What is Permanent Commission in Indian Army
In order to join the Indian Army as an officer or a soldier, one can join the service as Short Service Commission or a Permanent Commission. Here in this article, I will share with you the complete details about the Indian Army Permanent Commission and what is Permanent Commission, How to join Army as a permanent commission, way to join the Army as PC etc. I will these topics today in this article and will give you complete information about this. I will my best to make you Understand the Permanent Commission’s criteria for joining the Indian army. To get complete details of it, check the article below:
What is Permanent Commission in Indian Army:
In the Indian Army, only two types of the commission are given in the service. One is SSC (Short Service Commission) and the Second one is Permanent Commission. Earlier only Permanent commission was there in the Indian army. All the candidates who join the Indian army they get a permanent commission because no other commission was available at that time. Then the Indian Army launched one more commission and named it as Short Service Commission. Here we will see the difference between the permanent commission and Short Service commission and at last, we will discuss the ways to join the Indian Army as a Permanent Commission.
Short Service Commission in Indian Army:
In the Indian army men and women can join the service as Short Service Commission (SSC) which is basically time-bound of 8-10 years and can be extended for 1-2 years more. Earlier only men used to get the Permanent Commission in the Indian Army but now the government has decided to give Permanent Commission to the women also (PC).
Permanent Commission in Indian Army:
The Permanent Commission or PC in the Indian Army, where you can work for the nation till the retirement, till 60 years of age, as a soldier or as an officer. But you have joined the Indian Army as Short Service Commission and want to upgrade your service to the permanent Commission, there are very chances to get so. Earlier the women in the Indian were only eligible to join the Indian Army as Short Service Commission but Now the Supreme Court has opened the way for women in the Indian army as permanent commission in the recent judgment.
Now let’s see the ways to join the Indian Army as Permanent Commission and after that, we will see the details of each entry and exams like Eligibility Criteria, Age Limit and selection process of that entry or exam.
How to Join Indian Army as Permanent Commission:
In order to join the Indian Army, one can join the Indian Army through these entries that are given below. You will get a permanent commission in the Indian Army through these entries.
- NDA (National Defense Academy)
- CDS (Combined Defense Service Examination)
- TES 10+2 Entry
- TGC (Technical Graduates Entry)
- NCC Special Entry
National Defense Academy Examination:
Selection procedure of NDA
- Written exam (conducted by UPSC)
- SSB Interview
- Medical test
- Candidate must have physics and mathematics in 10+2.
- If you are in class 12th. Then too you can apply.
- Candidate must have 60% marks in PCM in 12th board.
- Age Limit: Age of the candidates must be between 16.5 to 19 yrs old.
- There is no relaxation has been given to any caste or any religion.
- The age limit is the same for all the categories.
Combined Defense Service Examination:
A candidate can apply for this entry right after graduation. This Exam is conducted by the Union Public service Commission Twice in a year. There are some criteria to apply for this.
Eligibility Criteria of CDS
- You can apply for the CDS examination only after graduation.
- If a candidate is in the final year of his graduation can also apply for this.
- Candidate must have at least 60% marks in his graduation.
Age Limit for CDS
- For Indian Military Academy, A candidate age must be between 19-24yrs old.
Selection Process of Combined Defense Service Examination:
A candidate will have to clear the three phases of tests and clearing each phase is mandatory. A candidate will appear for Written Exam which is conducted by the UPSE and the candidate who would qualify the Written Exam; they will proceed for the SSB Interview and then Medical tests. So the selection process would be like:
- Written Exam
- SSB Interview
- Medical Tests
You can get permanent commission in the Indian Army through these both entries. These are the best way to join Indian Army as an officer.
Technical Graduates Scheme
This is one of the easiest entries in the Indian Army service, a candidate who has an interest in the technical field. They can join the army through this entry as a Technical Officer.
In this entry, A candidate will not have to appear for the Written Test, they would be directly called for the SSB Interview on the basis of their marks scored in the Graduation. The selection process of the Technical Graduate Scheme is pretty much simple.
Selection Process of Technical graduates Scheme:
- Apply for TGC online
- The army will declare the list of shortlisted candidates based on their degree percentage.
- Get the call letter for Direct SSB Interview, if shortlisted.
- Attended five days of SSB Interview process.
- Attend medical examination, if gets recommend.
- Wait for the all India merit list of TGC.
- Join Indian Military Academy, if Shortlisted and medically fit.
Eligibility Criteria required for TGC:
This entry is only for the candidates who have done graduation in the field of Engineering. Let’s eligibility Criteria for the Technical graduate’s Scheme.
- Only Engineering graduates are eligible to apply for this post.
- A candidate who is in the final year or in Final Semester.
Age Limit for TGC
- The age of the candidates for the technical graduate’s Schemes should not be more than the 27 years and not less than 21 years old (21 years old -27 years old).
For the details about the NCC special Entry and TES 10+2 entry, you can click on the link given below to check the complete details about these entries.
You can Avail our Service:-
For purchasing any books for defense examination- Click Here
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
Visit our YouTube Channel For Free Education:- Click Here
This is all about What is Permanent Commission in the Indian Army and how to join Indian Army as a PC. If you guys want to serve for the nation and wanted to clear the Defence examination, can join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you. how to join the Indian Army as PC.