
Krishi UDAN 2.0 was launched on 27th October 2021. What is the main objective of this scheme?
To facilitating and incentivizing movement of Agri-produce by air transportation
To give affordable and safer air transport facility to farmers
Facilitating visitors to see India’s vast heritage
All of these
The Union Government has proposed amendments to which law that will enable it to “maintain the database of registered birth and deaths at the national level”?
Registration of Infants and Deaths Act (RBD), 1969
Registration of Births and Deaths Act (RBD), 1969
Registration of Births and Deaths Act (RBD), 1968
Registration of Births and Deaths Act (RBD), 1967
The World Bank has suspended aid to which country following a recent military coup?
World Polio Day is celebrated every year on which date?
Konkan Shakti 2021 is the first ever tri-services joint exercise between which nations forces?
India and the Russia
India and the UK
India and the Italy
India and the Oman
- Konkan Shakti 2021 is the first ever tri-services joint exercise between India and the UK.
- It is being conducted off the west coast of India from 21-27 October 2021.
- India also conducts joint exercises Indradhanush (Air Force), Ajeya Warrior (Army) with the UK.
Which app has been launched by the Election Commission of India (ECI) for digital mapping of all polling stations, to ensure faster, smarter, transparent and timely completion of election work?
“Writing for My Life”, is an anthology of which author that has been released recently?
ABHYAS – the High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) was successfully flight-tested by which organization?
L & T
- On 22nd October 2021, ABHYAS – the High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) was successfully flight-tested by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) from the Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur off the coast of Bay of Bengal in Odisha.
- The vehicle can be used as an aerial target for evaluation of various missile systems.
- ABHYAS is designed and developed by DRDO’s Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), Bengaluru.
Out of 139 countries, what is the rank of India in the World Justice Project (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2021 that was topped by Denmark; and Venezuela at the bottom?