CDS 2/2023 Eligibility Criteria Age Limit etc. full detail
CDS, or the Combined Defense Services, is a national-level exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in India. The exam is conducted twice a year to select candidates for admission into various courses offered by the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Indian Air Force Academy, and Officers Training Academy. Here is CDS 2/2023 Eligibility Criteria Age Limit etc.
CDS 2/2023 Eligibility Criteria:-
The eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as follows:
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan or Nepal.
- Age limit: The age limit for the different courses offered through CDS is as follows:
- Indian Military Academy: 19 to 24 years
- Indian Naval Academy: 19 to 22 years
- Indian Air Force Academy: 20 to 24 years
- Officers Training Academy (Men): 19 to 25 years
- Officers Training Academy (Women): 19 to 25 years
- Educational Qualification:
- For Indian Military Academy and Officers’ Training Academy: A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institution.
- For Indian Naval Academy: A degree in engineering from a recognized university or institution.
- For Indian Air Force Academy: A degree in engineering from a recognized university or institution or a bachelor’s degree with physics and mathematics at 10+2 level.
- Physical Standards: The candidate must meet the prescribed physical standards as set by the respective services.
- Marital Status: Only unmarried candidates are eligible for Indian Military Academy and Indian Naval Academy courses. Both unmarried and married candidates are eligible for Officers’ Training Academy courses.
CDS 2 2023 Selection Process:
The selection process for CDS exam includes a written exam, SSB interview, medical examination, and document verification. Candidates who clear all the stages of the selection process are offered admission into the respective courses.
CDS Physical Standard 2023:-
The physical standards for CDS exam vary depending on the service and course for which the candidate is applying. Here are the general physical standards that candidates must meet:
- Height: The minimum height requirement for male candidates is 157.5 cm, while for female candidates, it is 152 cm. However, there are variations in the height requirements for different services and courses.
- Weight: The weight of the candidate should be proportionate to their height and age.
- Chest: The chest measurement should be at least 5 cm expanded from the normal measurement for male candidates.
- Eyesight: The minimum acceptable visual acuity for distant vision is 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses for both eyes. Candidates should not have color blindness or night blindness.
- Hearing: Candidates should have normal hearing without any defect.
- Dental: Candidates should have healthy gums, teeth, and a minimum of 14 dental points.
CDS 2023 Eyesight required –
Eyesight requirement for the flying branch of the Indian Air force, Indian navy and Indian army and also the snipers of the Indian Army can be different from the rest of the departments of the force. CDS 2/2023 Eligibility Criteria
- For the flying branch of the defence either its Indian Air force, Indian Navy or Indian Army you cannot wear glasses, for the correction of eyes you can go for eye correction surgery.
- Pilots must have better colour vision, near visual acuity of 20/30 without correction, and distance visual acuity of no worse than 20/70 in each eye.
- Correctable to 20/20 and meet other refraction, accommodation, and astigmatism requirements.
- If you have weak eyesight you cannot become a front-line soldier.
- You can join other branches of the Army like the education department, finance, logistic etc.
- But your eyesight must be correct after wearing glasses.
Indian Air Force
- The same procedure for the Air force also. You cannot become a fighter pilot or fighter helicopter pilot in the IAF, you can join the flying branch as a cargo pilot, and glasses are allowed in this.
- Or you can join other branches of the IAF like the education department, canteen department, finance or logistic, etc.
- Indian navy follows very strict rules for the eyesight and internal fitness of candidates while recruiting. With weak eyes, you cannot join the flying branch of the Indian navy.
- There is an option for some other branches, which you can join but your eyesight should be correct after wearing glasses. You can join the Navy educational department, navy architecture, naval ship design, finance or logistic, etc.
Ineligible criteria in the medical test of CDS
Due to some of the common diseases given below, candidates are considered ineligible to join CDS. Therefore, candidates are advised to get tested for the treatment of all these people before appearing in the CDS medical test.
- Accumulation of wax in the ears.
- Being underweight or overweight in the body.
- The improper shape of the chest is not allowed.
- Crooked nose bone.
- Candidates suffering from hydrocele or phimosis.
Reason for Rejection in CDS 2023 Medical exam
Due to internal and external diseases given below, candidates are not selected for the medical test of CDS.
- Enlargement of the liver
- If the candidate is suffering from badness.
- Candidates suffering from knee pain
- A candidate with a hernia
- Candidates suffering from skin disease
- A candidate with scoliosis
- If there is any kind of disease in the abdomen
- When suffering from heart and blood-related diseases
- When symptoms of any disease are found in the urine.
- When the feet are flat