Indian Air force proudly celebrates its 85th anniversary on October 08, 2017.
Bhartiya Vayu Sena or Indian Air force was firmly established on October 08, 1932. The Central Air command Celebrates its 85th Anniversary with great enthusiasm at various Air force stations.
Objective: The Indian Air Force, air arm of the Indian armed forces, has its prime responsibility of securing the Indian airspace as well as to carry out the aerial warfare during any clash. There is a meticulously conducted hollow square parade in which the Commander in Chief administers the oath of allegiance to all the air warriors as well as the civilian personnel for dedicating their lives to the larger and much greater cause of the nation. The wreath laying and the oath taking ceremony are usually the highlights of the celebrations which are conducted in full military traditions. This event marks the close of a week-long celebration organized in the run up to the Air Force day.
Celebration: The Indian Air Force Parade marks the beginning of the celebration on October 8. All Air Force stations conduct their respective parades at their Air bases. The traditional military parade follows the same protocol of pared. A scintillating air display by various aircraft will be the hallmark of the Air Force Day Parade cum Investiture Ceremony at Air Force Station Hindan (Ghaziabad). The air display will commence with flag bearing sky divers of famous AKASH GANGA Team dropping out of AN-32 aircraft in their beautiful colourful canopies, at 0800 hours.
History: Since 1932, The Indian Air Force has had a remarkable history of achievements. Adhering to its primary purpose of securing the Indian airspace and conducting aerial warfare during a conflict, The Indian Air Force has been involved in wars with Pakistan and one with China. Indian Air Force also played an active role in World War II aim was blocking the advance of the Japanese army in Burma. Other important operations include:
- Operation Vijay (To claim Goa)
- Operation Meghdoot (To capture Siachen Glacier in the disputed Kashmir region)
- Operation Cactus (rescue operation in the Maldives)
- Operation Poomalai (to air-drop supplies over the besieged town of Jaffna in Sri Lanka)
- Operation Rahat (rescue and relief of people struck by the flash floods in Uttarakhand).
- The Indian Air Force has the strength of about 170,000 personnel and more than 1,400 aircraft and considered as one of the leading Air forces of world. The esteem organization IAF is well known for its purposes. It has the responsibility to safeguard the country, the Indian Territory and all denizens from all risk and provide help during natural calamities to the affected areas.Wishing you all Indian Air Force personnel for their best prospective.