What is a Personal Interview in SSB?
The personal Interview in SSB is an aid to judge a person’s capabilities. It is a face-to-face interaction between the interviewee and the interviewer. the Personal Interview in SSB is the second last round of the 5-day SSB Interview. The final round is the conference.
The candidates who clear Stage 1 of the SSB Interview and then compete in the GTO tasks are called for the Personal Interview. The dress code for the SSB Personal Interview is formal attire. Both boys and girls can wear light-cloured shirts and black trousers to look their best.
5-Day SSB Interview
Although, the 5-day SSB interview comprises different stages. Stage 1 of the SSB Interview includes the Screening Process. It is a one-day process. In this, there is OIR (Officers Intelligence Rating) and PP&DT (Picture Perception and Description Test). Then comes Stage 2. Stage 2 is completed in the rest of 4 days.
On Day 2, there are other tests that include TAT (Thematic Apperception Test), WAT (Word Association Test), SRT (Situation Reaction Test), and SDT (Self Description Test).
On Day -3 and Day 4, GTO Tasks are conducted with Group Discussions (GD), Group Planning Exercise (GPE), Group Obstacle Race / Snake Race, Progressive Group Task (PGT), Half Group Task (HGT), Lecturette, Individual Obstacles, command task, and Final Group Task (FGT).
After all these tasks are completed comes the day for the Personal Interview and then finally the conference round. Well successfully appearing for the personal interview round in the SSB is not everybody’s cup of tea.
How to Prepare for Personal Interview in SSB?
Personal Interviews in SSB can be conducted on any of the three days after the completion of the day’s task. Then comes the last step towards becoming recommended which is Conference Round.
The interviewing officer asks the student a variety of questions about his family, academics, involvement in sports and extracurricular activities, hobbies and interests, responsibilities, and general knowledge including knowledge of the forces, personal life, etc. based on information provided by the student in his PIQ (Personal Information Questionnaire). Most interviews last 40 minutes, however, can occasionally last an hour or even only five minutes.
Most Frequently Asked Questions in SSB Interview
Here we have provided the most asked questions in the SSB Interview. The dress code for the Personal interview in SSB.
- Name of the place you come from?
- The institution where you had your education?
- Your 10th class marks?
- Favorite subjects in 10th class?
- Favorite teachers in 10th class, why?
- Teachers you didn’t like in 10th, why?
- Your 12th class marks?
- Favorite subjects in 12th class?
- Favorite teachers in 12th class, why?
- Teachers you didn’t like in 12th, why?
- Any competitive exam after 12th, what was the result?
- Your graduation %age/ 12th percentage?
- Why did you choose Btech/BSc/BA etc?
- Participated in any extracurricular activities?
- Any special achievement?
- Members of the family?
- Their occupation?
- Hobbies and Interests?
- Pocket Money Expenses?
- About your best friend?
SSB Interview Tips for NDA Written Exam Qualified Students – Click to read
Rules to Remember for SSB in Personal Interview
Here are some of the rules that you must remember while appearing for the Personal Interview in the SSB.
- Just Be Yourself and do not try to Imitate others
When it comes to the SSB Interview do not try to copy others instead just be yourself. The more you be yourself. The more it will lead to fluency in speaking while making the interviewer believe your answers. The IO is an experienced personality and knows when the candidates are lying. So just speak the truth. After all, it is a test of your overall personality.
- Don’t Teach Others, No matter what happens
When you are there for an interview, do not try to teach others who have also come for the interview. Do not forget that you and others are in the same position irrespective of the attempts you have given.
- Always keep the answers to the point
Your answers in the SSB interview must be to the point. For Example: If the IO has asked you do you drink? Some of you will answer that No, I don’t drink because my father doesn’t like it others might say that Yes I drink because my family also drinks.
But all this is not required. You can simply answer with yes or no and let the interviewer proceed.
Common Questions that you must know the answers to when Going for SSB Personal Interview
Above we have mentioned some of the pointers that one must take note of while appearing for the SSB Interview. But now some of the commonly asked questions in the personal interview of SSB are as follows:
- Introduce Yourself
- How did your day go? Or How was your day? Is everything fine here? How did GTO and Psychological Tests go?
- A rapid-fire round about your school education and other activities.
- Who is your favorite teacher? Or who is the teacher whom you don’t like the most?
- Who is your best friend? And why?
- How did you manage fewer marks? Or why did you stop being into sports?
- What kind of people do you like?
- A rapid-fire round about parents and siblings.
- Questions regarding Current Affairs (might be asked as a rapid-fire round too)
Best SSB Coaching in Allahabad
Major Kalshi Classes provides the Best SSB coaching in Allahabad. The candidates who are preparing for various commissioned officer ranks in the Indian Army, Navy, or Air Force must prepare for the SSB interview from the first day of their preparation. At MKC we prepare the candidates for the complete 5-day SSB Interview.
MKC Offline Classroom Course Unique Features:
- “Trend Analysis” based unique “Teaching Plan”
- Most experienced faculty of MKC,
- Doubt Counter facility
- Spoken English Classes,
- Physical Training Sessions at Malviya Stadium,
- MEDICAL CHECK-UP AT MKH
- Best Study Material by MKC Publication
- Weekly and Monthly Testing System
- Special Current Affairs Sessions
- Sunday Extra Classes
- Best SSB Interview guidance by Retired Officers
- Fully Equipped GTO Ground
- Huge Computer Lab
- Comfortable Hostel & Mess for Nutritious food