What is Territorial Army and How to Join TA?
What is Territorial Army?
Table of Contents
The Territorial Army (TA) is an Indian Army voluntary reserve unit. It is intended for individuals who are already working in staple civilian occupations, and in fact, lucrative employment or self-employment in a civil profession is a condition for joining the Territorial Army.
Volunteers in the Territorial Army often serve in uniform for 2–3 months each year in order to wield arms for national defence in times of grave necessity or national emergency.
How to Join TA (Territorial Army)?
How to join Territorial Army (TA), MKC provides a step-by-step procedure for the same in this blog. Read the blog carefully, There is a similar process to joining the Indian Armed Forces. Which if you are not a part of the Indian Armed Forces and are employed in any other government or non-government organization. So you can work as an officer or a soldier by becoming a part of the Indian Armed Force as Territorial Army (TA). In today’s article, we will give you information about two different ways to join the Indian Territorial Army (TA).
You can serve the country by joining the Indian Armed Forces as an opportunity or as a soldier. In this entire article, you have been given a step-by-step process to becoming a Territorial Army (TA) Officer and Soldier in both ways. Using this you can quickly get complete information about these application forms and become a part of the Indian Armed Forces by submitting the application form. Let’s begin and explain how to join the Territorial Army (TA).
How to join Territorial Army as an Officer?
- Fill Application form after checking all Eligibility Criteria like – Age Limit, Education Qualification, Nationality, Physical Standards, etc.
- Submit your application fees. (If you are applicable.)
- Submit your form before the last date.
- Reach for an SSB interview. If you are shortlisted for SSB Interview.
- Clear SSB and take training in an Indian army-related academy.
Submit the application form by following the above-mentioned steps. Read the article given below to get detailed information about the above steps.
- Nationality: Only male citizens of India.
- Age Limits: 18 to 42 years on the date of application.
- Educational Qualifications: Graduate in any stream from any recognized university.
- Physical Standards: A candidate must be physically and medically fit in all respects.
- Employment: Gainfully Employed
- Note: Serving members of the Regular Army/ Navy/ Air Force/ Police/ GREF/ Para Military and like forces is not eligible.
- Submission of applications: Online Registration and Applications can be filed after the release notification of TA…
- Fee details: Candidates are required to pay a fee of two hundred rupees only. Candidates should note that payment of the examination fee can be made only through the modes prescribed on the website. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee/mode shall be summarily rejected. The fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
Here are some eligibility criteria that are required to have to apply for this post vacancy. You can check the complete Eligibility Criteria Below:
- Only Male Citizens and Ex-servicemen are eligible to apply for this Post.
- To become a soldier in the Indian Territorial Army (TA). A candidate must be at least 10th pass.
- The age of the Candidate must be between 18 years old to 42 years old.
- The Age should not be more than 42 years old and it should not be less than 18 years old.
These are the only requirement needed to apply for this. Being a soldier in the Territorial Army (TA) might seem easy but is not easy. Now let’s see the selection Procedure of the Soldiers in the Territorial Army (TA) India.
How to Apply– Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form.
Selection procedure of Territorial Army (TA)
- Candidates whose application forms are found correct will be called for screening (written exam followed by interview only if passed in written exam) by a Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) by the respective Territorial Army (TA) Group Headquarters.
- Successful candidates will further undergo tests at a Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Board for final selection.
Territorial Army (TA)training and its Embodiment
- One month of basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months Post Commissioning training within the first two years at IMA, Dehradun.
Follow the Terms and conditions of the Territorial Army (TA) service
- The commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Pay Allowances and privileges will be the same as for Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions up to Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called out for military service for a longer duration depending on the requirement.
- Although there is limited service granted per year as per the rules of the Indian Territorial Army (TA) but due to the shortage of officers in the Indian Army officers of the TA are retained till the superannuation.
TA notification is released once a year in May. Interested men can apply online by going through the link given above in the how to apply section.
Steps for Join TA as a Soldier
To join the Indian Territorial Army (TA) as a soldier, the candidate must match the following eligibility Criteria that we are given below. To join the Indian Territorial Army (TA) there is no particular Procedure or selection. The selection of candidates in the Indian Territorial Army (TA) is done on the marks scored in the last qualifying exams etc.
First, let’s see the eligibility criteria that are required to have to apply for the Territorial Army (TA) Soldiers and after that, we will see the Selection process of Territorial Army (TA) Soldiers and will more details about this.
Join Territorial Army as an officer:
Here are a few Eligibility Criteria that are required to match, while you apply for this. You can check the eligibility criteria below:
- Only Male candidates from India are eligible to apply for this.
- Ex-servicemen can also apply for this if they are medically fit.
- A candidate must have done graduation.
- A candidate who is in central government service can also apply.
- Personnel of the Police force and paramilitary force are not eligible to apply for this.
Age Limit required for territorial Army India:
The Age limit in the Indian Armed forces is different for each of the forces individually but the territorial army is a bit different from the regular forces. here you can see the Age limit for this.
- The Age of Candidate must not be less than 18 years old and should not be more than 42 years old.
Territorial Army (TA) Salary and Allowances
For the officer’s entry in the Territorial Army (TA): After clearing the written examination candidates are shortlisted for the Preliminary Interview Board for Personal Interviews to be conducted at the concerned command. It is a basic interview where the suitability of the candidates for the SSB interview is assessed and the seriousness towards the Indian Army and general awareness is judged.
In today’s article, we have told you how you can work as a tax officer or soldier in those Indian armed forces as a territorial army. Give information on this subject. If you want to make your career in Indian Armed Force through Territorial Army and want to prepare for SSB Interview to be conducted in Territorial Army. So get yourself enrolled in MKC coaching institute today or start your preparation by getting yourself enrolled online. For more information, you can use the link and contact number of the official website given below.
Territorial Army FAQs
Q. What is Territorial Army?
Ans. Such personnel in the Armed Forces are attached to the Indian Army as Reserve Army and can be sent to work in any war zone if required. The Territorial Army is deployed in the interior parts of the country and in the centrally administered states.
Q. Can a soldier become an officer through the Territorial Army?
Ans. By filling out this application form any ex-serviceman through Territorial Army can work as an opportunity in the Indian Armed Forces.
Q. What is the educational qualification required to fill out this application form?
Ans. To fill this application form, if you are filling out the application form for the post of officer, then you must have passed the graduation and if you are filling out the application form for the soldier post, then you should have passed the minimum 10th class.
Q. Does the Territorial Army work as a normal army?
Ans. No, but sometimes when needed, the Territorial Army is appointed as the Normal Army and the soldiers are sent to the border.
Q. Is the Territorial Army Direct Entry?
Ans. Yes, Territorial Army is a direct entry to join the Indian Armed Forces. Selection in this application form is done by shortlisting the application form filled by the candidates.