Aero India 2019 – This year’s Aero India Event drew large crowd from different parts of India. It was the 12th Edition of the Aero India Event.
Highlights | Aero India 2019
- More than 600 Indian Companies and 200 Foreign Companies participated and witnessed the largest Air show of Asia.
- The total area of the show has grown from 27,678 sq m to 28,398 sq m this year.
- A total of 61 aircraft participated in the event.
- Several seminars were conducted by a host of agencies including Ministry of Civil Aviation, Skill Development Ministry, State Governments and Industrial Associations in addition to Ministry of Defence.
- For the first time a ‘Drone Olympics’ was held with 58 entries. Bangalore got the first prize in Drone Olympics for GANNET: The Amphibious Drone.
Theme | Aero India 2019
- There was a specific theme for each day of the show. Start-ups, technology and women were featured on each of the business days of Aero India – 2019.
- The Raksha Mantri Smt Nirmala Sitharaman presided over a CEO conclave attended by 13 CEOs from overseas companies and 11 from Indian firms and exchanged views about the development of the sector. As many as 500 B2B meetings were held and many 50 MoUs were signed indicating the tag line of the show ‘The Runway to a Billion Opportunities’.
- Showcasing women achievers in the aerospace sector, and leading with the theme ‘Saluting the Queens of the Skies’, Chief Post Master General (Karnataka circle) Charles Lobo released a commemorative stamp.
LCA (Light Combat Aircraft) | Aero India 2019
- To highlight the achievements of Women in Aviation in this 12th edition of Aero India 2019 in Bangalore, Badminton star PV Sindhu flew in ‘Made in India’ fighter jet Tejas which is a Light Combat Aircraft Sindhu was seen wearing a green uniform, as she climbed up the ladder to enter the cockpit of the aircraft.
- “Sindhu will co-pilot the Tejas aircraft as part of the Women’s Day to be observed at the air show on Saturday,” a Defence Ministry official said.
Unfortunate Adversaries | Aero India 2019
- There was a fire incident at the parking area of Aero India on 23rd Feb which resulted in burning of over 270 vehicles however this couldn’t dampen the spirit of the public as the last two days at the event saw a very high foot fall of local public swarming in to the venue to catch a glimpse of these wonderful men and women in their magnificent flying machines.
- The death of a pilot from Indian Air Force’s aerobatic team Surya Kiran during a rehearsal saddened the entire event. Rafale combat aircraft flew at low speed to pay tribute to Wing Commander Sahil Gandhi who died in a mid-air collision during rehearsal in a Surya Kiran Aerobatics Team’s aircraft.
F-21 Fighter Jet | Aero India 2019
American defence giant Lockheed Martin unveils the F-21 multi-role fighter jet especially for India, to be manufactured locally under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Make in India’ initiative, as it eyed a multi-billion dollar military order.
Specifically configured for the Indian Air Force, Lockheed Martin’s F-21 provides “unmatched” ‘Make in India’ opportunities and strengthens India’s path to an advanced air-power future, the firm said announcing the plan on the opening day at the Aero India 2019 air show in Bengaluru.
ALSO READ – LATEST INDIAN AIRCRAFT 2019
We hope that this article should’ve provided you with great details about Aero India 2019.
For any other enquiries, visit
- our official website
- at Shapath Building, 105/244, Tagore Town, Allahabad – 211002
For detailed information of Notifications, Syllabus or Tips and Tricks, Admit Card Dates, Result, Cut off, Trend Analysis, Information about Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination and Current Affairs, visit out Youtube account.
Feel free to share your thoughts about this article on the comment section below.