Why the Coast Guard Exercise tie-up took place:
The Indian Ministry of Defence had a meeting with Vietnam’s Ministry of Defence on the topic of strengthening naval strengths between the two countries on 1st October 2018. The meeting took place at the Coast Guard Headquarters, India. Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that was signed back in 2015 is the basic provision for the Coast Guard Exercise. From India, the Director General Coast Guard (ICG), Shri Rajendra Singhled was present and on the other hand, the Vietnam Coast Guard Major General, Nguyen VanSonled and a delegate of 6 people were present.
The meeting was done under mutual cooperation and the basic motto was to strengthen naval powers between both the Coast Guard Exercise.
History of the Coast Guard Exercise:
The Coast Guard Exercise has 2 major events that need to be highlighted. Both the events have a major hand to bring up with the idea of the Coast Guard Exercise between both the countries. Both the events are stated below:
- The provision of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed in 2015.
- The frequent professional interaction between both countries since 2001.
Events that took place in the India-Vietnam Coast Guard Exercise:
Since the event of First-ever Coast Guard Exercise between India and Vietnam was announced, major preparations were going on in India to welcome Vietnam’s coast guard ships. Below are the events that took place in the Coast Guard Exercise:
- On 2nd October, the VCG ship, CSB 8001 arrived at Chennai for professional interactions in the joint exercise.
- On 4th of October, the Indian coast guard ships along with many naval commanders arrived at the Chennai Coast Guard to Welcome the Vietnam Coast Guard ships.
- Shaurya, Avanesh, and an inspector boat C-431 along with a Dornier aircraft and a Chetak helicopter participated in the joint exercise “Sahyog HOP TAC-2018”
- The most important aim of the Coast Guard Exercise was to take steps on the subsequent rescue of the crew in the coordination joint operation of India and Vietnam over the scenario of hijacking an oil ship.
- Many Commanders and Inspectors like Inspector General Paramesh Sivamani, Commander Coast Guard Eastern Region and Vietnam Coast Guard Commandant Major General Nguyen Van Son supervised the exercise.
This event is to be done yearly to improve and strengthen both countries Naval Power. For students preparing for defence exams, it is important to have knowledge about first ever Coast Guard Exercise. Stay updated with such types of current affair topics and increase your chances to qualify the exams.
We hope that this blog provides you with all the required details about the India – Vietnam Defence Ties Strengthens on their first ever Coast Guard Exercise. If you are a candidate preparing for Defence Forces, avail the Best Books or Study Material from MKC Publications. For further inquiry, feel free to call us on +91 9696330033/9696220022 or
Visit us via:
- Our Official website
- Or at Shapath Building, 105/244, Tagore Town, Allahabad – 211002
To get detailed information on Notifications, Syllabus, Tips, and Tricks, Admit Card Dates, Result, Cut off, Trend Analysis, Information about Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination and Current Affairs, simply Visit Our YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Instagram.
Feel free to share your thoughts about this blog in the comment section given below.