Jai Hind Defence Warriors! Many students have a doubt in their mind that whether Cadets undergoing training at Defence Academies like NDA/IMA/INA/AFA can carry mobile phones with them while training . There is a lot of myth about it also . In this blog , we shall discuss on the same point and try to get rid of all confusion.
We’re going to talk about using mobile phones in the training schools for the Army, Navy, and Air Force. Here’s the deal:
- You can’t use smartphones at any of these schools while you’re training. But at the Indian Military Academy (IMA), they allow basic phones without cameras or memory cards, but only during certain times.
- If you need to get in touch with someone, don’t worry. There are plenty of public phones or telephones in the dorms that you can use.
Why Mobile Phones are not Allowed in Academy ?
Here are the reasons why mobile phones are restricted or not allowed in the training academies of the three forces based on information gathered from official sources and news:
- Air Force Academy: The Air Force Academy has stated that allowing mobile phones can pose serious risks to aerospace safety, maintenance safety, and mission secrecy. For this reason, the Indian Air Force (IAF) policy prohibits the use of smartphones within technical areas, including command headquarters and training centers, which include flying bases.
- Indian Navy: A senior Indian Navy officer, in a January 2020 interview, announced that all social networking platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, and other messengers would no longer be allowed at naval bases and on ships. Additionally, smartphones are not permitted onboard ships and at naval bases. The exact reasons for this restriction were not specified, but it is a measure to enhance security and discipline.
- National Defence Academy (NDA): NDA rules do not allow cadets to possess mobile phones. Officers conduct regular checks to ensure that cadets do not have phones in their possession. If a cadet is found with a phone, they may face 21 restrictions as a form of punishment. Restrictions are disciplinary actions, and accumulating 36 restrictions can lead to failing a term (relegation).
- Indian Military Academy (IMA): Gentleman Cadets at IMA are engaged in rigorous physical activities and must also maintain their academic and military subject scores. Allowing mobile phones could create significant distractions for them, potentially affecting their training and focus.
In summary, mobile phone restrictions in these training academies are primarily driven by concerns related to safety, security, discipline, and maintaining the focus and dedication of the cadets during their training programs.
Phones are not allowed for security reasons, as we previously discussed. Candidates are encouraged to stay updated with the latest news about different entry options, tips, and strategies for the SSB interview. Additionally, they can explore our courses for Defence Exams, which come highly recommended by successful candidates.
Also Read :
- Direct Entries In SSB Interview | 6 SSB Direct Entries 2023-24
- How To Prepare For Psychological Test In SSB Interview ? | Complete Details Of Psychology Test In SSB
- List Of Indian Air Force Headquarters And Training Centers
- First Batch Of 33 Officers To Join IAF Weapons System Branch
- 10 Best Tips To Write Effective Sentences In Word Association Test (WAT)