Indian Navy provide a great career opportunity for young aspirants. If you want to become a pilot then you have to be physically and mentally fit. Here we are going to tell you How to become a Pilot in the Indian Navy, Eligibility to be a Navy pilot. Indian Navy release vacancy every year as Navy SSC Entry For Pilot/ Observer/ Air Traffic Controller, INET, Navy 10+2 B.tech Entry. You have to apply for these vacancies.
Pilots are inducted into the Indian Navy as Permanent Commission (PC) or Short Service Commission(SSC). Pilots are selected from serving Executive branch officers (up to 25 years of age) are selected for pilot training bi-annually and are granted a Permanent Commission.
How to become a Pilot in the Indian Navy?
Table of Contents
For those with an aspiration to fly in the skies over the challenging environment of the sea, the Navy needs Pilots for its Naval Air Arm. Naval aircraft search, locate and attack enemy ships, submarines and aircraft whilst providing a defensive cover to our assets at sea.
You can join Navy Pilot through various Vacancies like-
Navy SSC Tech 2021 Selection Process:-
- shortlisting for SSB interview: – Shortlisting of the candidates will be done by the officials of the Indian Navy Commission on the basis of the educational qualification of the candidates who fill this application form. After which the candidates will be invited for an SSB interview.
- The SSB interview will probably be held in Bangalore / Bhopal / Visakhapatnam / Kolkata in July 2021. The SSB interview for the entry of the pilot and observer will be held in Bengaluru only.
- After the shortlisting, the Navy will inform the information about the SSB interview by email and phone number of the selected candidates.
- To get information in detail of SSB selection process, please read the article below by clicking here.
- Medical test: – After conducting an SSB interview, the candidates will be subjected to the medical examination. Medical testing of selected candidates for the pilot entry will be done through the pilot selection system.
- Merit list: – Merit list of selected candidates will be prepared after SSB interview and medical examination. Based on which further processing will be done.
Visit the official website:– Click Here
Qualification Required for Navy Pilot:-
BE/B.Tech in any discipline from AICTE recognized institute/university with minimum 60% marks. The candidates must have 60% aggregate marks in class X & XII and a minimum of 60% marks in English in class X or XII.
Holding valid and current CPL issued by DGCA, India (not mandatory).
Training of Navy Pilot:-
Pilot candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, followed by Stage I and Stage II flying training at the Air Force Academy/Naval Establishment /Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udaan Academy (IGRUA). On successful completion of training, the candidates will be awarded the coveted ‘Wings’.
Work Environment of Pilot:-
Naval Pilots operate fighter aircraft and helicopters from aircraft carriers and ships at sea as well as maritime reconnaissance aircraft from ashore.
A far cry from duty ashore. For one thing, while at sea, you will be putting all your skills and determination to the actual test. You will be given responsibility and will be doing an important job for which you have been uniquely trained.
Life At Sea:-
Of course, sea duty does not mean you will spend all your time at sea. Your ship will have its own ‘home port’ and you will spend a fair amount of your time in or close to that port. At sea, you will be excited to visit far-flung places in India and abroad, which you may have only read or heard about.
Life at sea is full of challenges and immense satisfaction. While you are at sea, the Navy looks after the welfare of your family like its own.
Whether on a ship or submarine, sailors are provided with sufficient living spaces. Each sailor is assigned a “berthing area,” which includes a locker for storage, as well as a “bunk” for sleeping. The chefs in the galleys (kitchen) constantly prepare food for hundreds of men. There are dining halls for the men to dine. Mess decks are not just areas to sleep, but are also for recreation – sailors can kick back and watch television or play games.
Modern ships, submarines and aircraft of the Indian Navy are highly sophisticated and technologically advanced platforms. Onboard ships, men are involved in operating state-of-the-art weapons, navigational systems, communication sets, diving equipment, etc. It involves the maintenance of equipment. Personnel goes through training in the art of seamanship, operating weapons and sensors, look-out duties, boat-work and man-management. All personnel are also trained in Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Warfare and Damage Control including Fire Fighting.
You can Avail our Service:-
For purchasing any books for defence examination- Click Here
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
For Online Course at MKC Learning App- Click Here
Visit our YouTube Channel For Free Education:- Click Here
This is all about the How to become a Pilot in the Indian Navy. If you guys want to serve the nation and want to clear the Defence examination, join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you.