Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) is conducted for the Technical Branch of AFCAT Examination. Here MKC is going to share the AFCAT EKT Syllabus, Engineering Knowledge Test syllabus for All the branches. you will be able to see AFCAT Mechanical EKT Syllabus, Electronics EKT Syllabus, and Computer Science EKT Syllabus. For detailed EKT Syllabus read the full article.
AFCAT EKT Syllabus, Engineering Knowledge Test Syllabus:-
Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) this exam which is conducted by the Indian Air force itself for the recruitment of officers in their following branches like Flying Branch and Ground duty officers(non-technical). And for the Technical Branch candidate, they will have to give one more exam which is Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) by this Air Force test your knowledge and eligibility for the technical subjects.
Candidate will have to clear both AFCAT + EKT in order to join the technical branch. In this article we will discuss AFCAT EKT syllabus Engineering Knowledge Test syllabus. Right after your AFCAT exam, EKT will be held, those who want to join technical branch will have to pass this exams also with the AFCAT.
NOTE- EKT is needed only for the Technical branch.
AFCAT EKT Exam pattern:-
- Total no. of questions 50
- Time is allotted for EKT Exam is 45 Minute
- Maximum marks 150
- 3 marks will be given for each right answer.
- One marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
Syllabus of EKT AFCAT
The question that will be asked in the EKT will be from Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics, Mechanics & Computer Science ).
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer science Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Let us discuss the topics of these branches:-
AFCAT EKT Mechanical Engineering Syllabus:-
- Engineering mechanics,
- Theory of machines
- Fluid mechanics
- Manufacturing science,
- Material science,
- Machine drawing
- Automotive Engineering,
- Power plant engineering
- Industrial engineering,
- Flight mechanics,
- Aircraft structure,
EKT Computer Science Engineering Syllabus:–
Analog and digital electronics, computer network, network theory Design, switching Theory, Information technology, telecommunication, radar theory, and instrumentation.
Electrical and electronics engineering:–
- Electrical engineering,
- Electronics devise,
- Microwave engineering,
- Control engineering
- Antenna and wave propagation.
Eligibility Criteria of AFCAT EKT Exam:-
Eligibility criteria are completely the same as it is for the AFCAT, the only changes are in Age limit for EKT which I have mentioned below like Age limit for EKT
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
- Candidate must have a B.tech/B.E degree with 60% marks.
- Only graduates can apply for this, or appearing in the final semester or year can also apply.
- Candidate should have physics and mathematics in class 12th
- Candidate below the age of 25 must be unmarried before the commencement of the course.
Age limit for AFCAT EKT
- Age limit for flying branch:- 20 to 24yrs years.
- Age limit for technical and ground duty officers:- 20 to 26 yrs old.
How to prepare for the EKT AFCAT
Preparing for this is not so tough, but you will clear AFCAT as well as EKT also in order to get a technical branch. First, let’s see the preparation for the AFCAT and then EKT.
You can buy any book from the market and start your preparation or you can join Major Kalshi Classes, this is the beginner level of preparation. once you understand the complete syllabus of it and knew the difficulty level of the questions, then you can move to sample paper.
- Every day solve 2-3 sample papers and read the NCERT books.
- Give mock test every day in order to gain sufficient knowledge about the exam. For the mock test, you can join Major Kalshi classes.
- Always focus on your strongest subjects more than the other subject, where you can score maximum.
- After preparing your subjects well, start giving time to your weakest portion in order to get balance.
- Usually, people start with the numerical portion, I would suggest you start with your prepared subjects. Which you have prepared well and can score better.
- Nobody can be the best in all the subjects, everybody has a week point.
How to prepare for EKT:-
There is no any special tips or trick to crack this exam, only B.Tech or B.E candidates can apply for EKT, so they already have knowledge and practice about their chosen stream. In the EKT only general questions will be asked about your stream, you just have to solve some sample paper of EKT, so that you can get the proper idea about the question paper or you can join Major Kalshi classes for the mock tests and MKC question papers for the better preparation.
Most of the candidates have doubts about – What if I pass AFCAT and failed in EKT. Will I be considered for other braches?
So the answer is YES, you will be considered for the other branches if you clear the AFCAT cut-off. But if you could not clear the AFCAT cut-off and have passed in EKT, in this case, you will not be considered and will be declared as failed.
Suggestion:- prepare for your AFCAT first, because if you failed in AFCAT, there is no way to get selected. EKT is optional, those who want to join the technical branch only can opt for EKT.
Average cut-off of AFCAT
- Every year the cut-off is between 130 to 190 out of 300.
You can Avail our Service:-
For purchasing any books for defence examination- Click Here
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
This is all about AFCAT EKT Syllabus, Engineering Knowledge Test Syllabus. If you guys want to serve for the nation and wanted to clear Defence examination, can join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you. All the Best!