Daily current affairs quiz 18 june 2021 for the NDA, SSB, CDS, AFCAT, NAVY, AIR FORCE, CAPF and MNS etc.
Global Peace Index 2021
Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) Sydney announced the 15th edition of the Global Peace Index (GPI. The index ranks 163 states and territories according to their level of peacefulness. This report presents the trends in peace, its economic value, and how to develop peaceful societies.
- Iceland remains the most peaceful country in the world, since 2008.
- Followed by New Zealand, Denmark, Portugal, and Slovenia.
- Afghanistan is the least peaceful country since 4 years followed by Yemen, Syria, South Sudan, and Iraq.
- India has moved up two ranks from previous year & ranked 135th most peaceful nation in the world and the 5th in the region.
- Bhutan and Nepal are named as the first and second most peaceful in south aisa region.
- Bangladesh has been ranked 91th, Bangladesh is the 3rd most peaceful in South Asia.
- Sri Lanka has slipped down 19 rungs from 2020, to become 95th globally in this year’s rankings, and the 4th in South Asia.
- The largest improvement in peacefulness in South Asia occurred in Pakistan, which ranked 150th globally and 6th in the region, by moving up two notches from the previous year’s ranking.
Appoints Aashish Chandorkar appoints as director at India’s WTO mission by GOI
The government of India has appointed a private person Aashish Chandorkar as Counsellor in India’s Permanent Mission in the World Trade Organisation for three years. For the first time, a private person has been appointed at the Mission. Chandorkar is director of Bengaluru-based policy think tank Smahi Foundation of Policy and Research. The WTO is a 164-member multi-lateral body, which deals with global trade. India is a member since 1995.
- World Trade Organization Director-General: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala;
- World Trade Organization Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland;
- World Trade Organization Founded: 1 January 1995.
Aashish Chandorkar, a private person, is appointed to the post of Councillor, in India’s Permanent Mission in the World Trade Organisation (WTO) for three years. Aashish Chandorkar is director of Bengaluru-based policy think tank Smahi Foundation of Policy and Research.
- WTO Director-General: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala;
- WTO Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland;
- WTO Founded: 1 January 1995.
Sustainable Gastronomy Day
On 18 June globally Sustainable Gastronomy Day is being observed. The day was started by the UN General Assembly on 21 December 2016. Gastronomy means the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food. The day symbolises every person, machinery how involved in production & distribution of foods they are essential for healthy life.FOLLOW