For both males and Females
Apply From today that is 31st October till 26th November 2018
Exam Date 3rd February 2019
Punctuality is what we should learn from UPSC. On 4th June 2018 UPSC issued UPSC Calendar 2019. In the calendar it was mentioned that CDS 1/2019 Notification will be issued on 31st October 2018. And the same was issued earlier today, without a delay of even a single hour.
Age, Sex and Marital Status
- IMA—Unmarried male candidates born between 2nd Jan 1996 and 1st Jan 2001.
- Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born between 2nd Jan 1996 and 1st Jan 2001.
- Air Force Academy—Unmarried Male candidates born between 2nd Jan 1996 and 1st Jan 2000 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd Jan 1994 and not later than 1st Jan, 2000) only are eligible.
- Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men) Unmarried male candidates born between 2nd Jan 1995 and not later than 1st Jan, 2001 only are eligible.
- Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd Jan, 1995 and not later than 1st Jan, 2001.
Educational Qualifications: Graduation
- Indian Military Academy and Officers’ Training Academy— Graduation Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
- Indian Naval Academy—Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
- Air Force Academy—Graduation Degree of a recognised University (must have studied Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Marital Status: Unmarried
How to Apply
To download the official notification click on http://www.upsc.gov.in/sites/default/files/Notice-CDS-I-2019-English.pdf
Click here to apply online https://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php
Vacancy – 417
Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 100
Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – 45
Air Force Academy, Hyderabad -32
Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai – 225
Officers Training Academy, Chennai SSC Women non tech – 15
Fees – 200 Rupees (except Females/SC/ST)
Negative Marking – Yes there will be negative marking. There will be four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each wrong answer one third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Question Type – Objective
Mode of Exam: Offline
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:—
- English 2 Hours 100 Marks
- General Knowledge 2 Hours 100 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics 2 Hours 100 Marks
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy:—
- English 2 Hours 100 Marks
- General Knowledge 2 Hours 100 Marks
Language – The questions will be both in Hindi and English
Objective Convergence should be ≤ 10 cm. Accommodation should be ≤ 12 cm
Binocular Single Vision (BSV) should be at least grade-III
Vision : Uncorrected VA 6/60 & 6/60 ; BCVA 6/6 & 6/6 ;
Power ≤ -3.50 D Sph, ≤ +3.50 D Sph (including Astigmatism)
Colour perception CP-II
Vision Correction: Radial Keratotomy is not acceptable. Laser Surgery for correction of visual defects should not have been done earlier than 20 years of age on the date of operation, and also within one year period of reporting for medical examination.
Visual Standards for Air Force:
Candidates who habitually wear spectacles are not eligible for Air Force.
Minimum distant vision 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other correctable to 6/6 only for
Hypermetropia Colour vision CP-1
Hypermetropia: +2.0 d Sph
Manifest Myopia: Nil
Retinoscopic Myopia: –0.5 in any meridian permitted
Astigmatism: +0.75 D Cyl (with + 2.0 DMax)
Refractive Surgery: PRK (Photo Refractive Keratotomy/Lasik (LASER in Situ Keratomileusis)) for correction of Myopia or hypermetropia may be considered fit for commissioning in the Air Force in all branches. Radial keratotomy (RK) and Photo Refractive Keratotomy (PRK) surgery for correction of refractive errors is not permitted for any Air Force duties. Candidates having undergone cataract surgery with or without IOL implants will also be declared unfit.
(ii) Post PRK/LASIK candidates must meet the required visual standards
(iii) PRK/LASIK surgery should not have been carried out before the age of 20 years. At least 12 months should have elapsed post uncomplicated stable PRK/LASIK with no history or evidence of any complication. Individual with high refractive errors (>6D) prior to PRK/LASIK are to be excluded.
Candidates who have undergone LASIK surgery are not considered fit for permanent commission in flying branch in IAF.
The minimum acceptable height
For male candidates is 157.5 cms for Indian Army, 157 cms for Indian Navy and 162.5 cms for Indian Air Force.
For Women candidates minimum acceptable height is 152 cms.
For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North-Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon, the Minimum acceptable height will be 5 cms less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms. These concessions are not applicable for Air Force. Height and Weight standards are given below for Army and Navy only. Interpolation for weights against height not mentioned may be done.
The weight should be proportionate to Height
Centres of Examination:
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam.
Major Kalshi Classes wishes Good Luck to all the aspirants for both CDS 2/2018 that will be conducted on 18th November 2018 and CDS 01/2019 that will be conducted on 3rd February 2019.
Apply at the earliest and start preparing. For written exams, physical and SSB preparation join Major Kalshi Classes.
To order our books visit www.mkcpublication.in
To practice online visit www.mkconlinetestseries.in
For admissions for preparation of NDA/NA, CDS, AFCAT, CPF, IAF X & Y Groups, Indian Navy AA & SSR, Para military Forces, Indian Coast Guard or any other query visit www.majorkalshiclasses.com or call Helpline Number 9696220022 or 9696330033