What is work profile of CDS, Job Profile of First Chief of Defense Staff
The Chief of Defense staff aka CDS. Indian Government has recently decided to keep the post for the Chief of Defense Staff, A Chief of Defense Staff is a person who has power and authority to control the Indian Armed forces like Indian Air force, Indian Army and Indian Navy. This is a very strong decision made by the government to get together the forces and can train for the better. Here In this article, I will share with you the Work Profile of CDS, Job Profile of CDS, Chief of Defense staff duty, etc.
What is the work profile of CDS, Job Profile of First Chief of Defense Staff:
As I said in the above paragraph, that this very recently launched post in India. Many countries already have this post. But in Asia India is the first country to do so. The selection of Chief of Defense Staff is made from the Armed forces only. The chiefs of the Indian Air force or Indian Navy or Indian Army etc. any one of them will be selected as the chief of defense staff of the Nation’s Armed forces. lee’s see the job profile and duties of the Chief of Defense Staff.
Chief of Defense staff Duty:
The Job and responsibility of the Chief of Defence Staff are very extream and they have to look for the development of the Indian Armed forces and the CDS is also 1st defense advisor of the government. In any kind of war situation or any situation regarding the nation’s Security, the Chief of Defence Staff will be the 1st advisor of the Government if needed.
This is the Completely new post in India, so the department of Military affairs has been made for the Chief of Defence Staff and the CDS will be the Head of the department and leading towards the development and strength of the Indian Armed forces. The department of military affairs will work and run under the Ministry of defense.
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
Work Profile of CDS | Job Profile of CDS:
The basic job profile or work profile of the CDS is the armed forces of the Union like the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air force, etc. The Chief of Defence Staff will always work for the development and strength of the nation’s forces. These are the work which would come under the Department of Military Affairs:
- Promoting jointness in Procurement and training.
- Staffing for the Service through the Joint planning and integration of their requirements.
- Facilitation the restructuring of military commands for optimal utilization of resources by bringing about jointness in the operations and including through the Joint and theater command.
- Promoting the use of Indigenous equipment by the Service.
Apart from the head of the Department of Military Affairs, The Chief of Defence Staff will be always in the chief of staff committee as a Permanent Chairman. As chief of defense staff, the CDS will be advising the defense minister any matter regarding the Tri- services. As the Permanent Chairman of the Chief of Defence Staff Committee he will also be performing these things:
- Chief of Defence Staff will administer the tri-service organization. Tri-service organizations and commands related to the cyber and space will be under the command of the CDS (Chief of Defence Staff ).
- Function as the Military advisor to the Nuclear Command Authority.
- CDS will be a member of Defense Acquisition council chaired by the Defense Minister. Planning committee chaired by NSA.
- Bring about jointness in operation, logistics, transport, training, support services, communications, repairs, and maintenance, etc of the three Services, within three years of the first CDS assuming office.
- Ensure optimal utilization of infrastructure and rationalize it through jointness among the services.
- Implement Five-Year Defence Capital Acquisition Plan (DCAP), and Two-Year roll-on Annual Acquisition Plans (AAP), as a follow up of Integrated Capability Development Plan (ICDP).
- Assign inter-Services prioritization to capital acquisition proposals based on the anticipated budget.
These are the work which the Chief of Defence Staff and department of Ministry Affairs will do. The planning for this post-Chief of Defence Staff was going on after the Kargil war and finally, it came into action. The Ex-Army chief Mr. Vipin Rawat has recently retired from the service and has become the first Chief of Defence Staff. Mr. Vipin Rawat will retire from the service in December 2022. You can read further about the Vipin Rawat. I have given link for that given below:
View this post on Instagram
As the Nation celebrated on the last day of the year, two Indian Braves guarding the Line Of Control at Naushera, J&K laid down their lives yesterday, 31 Dec 2019 🇮🇳 Naik Sawant Sandip Raghunath and Rfn Arjun Thapa Magar and the Supreme Sacrifice for the nation. R.I.P. 🇮🇳 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. #indianarmy #india #indian #indiannavy #indianairforce #army #jaihind #bsf #crpf #delhi #ssb #instagram #itbp #love #vijaydiwas #airforce #rajnathsingh #hindustan #bharat #vandematram #indianarmylovers #armylife #nsg #indianarmedforces #follow #cisf #commando #bsf #passingoutparade
You can Avail our Service:-
For purchasing any books for defense examination- Click Here
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
Visit our YouTube Channel For Free Education:- Click Here
This is all about What is work profile of CDS, Job Profile of First Chief of Defense Staff. If you guys want to serve for the nation and wanted to clear the Defence examination, can join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you.