Current Affairs Episode -07
- 1. What is the aim of ‘Bharat Net’ project ?
- a) To provide 100 mbit/s broadband connectivity to all 250,000 gram panchayats in the country
- b) To provide internet connectivity to Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- c) It is a flagship program for Indian Railway to give wifi in stations
- d) None of these
Bharat net is a flagship mission implemented by Bharat Broadband Network ltd. (BBNL). National optical fibre network (NOFN) was launched in October 2011 and was renamed as Bharat Net project in 2015. To facilitate the delivery of e-governance, e-health, e-education, e-banking, Internet and other services to rural India to connect all the 2,50,000 gram panchayats in the country and provide 100 Mbps connectivity to all gram panchayats.
Q.2. One whose birth anniversary, National Statistics day is observed every year on 29th June?
- a) Aryabhatta
- b) C.V. Raman
- c) Prof. Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis
- d) Homi Jahangir baba
Every year, the statistics day is celebrated on 29th June, the birth anniversary of Prof. Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis, to recognize his invaluable contribution in establishing the National Statistical System. Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis (1893-1972) he is considered the father of modern statistics in India, founded the Indian statistical Institute (ISI), shaped the planning Commission (which was replaced by the NITI Aayog on 1st January 2015) and pioneered methodologies for large scale surveys.
- 3. The ministry of mines has launched a portal ”SATYABHAMA”. What is the full form of this portal?
- a) Science and technology yojana for Atamnirbhar Bharat in Mining advancement
- b) Survey and technology yojana for Atamanirbhar Bharat in Mining advancement
- c) Science and technology yojana for Atamnirbhar Bharat in mapping advancement
- d) Survey of trible areas yojana for Atmanirbhar Bharat in mining advancement
The ministry of mines has launched a portal ” Satyabhama (Science and Technology Yojana for Atmanirbhar Bharat in Mining advancement)” with an aim to promote research and development in the mining and minerals sector.
Q.4. Where is the ‘Senkaku Islands’ located ?
- a) China
- b) Japan
- c) North Korea
- d) Indonesia
Recently, a local council in southern Japan has approved a bill to change the name of an area containing Snekakau Island from Tonoshiro to Tonoshiro Senkaku. Senkaku island are known as the diaoyus by China and Tiaoyutai by Taiwan. The island are disputed with China and Taiwan
Q.5. India and Bhutan have signed a concession agreement on the 600 MW kholongchhu hydropower project. It is located on which river?
- a) Brhmputra
- b) Pdma
- c) Khologchhu
- d) Kaveri
The kholongchhu project is one of four additional agreed in 2008, as a part of India’s commitement to help Bhutan to create a total 10,000MW of installed capacity by 2020. The 600 MW run-of-the – river project is located on the lower course of the Kholongchhu river in eastern Bhutan’s Trashiyangtese district . The project is expected to be completed in the second half of 2025. The project will be constructed as 50:50 joint venture.
Q.6. What was the theme of 36th ASEAN sunnit?
- a) Cohesive and responsive ASEAN
- b) Advancing partnership for sustainability
- c) Economic growth for an innovative future
- d) Collaboration for inclusive growth
The theme for the summit was ‘Cohesive and responsive ASEAN’. The summit was chaired by Vietnam which is also holding the chairmanship of ASEAN currently
Q.7. Which is not the correct match
- Arun Jaitely Stadium Lucknow
- MA. Chidambaram Stadium Chennai
- Green Park Stadium Kanpur
- M. Chinnaswamy Stadium Bengaluru
Arun Jaitely stadium:- New Delhi
Q.8. Who is the Education Minister of India?
- a) Prakash Javdekar
- b) Ramesh Pokhriyal
- c) Ravi Shankar Prasad
- d) Rajnath Singh
Q .9. Onam is the festival of which state of India?
- a) Karnatka
- b) Kerala
- c) Arunachal Pradesh
- d) Andhra Pradesh
Onam is an annual holiday and Hindu festival celebrated in Kerala, India
Q 10. Which is not the correct match:-
Oil Refinery State
- Jamnagar Refinery Gujarat
- Paradip Refinery Odisha
- Digboi Refinery Assam
- Tatipaka Refinery Karnataka
Q.11. Where is the headquarter of the ‘International Atomic Energy Agency’?
