Sailors For Artificer Apprentice (AA) Notification – Feb 2019 Batch Course Commencing February 2019
THE INDIAN NAVY
INVITES ONLINE APPLICATIONS FROM UNMARRIED MALE CANDIDATES FOR ENROLLMENT
AS SAILORS FOR SENIOR SECONDARY RECRUITS (SSR) – FEB 2019 BATCH
COURSE COMMENCING FEBRUARY 2019
|Last Date of Apply||15-06-2018|
|Admit Card released||June last Week|
|Exam Date||July 2018|
- Eligibility Conditions. Online applications are invited from unmarried male candidates (who fulfill eligibility conditions as laid down by the Government of India) for enrolment as sailors for Artificer Apprentice (AA) – Feb 2019 batch.
- Educational Qualifications. Qualified in 10+2 examination with 60% or more marks in aggregate with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects:- Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science from the Boards of School Education recognised by MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Age. Candidates should be born between 01 Feb 1999 to 31 Jan 2002 (Both dates inclusive).
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Computer-based Examination, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
- The question paper will be computer-based with a total of 100 questions, each carrying 01 mark.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice).
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is available on website joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Duration of examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate. The Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate.
- Penalty for Wrong Answer. Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the question paper. There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth (25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
- Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Advisory:– Proficiency in sports, swimming and extra-curricular activities is desirable.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms. Details regarding minimum height standards for entry into the Indian Navy as Sailors, including applicable relaxations, can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008. Extract of the Navy Order can be accessed from the official Indian Navy recruitment website.
- Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination”. Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit in Final Medical Examination will be enrolled. Candidates who are found medically unfit will be advised to appeal against its findings, if they so desire, at INHS Kalyani, Visakhapatnam within a maximum period of 21 days.
Note:- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax, and tartar removed from teeth prior to medical examination.
|Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
Tattoos. Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
Note:- Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply.
Candidates (except SC/ST candidates, who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of 106/- (Rupees One hundred six only) can be paid through online mode by using net banking or by using Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card/ UPI. Admit card will be issued for the examination only to those candidates who have successfully paid the examination fee.
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.There is no reservation of vacancies for the candidates from SC/ ST category. Candidates from SC/ ST category will only be entitled to waiver of examination fee.
- In case you have made an online payment of fees and money has been deducted from your account without successful submission of application (ie unsuccessful payment), please wait for 7 working days for automatic refund of money to your account.
The applications are to be filled online only on website joinindiannavy.gov.in and all required documents in original are to be scanned and uploaded.
HOW TO APPLY
For this entry, the candidates can apply ONLINE ONLY on the official website joinindiannavy.gov.in from 02 Jun 18 to 15 Jun 18. The procedure is as follows:-
- Applicants need to register with joinindiannavy.gov.in with a valid and active „E-mail ID‟ and mobile number in order to fill online application for the said entry. Already registered candidates, personal, education and communication particulars need to be update. Otherwise, the candidate will not be able to view online application in the “Current Opportunity”.
- There are two ways of registration (i) With Aadhaar (ii) Without Aadhaar. Candidates can use with Aadhaar option for simplified application process..
- Log–in with the registered E-mail ID and Click on “Current Opportunities”.
- Click on “Apply” (√) button.
- Fill up the Form completely. Before clicking the “Submit” button make sure all the details are correct, all required documents are scanned in original & uploaded.
- Online applications will be further scrutinized for eligibility and may be rejected if found not eligible in any respect.
- Photographs. THE PHOTOGRAPH TO BE UPLOADED SHOULD BE OF GOOD QUALITY WITH BLUE BACKGROUND. Size of the photograph should be between 60 – 100 KB.
LAST DATE OF ONLINE APPLICATION – 15 JUN 2018