The Medical and Physical Examination plays an important role in the selection. A minor mistake in this can be a good reason for rejection. Here in this article, I am going to share with you the complete details about the Physical Eligibility for Various Airforce Exam. We will get to know about the tests and the eligibility that is required to have for the Airforce exams and how can you be fit to clear the Physical fitness Tests etc. Check out the article below to get complete information about this.
Physical Eligibility for Various Airforce Exam:
There is a total three-phase of selection in order to become an Airmen or an officer in the Indian Airforce Service. After the application form, A candidate will appear for the Written Exam or for the physical fitness test, and those who would clear this will proceed for the Medical Examination. The Medical Exam is the last phase of selection. In order to apply for any vacancy in the Indian Airforce, one must be medically and physically fit. Here are details about the Indian Airforce’s physical Eligibility.
Required Physical Eligibility for Airforce Exams:
Here is some common Physical Eligibility that one has to match to apply for the examination. The Physical Standard of Airforce Examinations are not as tough as it is for the other entries, There are only checkups that would be done, which are required to join.
- The height of the candidate should not be less than 162 cm for male candidates.
- Height should not be less than 152 cm for female candidates.
- The chest should be well developed.
- The minimum Expansion of the Chest should be 5cm.
- There is no chest expansion required for female candidates.
- Your elbow should not be turned in the outer direction for more than 15 degrees.
- Candidate must have proper BMI (Body Mass Index) etc.
- 14 dental Points are essentially required.
- Your body should not carry any genetic disease like joint knees, color blindness, or night blindness.
- Your joint and your bones should be completely fine.
- Any severe body fracture in any body part can cause permanent rejection.
Height Chart as per Age and Weight:
The height and weight criteria of candidates in the Air Force by NDA are as follows.
|Height for the Air Force (in centimeters)||Weight in kg (16 to 17 years)||Weight in kilograms (17 to 18 years)||Weight in kilograms (18 to 19 years)|
Eyesight could be the minor reason of rejection of your career but it is common in the selection. Most candidates get a rejection because of their weak eyesight. If you are defense Aspirant, you should know there are so many Parameter by which defense personnel checks the eyesight of the Candidate in your medical and physical test.
- Your eyesight must be 6/6 without glasses.
- If you are wearing glasses it should not be worse than 6/12.
- Limits for myopia 0.75D and for Hypermetropia +1.5D
- Binocular vision III
- Limits for color perception I
- Should not have color blindness or night blindness.
Candidates who use glasses permanently cannot apply to the Air Force. It is considered ineligible to apply in the Air Force after Lasik surgery. Candidates who have undergone cataract surgery in their eyes also cannot fill this application form. You can click on the link below to get complete information on the Lasik Surgery criteria for defense.
Eyesight for Pilots:
For the flying branch of the Indian Airforce, The Eyesight criteria for the pilots are a bit different from the other posts.
- Pilots must have better color vision, near visual acuity of 20/30 without correction, distance visual acuity of no worse than 20/70 in each eye.
- Correctable to 20/20 and meet other refraction, accommodation, and astigmatism requirements.
After the candidate clears the Physical Eligibility test and Fitness test etc. The selected candidate will Proceed with the Medical Examination. The medical tests consist of everything like internal body organs like heart, kidney, and lungs, etc., and outer parts of the body like elbow turning angle and knock knee and chest x-ray, etc. If you are a regular smoker, you may not pass the medical test. After the medical test, you have to wait for the AIR (All India Rank) list. The Airforce Selection Board will declare the all India merit list and according to the availability of the seats, The students will be selected on the basis of overall marks scored in All the phases of the exam.
Glasses are allowed in the Indian Air force for some posts but your eyesight must be correct with glasses. With glasses, you cannot apply for the flying branch of the Indian Air force.
The height of male candidates should be at least 162cm while for female candidates it should be at least 152cm. There is some relaxation in heights, Check the official website to get exact details about this.
There is no vacancy in the Indian Air force for a female candidate after the 12th. All the vacancies for females are after graduation.
The minimum age of the candidate must be 19 years old can apply till the age of 25 years old or some posts are offered till the age of 27 years old for the female candidates.
Yes, there is some relaxation given to the candidates who belong to the hilly area or from some specific area, etc. To get exact details about this, check the official website, It keeps on changing time by time.
You can Avail our Service:-
For purchasing any books for defence examination- Click Here
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
Visit our YouTube Channel For Free Education:- Click Here
This is all about the Physical Eligibility for Various Airforce Exam. If you guys want to serve the nation and wanted to clear the Defence examination, can join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you.FOLLOW