Things keep in mind during SSC GD Physical Test
SSC GD Physical exam is going to conduct from 24 April 2023. Those are going to appear for physical test must read this article. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) General Duty (GD) physical test is a crucial part of the selection process for candidates aspiring to become constables in various paramilitary forces and the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs).
Things keep in mind during SSC GD Physical Test
The physical test is conducted to assess the physical fitness of the candidates and their ability to perform the duties required of them.
Here are some things to keep in mind during the SSC GD physical test.
- Understand the test requirements: Before appearing for the physical test, it is essential to understand the test requirements thoroughly. The SSC GD physical test consists of four stages, including a race, long jump, high jump, and shot put. The race includes running 1.6 km in 6 minutes 30 seconds for male candidates and 800 meters in 4 minutes for female candidates.
- Train regularly: Preparing for the physical test requires regular training and practice. Candidates should start training well in advance and gradually increase their stamina and endurance. They can train by running, doing high jump and long jump, and practicing shot put.
- Dress appropriately: Candidates should wear comfortable and appropriate clothing for the physical test. It is recommended to wear loose-fitting clothes and sports shoes that provide adequate support and comfort.
- Warm-up and cool-down: Before starting the physical test, candidates should warm up their muscles to prevent injuries. It is also essential to cool down after the test to avoid muscle soreness and fatigue.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking enough water and staying hydrated is crucial during the physical test. Candidates should drink plenty of water before, during, and after the test to avoid dehydration.
- Follow instructions: It is essential to follow the instructions given by the test invigilators. Candidates should listen carefully and follow the rules and regulations of the physical test.
- Stay calm and composed: The physical test can be physically and mentally exhausting. It is essential to stay calm and composed and avoid getting nervous or anxious during the test.
Physical Standard of SSC GD:
The physical standard for SSC GD constable is given below:
|Height||170 cm||157 cm|
|Chest||Expanded – 5 cm Unexpanded – 80 cm||Not Required|
|Weight||Proportionate to height as per medical standards||Proportionate to height as per medical standards|
- Height: Should Not be less than 167cm.
- Chest: The minimum required chest of the candidates after the expansion should not be less than 85cm.
- Weight: Candidates should not be less than 50 kg.
SSC GD Physical Efficiency Test:
To qualify this test, candidates have to participate in the race.
|All over India||5 km in 24 minutes||1.6 km in 8 minutes|
|Ladakh Region||1.6 km in 6 minutes||800 km in 4 minutes|
- Candidates eligible for long jump and high jump after qualifying for the race
- Three chances given to qualify in long jump and high jump
- No appeal against disqualification in race and other events
- Appeal against height and chest measurement allowed on the same day of PE and MT before the Appellate Board
- No chest measurement for female candidates
- Pregnant female candidates rejected
- Drug-addicted candidates disqualified from SSC GD physical endurance and measurement test
SSC GD Vacancy Details:
Through the SSC GD Vacancy, A candidate can get selected into the following forces of the Indina Armed forces as General Duty Soldier:
- Border Security Force (BSF),
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF),
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF),
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP),
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB),
- National Investigation Agency (NIA),
- Secretariat Security Force (SSF),
- Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles etc.
How to prepare for the SSC GD Physical Efficiency Test?
- Understand the specific requirements of the physical tests for SSC GD Constables and ensure that you meet the minimum standards.
- Build your endurance through regular aerobic exercise such as running, cycling, or swimming.
- Practice the physical tests regularly to improve your performance, such as running, long jump, and high jump.
- Maintain a balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, protein, and complex carbohydrates.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and other fluids before and during the physical tests.
- Get adequate rest by sleeping for at least 7-8 hours each night and avoiding overtraining.
- Consider seeking guidance from a professional trainer or coach to help you prepare for the physical tests.
- Join Major Kalshi Classes (MKC) for expert training that follows paramilitary norms.
- By following these tips, candidates can improve their physical fitness and increase their chances of success in the SSC GD Physical Efficiency Test. MKC is a renowned institute that provides expert guidance and training to help candidates prepare for the physical tests as per paramilitary norms.
SSC GD physical test is a crucial part of the selection process for candidates aspiring to become constables in various paramilitary forces and the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs). Candidates should prepare well in advance, dress appropriately, warm-up and cool-down, stay hydrated, follow instructions, and stay calm and composed during the test to perform their best. By keeping these things in mind, candidates can increase their chances of success in the SSC GD physical test.