Indian Coast Guard Navik (GD) Selection Procedure
Indian Coast Guard conducts recruitment drive every year for youths to recruit them as a Navik in the General Duty branch for which the minimum educational qualification is 10+2 passed with Physics & Maths.
In this blog we will talk about election procedure of Navik General Duty examination which is scheduled to held in February/March 2018.The ‘Online’ Applications will be sorted out Centrewise.. The Selection procedure is as follows:-
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre.
- The qualifying cut off percentage (%) of a particular Centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage is received.
- The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, knowledge of English upto 12th standard, general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative aptitude and reasoning etc.
- Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and the testing procedure will take about 2 days. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig (Shoe, T-shirt, Trouser etc). The PFT will consists of, (i) 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes. (ii) 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak) (iii) 10 Push up. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Candidates who qualify the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will only be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment Centres or any other place as decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
- Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for initial recruitment medical examination (Preliminary) in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard. Mere declaration of fit in initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at INS Chilka.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The Zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of Jul 2018.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorized Military Doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
- Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Proportionate to height and age +-10 percentage acceptable.
- Normal. *Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
- Visual Standard. 6/6 (Better Eye) and 6/9 (Worse Eye). (Candidates using glasses are not eligible)
- Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body. However certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Govt. of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in Note: Candidates with above Medical standards are only to appear for the selection. No waiver will be given for the above standards. The Coast Guard order on medical standard of Naviks will be the final authority in case of dispute. Applicants declared permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Indian Coast Guard are advised not to apply.
Final Enrolment Medical Examination- Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination.” Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates, who are NOT found medically fit in the final medical examination at INS Chilka, will NOT be enrolled for training. “No Appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examination.
Medical examination at INS Chilka- Medically unfit candidates will be returned home at their own expense.
For admission and enquiry visit-www.majorkalshiclasses.com or call-1800-313-2004FOLLOW