- a) Vienna (Austria)
- b) Washington DC (USA)
- c) The Hague (Netherlands)
- d) Abu Dhabi (UAE)
International atomic energy agency, IAEA, Vienna (Austria), 1957
Q.12. Forbes magazine has released ‘The highest-paid actors of 2020’ list. Which Indian actor listed in the top 10 positions?
- a) Salman khan
- b) Akshay kumar
- c) Aamir khan
- d) Shahrukh khan
Forbes magazine has released ” The highest –paid actors of 2020” list. Bollywood actor, Akshay kumar is the only Indian star to be listed among the top 10 world’s highest – paid actors of 2020. With total earnings of $ 48.5 million. Akshay is placed at sixth place in the list. The list has been topped by Wrestler-turned movie star Dwayane Johnson, for a second straight year, with the total earning of $ 87.5 million. Johnson is also known by his ring name The Rock.
Q.13. Recently, Indian Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane has released a book. What is the title of this book?
- a) National Security Challenges: young scholar’s perspective
- b) Soldiering with dignity
- c) Dynamics of warfare
- d) New security threats
Indian Army Chief, general Manoj Mukund Naravane has released a book titiled ”National Security Challenges: Young Scholars’ Perspective” Penned by university students, ranging from the undergraduate level to doctoral candidates. The book published by the army think-tank Centre for land warfare studies (CLAWS)
* The book contains various themes pertaining to national security. It aims to develop strategic thinking among the youth of this country.
* The book is a tribute to field marshal Sam Manekshaw, the strategist of 1971 Indo-Pakistan war, that resulted in the liberation of Bangladesh
Q.14. Which of the following country is not a member of G7 ?
- a) Italy
- b) Japan
- c) Germany
- d) Russia
The G-7 group of seven consists of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, The United Kingdom, and the United States. Initially is focused on economic, Issues but later it focused on the several challenges such as the oil crashes of the 1970s, terrorism, arms control and drug trafficking, etc. The USA president has also proposed the expansion of the G7 to be called G 10 or G 11. The proposed expansion has suggested inclusion of India, Australia, South Korea and Russia in the grouping of the largest advanced economies.
- 15. Where is the headquarter of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF)?
- a) Tokyo, Japan
- b) New Delhi, Bharat
- c) Paris , France
- d) Berlin, Germany
* The headquarters of FATF is in Paris, France
* FATF was founded in July 1989
- 16. Which Indian state honoured with the ‘President’s Colours’?
- a) Andhra Pradesh
- b) Karnataka
- c) Gujrat
- d) Goa
The state police of Gujarat were honoured with ‘President’s colours’. The Gujarat police were presented with the President’s colours by Vice President of India Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. They were presented the president’s colours for their outstanding services. It is the highest honour given to a police force in India. The previously awarded states were Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Tripura and Assam.
The president’s colours is also known as ‘Nishaan’ which is an emblem that will be worn by all police officers on the left-hand sleeve of their uniform.
- 17. Which is the country 2nd largest wartime gallantry medal?
- a) Vir Chakra
- b) Mahavir Chakra
- c) Paramvir Chakra
- d) Shurya Chakra
- 18. Who has been named as Time magazine’s 2019 Person of the Year?
- a) Narendra Modi
- b) Donald Trump
- c) Greta Thunberg
- d) Lizzo
The Swedish teenager Greta Thunberg, who became voice of a generation facing climate change emergency was named as Time magazine’s 2019 Person of the Year.
- 19. 2019 South Asian games concluded in Nepal. Which country topped in the list?
- a) Nepal
- b) Bharat
- c) Sri Lanka
- d) Maldives
South Asian Games 2019 concluded on 10 December in Nepal, with India finishing on top with a best-ever medal haul of 312 medals comprising of 174 gold, 93 silver and 45 bronze. Host Nepal remained second and Sri Lanka got third place in the regional multi-sporting. The year 2019 marks the 13th edition of South Asian Games.
- 20. National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA), India’s anti-doping body has selected which Bollywood actor as its brand ambassador?
- a) Arjun Rampal
- b) Sunil Shetty
- c) Tiger Shroff
- d) Aayshman Khurana
National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA), India’s anti-doping body has selected Bollywood actor Sunil Shetty has been selected as its brand ambassador. NADA hopes that his celebrity status would help its efforts to clean up sports in the country from the menance. It is formed by Government of India under societies Registration Act. It includes scientists and representatives from the Indian Olympic Association (IOA). It is the national organization responsible for monitoring, promoting and coordinating, doping control program in sports in all its forms in India.