Applications are invited from male Indian nationals possessing educational qualifications and age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Navik (General Duty) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
10+2 passed with 50% marks aggregate in total and minimum 50% aggregate in Maths and Physics from an education board recognized by Central/State Government. (5 % relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
Age-Minimum 18 Years and maximum 22 years i.e. between 01 Aug 1996 to 31 Jul 2000 (both dates inclusive). Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
Pay, Perks and Others Benefits:- On joining Indian Coast Guard, you will be placed in Basic pay Rs. 21700/- (Pay Level-3) plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the regulation enforced time to time.
Promotion and Perquisites
(a) Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with pay scale Rs. 47600/- (Pay Level 8) with Dearness Allowance. Promotion to the Officer cadre is subject to suitability and performance.
(b) Other benefits-
- Ration and clothing as per rules in vogue. Free medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for self, family and dependent parents as per Government rules.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
- ECHS medical facilities after retirement.
How to Apply
- Applications will be accepted ‘Online only’ from 24 Dec 17 to 02 Jan 18 till 1700 Hrs.
- Candidates are to logon to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button.
- The important instructions for filling of online application are:- (i) The Name of the Candidate, Father and Mother’s name and date of birth should be mentioned as per 10th class certificate. (ii) Indicate exact percentage of 12th class up to two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
(iii) Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate are compulsory. The date, time and Centre of the written examination and other information will be informed through Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
(iv) The application provides choice of only One Centre for examination. The candidate is to choose Centre from the list mentioned against each state to which he belongs to.
- To fill up “Online” application the candidates need to logon to the Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click opportunity button and proceed as given below:-
- Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Naviks (10+2 Entry) 02/2018 Batch.
- Select the post applied for- Navik General Duty.
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed.
- Proceed to fill up the application (All Star (*) marked entries are compulsory and to be filled).
- Candidates have to upload the photograph and signature in .jpeg format (image quality 200 dpi). The size of photograph and signature must be between 10 kb to 40 kb and 10 kb to 30 kb respectively.
- On completion of filling application, check your filled details once again prior clicking on the Submit button.
- On successful submission of the online application a unique Application / Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval/ reprint of e-admit card. Applicants to take print out of the e-admit card through URL http: //joinindiancoastguard.gov.in / reprint.aspx from 12 to 22 Jan 2018 only post short listing of the online application. For candidates NOT meeting the eligibility criteria, a ‘Rejection Slip, giving the cause of rejection with the Application Number’ will be displayed. Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre.
- Candidates are required to bring 03 copies of System generated e-admit card having allotted roll number with latest identical colour passport size photographs with Blue background (Not older than one month) pasted and signed at the bottom of application form against space provided for the signature. Candidates shall bring all original documents and keep one application form ready along with photocopies of all documents attested i,e. class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet, class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet showing subjects, caste certificate wherever required and domicile certificate of their respective state for submission at the examination Centre on the date of examination. Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of recruitment shall not be permitted to appear in the written examination. Note: – Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all applications.
Last date for applying online: 02 Jan 2018 till 1700 Hrs.
The ‘Online’ Applications will be sorted out Centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during the month of Feb – Mar 2018. The Selection procedure is as follows:-
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre.
- The qualifying cut off percentage (%) of a particular Centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage is received.
- The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, knowledge of English upto 12th standard, general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative aptitude and reasoning etc.
- Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and the testing procedure will take about 2 days. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig (Shoe, T-shirt, Trouser etc). The PFT will consists of, (i) 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes. (ii) 20 Squat ups (UthakBaithak) (iii) 10 Push up. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Candidates who qualify the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will only be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment Centres or any other place as decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
- Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for initial recruitment medical examination (Preliminary) in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard. Mere declaration of fit in initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at INS Chilka.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The Zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of Jul 2018.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorized Military Doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
- Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Proportionate to height and age +-10 percentage acceptable.
- Normal. *Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
- Visual Standard. 6/6 (Better Eye) and 6/9 (Worse Eye). (Candidates using glasses are not eligible)
- Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body. However certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Govt. of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
Note: Candidates with above Medical standards are only to appear for the selection. No waiver will be given for the above standards. The Coast Guard order on medical standard of Naviks will be the final authority in case of dispute. Applicants declared permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Indian Coast Guard are advised not to apply.
Final Enrolment Medical Examination-Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination.” Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates, who are NOT found medically fit in the final medical examination at INS Chilka, will NOT be enrolled for training. “No Appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examination.
Medical examination at INS Chilka-Medically unfit candidates will be returned home at their own expense.
Training- The basic training will commence in August 2018 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training in the allotted trade. Branch/trade will be allocated as per the requirement of service and performance during basic training. Naviks are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
Click here for detailed notification-http://www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/PDF/Advertisement/NAVIK_GD_218.pdf
Click here to apply online–http://www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/index.html