CAPF Physical Standards and Medical Tests
UPSC CAPF will hold a written test for Assistant Commandant (AC) positions on August 07, 2022, at various locations throughout the country. Aspirants can view the number of CAPF 2022 job openings below. Along with the relevant dates, this post concentrates on the UPSC CAPF Physical Standards 2022 and Medical Test in Full detail.
|UPSC CPF Assistant Commandant 2022|
|Department||Total Post||Age Limit||UPSC Central Armed Police Force Exam Eligibility|
|BSF||66||20-25 Years as on 01/08/2022||Bachelor’s Degree in Any Stream in Any Recognized University in India.Physical Eligibility|
CAPF Physical Standards
Here is the full detail of the physical standard of UPSC CAPF 2022. Candidates must meet the prescribed Physical and Medical Standards for admission to Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants), Examination, 2022 specified in the below table.
|UPSC CPF AC 2022 Physical Eligibility Details|
|Height||165 CM||157 CM|
|100 Meters Race||16 Second||18 Second|
|800 Meters Race||3 Min 45 Second||4 Min 45 Second|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meter||3 Meter|
|Shot Put 7.26 Kg||4.5 Meter||NA|
A woman candidate, who as a result of a test is found to be pregnant for 12 weeks standing or over, shall be declared temporarily unfit and her appointment is held in abeyance until the confinement is over. The vacancy against which a woman candidate was selected should be kept reserved for her.
She should be re-examined for the Physical Efficiency Test six weeks after the date of confinement, subject to the production of the medical certificate of fitness from a registered medical practitioner. If she is found fit, she may be appointed to the post kept reserved for and allowed the benefit of seniority in accordance with the instructions of the Government, as amended from time to time.
These tests will be conducted at various centres to be notified after the results of the written examination.
Appeals will be entertained only against the Medical Standards Tests and will have to be made to the Appellate Authority designated by the Ministry of Home Affairs within 24 hours after the communication of the result of the Detailed Medical Examination.
Aspirants having the matching criteria can be permitted for the LASIK surgery correction:
- Age: 18-35 years
- Axial length: 21-26 mm
- Corneal thickness: 425 microns
- Pre LASIK error: 6 D
- Post-operative period: Should be a stable refractive flap
- Interval: 06 months (post-operative period mandatory)
Only after 6 months of LASIK surgery, aspirants can apply for recruitment in CAPFs.
- Deafness or even a small amount of irritating ear problems can lead to the non-selection of aspirants so candidates should not have any ear-related condition like types of atresia of the external auditory meatus, osteoma, etc.
- Any nose-related condition like chronic sinusitis, tuberculous ulceration, atrophic rhinitis, etc. will result in the non-selection of the candidate.
- Swollen or enlarged lymph nodes, even the inability to fully index the neck portion may result in the non-selection of the candidate.
- Any problem related to cervical vertebrae or spine or a candidate having an enlarged lymph node, swelling of the neck along with any disease regarding the neck area may result in the non-selection of the candidate.
- The candidate’s teeth should be ordered, and should not have any germs. The candidate must possess a sufficient number of teeth for effective mastication along with no record of having severe pyorrhea.
Chronic skin diseases
- Any skin-related disease like dermatitis, leprosy, Versicolor, psoriasis, etc. will lead to the non-selection of the candidate.
General Standards for PET – CAPF Physical Standards
- Clean speaking i.e. no stammering should be done by the candidate during the PET.
- Any indication of arthritis, TB, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, asthma, etc. will not be acceptable.
- The candidate should not have detectable and visible glandular enlargement anywhere in the body.
- The candidate’s chest should be well-formed in shape. Flat-chested, Pigeon chested and even with
- rickety rosary defects will not be acceptable.
- Hands, Feet & Limbs along with Feet and Toes have to be in perfect shape and should function properly at all times. The candidate shouldn’t have any fractured bones at the time of PET.
- The candidate shouldn’t bear any traces of the previous disease at the time of PET.
- Any type of Hernia, Hemorrhoid or scrotal swelling will lead to the rejection of the candidate. Both the testicles should be in the normal size.
- The candidate should not have knock knees, flat feet or any other physical deformity as it will lead to the rejection of the candidate.
- The candidate shouldn’t have Tachycardia (more than 100 pulse rate per minute) or Bradycardia (Less than 50 per minute).
UPSC CAPF Selection Process:
One will have to clear the three phases of selection to be considered for the All India Merit List. The Selection is not that easy. Each phase has its own difficulty level. You need to join the Best CAPF Coaching Institute in India like the Major Kalshi Classes to get better preparation and guidance for your exam and clear this on the very first attempt.
- Written Exam
- Physical Fitness Test/Physical Efficiency Test
- Medical Exam
- Interview/Personality Test etc.
CPF Written Exam Pattern:
There are two papers in the written exam and the exam pattern of the papers is a bit different.
|Paper Name||Marks||Time Duration||Type|
|Paper-I – General and Mental Ability||250 marks||2 hours||Objective Type|
|Paper-II – General Studies||200||3||Descriptive Type|
UPSC CAPF Written Exam Syllabus
Here are the brief details about the topics or chapters that one has to prepare for the CAPF Written Exam Paper I and Paper II etc.
- General Mental Ability
- General Science
- Current Events
- Indian Polity and Economics
- Indian History
- Indian Geography and World Geography etc
- General Studies
- English Language, Comprehension and Essay, etc.
Join the Major Kalshi Classes which holds the position of Best CPF Coaching Center in India and get prepared well for your examination under the guidance of the defence officers and qualified teachers.
UPSC CAPF 2022 Tips:-
In order to prepare for the CAPF 2022 exam, proper knowledge is required and this knowledge comes with most of the practice. If you really want to know “CAPF 2022 Tips and Strategy” simply go through the helpful tips on how to study:
Books: Books are considered to be the most useful and helpful resource for knowledge. In order to qualify or crack this exam, you need to choose the right books for preparation and enhance your knowledge in the correct way. This will not only prepare you for the exam but also result in the desired outcome.
Time management: It is the second most important thing to consider. Proper time management will help you prepare for each and every scenario in the best possible way. Know your weak points and strong points. Make a creative strategy to work. This will improve your skills and help you score well in the exam.
Practice: Practice is very essential to crack any competitive exam. As the saying goes “Practice makes a man perfect” one should practice more in order to achieve their objective. For better results, try to solve previous years’ sample papers. For practice please Download MKC Test Prep App.
Syllabus: This is one of the most important steps to preparing for anything. In order to clear the exam, you need to know the complete syllabus as well as the topics. Having proper knowledge of all the topics will increase your chances to crack the exam.
CAPF Exam Panel/Personal Interview Process
Here is the process of CAPF Interview – (150 Marks)
- There is a panel of 4 people where one is a chairperson (a serving member of CAPF) and the others are professors/experts with high experience in their related fields.
- There is a session of introduction, in the beginning, to build up the confidence of the candidate.
- Then, there are questions based on the answers filled in in a detailed Application Form.
- Candidates are asked questions on current affairs at both national and regional levels.
- The interview can go for 1-2 hr or more than that.
- Questions can be asked about the recent defence development related to checking your interest in the defence sector.
- Do not hesitate to ask any questions for the panel if they say.
- Show officers-like-quality of the panel.