Indian Navy News | Coordinates Sea Vigil after “26/11”
Ten years after “26/11”, the Indian Navy commenced the largest coastal defence exercise off the Indian coast named as Sea Vigil which was a first of its kind. This article highlights this issue and about this Indian Navy News which will be important for the upcoming Indian Navy Exam.
Indian Navy News – Exercise “Sea Vigil’
Sea Vigil is being undertaken along the entire 7516.6 km coastline involving all the 13 coastal States and Union Territories along with all maritime stakeholders, including the fishing and coastal communities.
Exercise Sea Vigil intends to exhaustively and comprehensively approve the adequacy of the measures taken since ’26/11′. Toward the ocean checking amid the activity will involve watching off coast, in Offshore Development Areas and off our islands by the Indian Navy, Indian Coast Guard, upheld by the State Marine Police. Closer coast, key resources, ports, Single Point Moorings (SPMs) will be watched by assigned organizations. Toward the ocean observing will likewise involve contributions from specialized methods, including insight sources. Shore-based observing will involve upgraded vigil by the State Police along the coast; checking of fish landing focuses by state fisheries divisions; as additionally checking of port zones by individual port experts.
While littler activities are directed in seaside states on a half-yearly premise, including consolidated activities among connecting states, the lead of a security practice at a national-level is maybe the first of its sort. It mirrors the separation that has been secured since ’26/11′ and the relative developing of the association for waterfront security to go up against this huge scale attempt. In spite of, the increases, the difficulties are tremendous. Exercise SEA VIGIL will give a sensible appraisal of our qualities and shortcoming and this will positively help further fortifying of sea security and thus national security.
Background | Latest Indian Navy News
Post ’26/11′, the Indian Navy was assigned as the organization in charge of by and large oceanic security, including seaward and beach front security. The Naval Commanders-in-Chiefs at Mumbai, Kochi, Visakhapatnam and Port Blair were likewise assigned as Cs-in-C Coastal Defense. The Indian Coast Guard was assigned as the organization in charge of beach front security in regional waters, including waters to be watched by the State Marine Police. In the release of these very duties, Exercise ‘Ocean VIGIL’ has been arranged by the Indian Navy.
Waterfront security is unpredictable develop since it includes exercises both adrift and at land. The objectives of the fear mongers could be well inland. In the repercussions of “26/11”, an entire of-government way to deal with oceanic security was embraced and countless were taken by a large group of partners. At the summit level National Committee on Strengthening Maritime and Coastal Security (NCSMCS) with Cabinet Secretary in charge was built up to survey essential issues relating to Coastal Security and for powerful focus state coordination. In like manner boards of trustees have additionally been set up at State and District level. At the operational dimension, it included setting up of Joint Operations Centers (JOCs) of the Navy and Coastal Security Operations Centers of the Indian Coast Guard.
Salient Features | Latest Indian Navy News
- Ten years after “26/11” the Indian Navy will coordinate the largest coastal defence exercise off the Indian coast on 22-23 Jan 19, Exercise SEA VIGIL.
- The exercise, a first of its kind, is being undertaken along the entire 7516.6 km coastline and Exclusive Economic Zone of India and involves all the 13 coastal States and Union Territories along with all maritime stakeholders, including the fishing and coastal communities.
- The scale of the exercise is unprecedented in terms of the geographical extent, the number of stakeholders involved, the number of units deployed, and in terms of the objectives to be met.
- The exercise is a build up towards the major theatre level tri-service exercise TROPEX [Theatre-level Readiness Operational Exercise] which Indian Navy conducts every two years.
- The conduct of the exercise SEA VIGIL has been facilitated by the Ministries of Defence, Home Affairs, Shipping, Petroleum and Natural Gas, Fisheries, Customs, State Governments and other agencies of Centre/ State.
- Post ’26/11′, operational responsibilities for coastal security were entrusted to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard. In the discharge of these very responsibilities that Exercise ‘SEA VIGIL’ has been planned by the Indian Navy.
We hope that this blog should’ve provided you with all the required details about Indian Navy News regarding Sea Vigil. If you are a candidate preparing for Defence Forces then avail the Best Books or Study Material on MKC Publications. For some further inquiry feel free to call us on: 9696330033/9696220022 or Visit us on:
- Our Official
- Or at Shapath Building, 105/244, Tagore Town, Allahabad – 211002
For detailed information of Notifications, Syllabus or Tips and Tricks, Admit Card Dates, Result, Cut off, Trend Analysis, Information about Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination and Current Affairs, You can also Visit Our Youtube Channel or follow us on Instagram.
Feel free to share your thoughts about this article on the comment section below.
ALSO READ – Equivalent Ranks In Army, Navy and Air Force
Courtesy – PIB