Para SF Commando Training: 90 Days of Grit, Determination, and Excellence
Para SF Commando Training:- The Para Special Forces (Para SF) of the Indian Army are among the most elite and highly trained special operations units in the world. With a reputation for completing daring and challenging missions, these commandos are synonymous with courage, skill, and unwavering dedication to the nation. But before a soldier officially becomes a fully-fledged member of this elite force, they must undergo a rigorous probationary period that lasts for 90 days. In this article, we will delve into what happens during the grueling 90 days probation period of a Para SF commando.
Para SF Commando Training
- Selection and Preparing for Probation: To even be considered for the Para SF, soldiers must have already served in the Indian Army and demonstrated outstanding performance in their respective units. After meeting specific eligibility criteria, the candidates are selected for the probation period. This phase is not for the faint-hearted, as it tests not only physical fitness but also mental toughness and resilience.
- Induction and Initial Training: Once selected, the candidates are inducted into the Para SF training center, where their 90 days of relentless challenges begin. The initial phase of training involves a series of grueling exercises, such as long-distance runs, obstacle courses, combat swimming, and endurance tests. The goal is to assess the candidates’ physical fitness and weed out those who cannot meet the high standards set by the Para SF.
- Combat and Tactical Training: As the probation period progresses, the focus shifts to combat and tactical training. Candidates are taught various special warfare tactics, including close-quarter combat, demolitions, marksmanship, unarmed combat, and navigation through challenging terrains. Emphasis is placed on both individual skills and teamwork, as effective cooperation is crucial for the success of any Para SF mission.
- Psychological Evaluation: Physical fitness is just one aspect of becoming a Para SF commando. Psychological evaluation plays a significant role during the probation period. Candidates are subjected to intense mental stress and challenges to assess their decision-making abilities under pressure. The ability to think clearly and stay composed in high-stress situations is vital for any Para SF commando.
- Survival Training: Survival skills are paramount for special forces operatives, and the probation period includes extensive survival training. Candidates learn how to survive in adverse conditions, such as extreme weather, dense forests, and desolate terrains. They are taught how to procure food, purify water, and construct improvised shelters.
- Endurance and Resilience: The 90 days probation period is designed to push candidates to their limits and beyond. The training is physically and mentally demanding, and many aspiring commandos find themselves facing moments of self-doubt and exhaustion. Endurance and resilience are tested continuously during this period, and those who can persevere and maintain their focus are the ones who stand a chance of successfully completing the training.
- Final Assessment and Selection: As the probation period nears its end, the candidates are put through a final assessment, which includes various tactical exercises and simulated missions. The training staff evaluates each candidate’s performance, and only those who meet the stringent standards of the Para SF are selected to become full-fledged commandos.
- Graduation and Service: Upon successful completion of the 90 days probation period, the candidates graduate as Para SF commandos. They join the ranks of a select few and are assigned to specialized units where they continue to enhance their skills and undertake various classified missions in the service of the nation.
The 90 days probation period of a Para SF commando is an arduous journey that tests candidates both physically and mentally. It is a transformative experience that shapes ordinary soldiers into elite warriors. The Para SF’s training standards are demanding for a reason – to ensure that only the best of the best are entrusted with the responsibility of executing the most critical and dangerous missions in defense of the nation.