How women can join Indian Defence Services?
4 Ways for Girls to Join Indian Defence Services
1992 saw, an important landmark in the history of Indian Army in form of the induction of women to the officer cadre, and the onerous task of training them was undertaken by the Officers Training Academy So far, more than 1200 Lady Cadets have already been commissioned into the various Arms Services of the Indian Army. For women applicants, it is compulsory to be graduates.
The various ways in which women can join the Indian Defence services after graduation can be classified into 3 categories: UPSC, Non-UPSC and Technical Entries
How To Join Indian Army After Graduation
Table of Contents
It is the age of women empowerment. In fact, women have ever been more powerful than men. In English, wife is known as ‘the better self’ or the ‘better half’. In Shakespeare, women are the heroes and heroines both, for they say there are no heroes in Shakespeare. Viola, Rosalind, Desdemona, Cordelia, etc. are a few examples. In Indian mythology and religion women help men in wars and crises where men are badly defeated: the mother Durga is the greatest and most powerful deity among gods and goddesses. The Indian army in almost all of its versions has realized it, and accordingly women have their vacancies in Indian forces. Therefore, rave successfully the chills of unemployment, and heal the wounds of anxiety, tensions and fears of failure through MKC, bloom with your success big smiles on the faces of your guardians!
Following is the description of posts in these forces, and how women can join them.
Entry Trough UPSC Exams:
Women candidates in the age group of 19 to 25 years (as per notified in the concerned advertisement) can apply for their entry. They have to clear an exam held by UPSC which holds the same twicea year. Successful candidates at written exams are called for the SSB interview. To apply for these entries, a Graduate/Post Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university is the requirement.
Brave successfully the chills of unemployment, and heal the wounds of anxiety, tensions and fears of failure through MKC, bloom with your success big smiles on the faces of your guardians!
Special entries of Women through NCC
NCC women cadets who have 2 years’ of service in NCC senior division army and possess minimum B grade in C certificate exam. Women cadets in the age group of 19 to 25 years (as per notified in the concerned advertisement) are eligible to apply for it. Vacancies per course are notified by additional directorate general for the recruitment. Final year students /graduates with 50% aggregate are eligible to this entry.
Technical Entry Trough SSC Exams:
Women engineering students ageing 20 to 27 years as notified in the concerned advertisement are eligible to this entry. Such candidates can apply for it while in the final year or after completing their degrees. Graduates in any discipline of engineering as notified in the concerned advertisement are eligible to apply for these.
Entry through JAG:
This entry is restricted to the law graduates. The age requirement to this entry is 21 to 27 years as notified along with the vacancies by additional Directorate General recruiting in the month of either April or October. To be eligible for this entry, candidates need having a graduate degree of LLB/LLM with minimum 55% aggregate and the candidates should be registered to Bar Council of India or that of the State.
Indian Air Force
Women longing to fly high in the sky or dream to be an Air security of the nation through IAF need clearing an exam named AFCAT as stands for Air Force Common Admission Test held twice a year. It is a written exam and those who come out as success at this exam are called for the SSB interview.
You can opt for the following branches by AFCAT exam:
- Flying branch: Women candidates of age 19 to 23 years (as per notified in the advertisement) can opt for flying branch. Female candidates have the opportunity to fly transport aircrafts or helicopters but they are not eligible for fighter aircrafts. To apply for this entry, a candidate should be having a Graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university with an aggregate of 60% marks and have passed in Math and Physics at 10+2 level OR should have B.E/B.Tech degree from a recognized university with an aggregate of minimum 60% marks.
- Technical Branch: Female engineering aspirants in age group of 18 to 28 years can opt for the technical branch. There are two types in technical service whose educational qualification conditions are given as it follows:
- Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical): Minimum requirement of a four-year degree course from a recognized university with an aggregate of minimum 60% marks and qualification in at least eight out of eighteen subjects.
- The concerned notification in the advertisement OR cleared Section A and B exams of Associate membership of Institution of engineers or Aeronautical society of India in regular courses.
- Aeronautical Engineer (Electrical):A minimum degree course from a recognized university with an aggregate of minimum 60% marks and qualification in at least eight subjects as per notified in the advertisement: OR to have cleared Section A and B exams of Associate membership of Institution of engineers or Aeronautical society of India or graduate membership exam of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers in regular courses.
- Ground Duty Branches: Those who desire to opt for the ground duty branches, have varied age requirements. For graduates: 20 to 23 years, Post Graduates: 20 to 25 years, LLB: 20 to 26 years, M.Ed. / PhD/ CA: 20 to 27 years. The above mentioned ones are three types of services in Ground Duty Branches whose educational qualifications conditions are now given as it follows:
- Departments of Administration and Logistics: Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university with an aggregate of 60% marks OR a Post Graduate degree/ diploma in any discipline from a recognized university with an aggregate of minimum 60% marks.
- Education: Post Graduate degree in any discipline with an aggregate of minimum 50% scores.
- The Department of Accounting: Graduate degree in commerce with an aggregate of minimum 60% marks/ a Post Graduate degree/ diploma in Commerce (M Com) / CA / ICWA with an aggregate of minimum 50% marks.
- The Branch of Meteorology: for these posts, candidates are short-listed and are called for SSB interviews at Air Force Selection Boards. The age limitation in this entry is 20 to 25 years, 27 years for PhD candidates. To be eligible for this entry candidates must be having a Post graduate degrees in any science stream / Math / Statistics / Geography / CS / EVS / Physics / Geo-physics etc. with a minimum 50% aggregate and have scores of 55% marks both in Math and Physics at graduation level. Final year students can also apply for this branch.
The Executive Branch
- SSC- Air Traffic Controller: Women candidates of age 19 ½ to 25 years are eligible for this this post. Science graduates, i.e. those ones with subjects like Physics/Math/Electronics OR M.Sc. with math / Physics /Electronics.
- SSC- Observer: Women candidates in the age group of19 to 23 years can apply for this entry. For applying in this entry, women candidates need to have graduate degrees in any discipline with minimum 55% of marks with Maths and Physics at 10+2 level.
- SC- Law: This entry is for female Law candidates who are in the age group of 22 to 27 years as per notified in the concerned advertisement. To be eligible for this entry a candidates must have a graduate degree in LAW with minimum 55% marks.
Women candidates who have B.E/B.Tech in Computers, IT, Architecture, Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Marine engineering, or those ones as graduates with PG diploma in material management are eligible to this entry. The age limitation is 19 ½ to 25 years as per notified in the concerned advertisement.
The Engineering Branch
- UES SSC (Naval Architecture):Women engineers possessing a B.E/B.Tech degree in naval architecture / Mechanical / Civil / Aeronautical / Metallurgical / Aerospace Engineering with 60% marks can apply for it. The age margin for this entry is 19 to 25 years as per notified in the concerned advertisement.
- The SSC Naval Architecture:Women engineers within the age group of 21 to 25 years as per notified in the advertisement and holding B.E/B.Tech degree in Naval architecture / Mechanical / Civil / Aeronautical / Metallurgical / Aerospace engineering with 60% marks can apply for the posts.
- Education Branch:Women aspirants in the age group 21 to 25 years are eligible for this entry if they have passed B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science, IT, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical OR M.Sc. in Physics / Maths / Computer application with atleast 50% marks.
“This world is the valley of soul creation”– John Keats.
India needs genius to defend the country, and we convert pebbles into diamonds: an individual endowed with versatile genius, sharp and alert needed to the Indian Force, is bloomed here at MKC. We train you to strengthen both mentally and physically so as to bear the responsibility of the nation facing the rough and tough challenges of the modern world.